Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Falcone's

1. Default Re: Falcone's

I wouldn't know on the locations. It's been several years since I last visited the city, and I haven't lived there in a very long time.

2. Default Re: Falcone's

I'm guessing this was an unofficial one, because it was kind of a hole in the wall and not very good.

3. Default Re: Falcone's

Could be.

4. Default Re: Falcone's

Ray's Pizza at wikipedia

Ironically of all those locations, the one I went to is the third picture down.

Default Re: Falcone's

I agree Steve, the one I was talking about that I ate at last week was at 52nd and 8th, the 3rd one down, the same that jbrown84 ate at. Either way, I still say it's true NYC style pizza and far better than Falcone's which was my original point. Although I do like Falcone's.

6. Default Re: Falcone's

That's crazy we both ate at the same one, metro. It's not like that one is in a particularly prominent location.

haha yeah, with our luck it was probably the same day, same time sitting right next to each other.

8. Default Re: Falcone's

I was there Thursday, March 22nd around 7pm.

Default Re: Falcone's In Bricktown-----today Is The Day!!!!!

This is from your Bronx neighbor. I'll stop by as soon as I can.
    In bocca al lupo!

I grew up, in Little Italy in the Bronx. I can tell you, this is the best pizza, you can get! When I go into the resturant, I feel like, I am back home!

Wife and I took advantage of the awesome weather and ate outside at Falcone's last night...Wasn't super busy, but we did get there after the Redhawks game had started...Just had a slice of pep and some artichoke hearts

Thought it was very good and will definitely return...Can't beat a $20 dinner in Bricktown

> ... meatball parmisagna sandwhich ... have not been brave enough to try
    > it yet (need more zantac ).

I'm more of a pepcid fan myself. After discovering it sits better with me than the other OTC's, those foods I used to enjoy despite the pain are now (more often than not) enjoyed pain free. It's a small price to pay to not abandon the comfort foods which I've enjoyed throughout my life.

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown84 View Post
    Ray's Pizza at wikipedia

Ironically of all those locations, the one I went to is the third picture down.
    jbrown, my parent's had their first date at the one you went to!

I mean, jrbrown AND metro...actually, I need to ask my parents again which one it is for sure, because I think there are several around the block of 52nd and 8th. But it would be cool if that were the exact one! I know it wasn't one in the Village or Little Italy.

I've been to a Ray's (can't promise which one, not the one my parent's had their first date at, that I know) several times. Its GOOD. Of COURSE its better than Falcone's, but its considered by some to be the best pizza in NYC. That's why everyone tries to be a Ray's pizza (most if not all unaffiliated). But I still think Falcone's comes closest.

Falcone's comes closest out here, I mean. Ok I need to get to work.

I have not been to the location in Bricktown yet (is it even open yet?) but I have May and 63rd and LOVE this place! Being originally from NY (upstate), it was hard to find "real" pizza around here but Falcone's has filled this void. Yes, it is a little pricey, but well worth it. When you pay $5 for pizza, you get what you pay for and personally Little Caesar's is crap. A large from Falcone's can easily feed 4 adults as the slices are huge! This place gets a 10 out of 10 from me!

Quote Originally Posted by OKCGRL99 View Post
    I have not been to the location in Bricktown yet (is it even open yet?) but I have May and 63rd and LOVE this place! Being originally from NY (upstate), it was hard to find "real" pizza around here but Falcone's has filled this void. Yes, it is a little pricey, but well worth it. When you pay $5 for pizza, you get what you pay for and personally Little Caesar's is crap. A large from Falcone's can easily feed 4 adults as the slices are huge! This place gets a 10 out of 10 from me!
    I agree with EVERYTHING you just said! Where in NY are you from (not like I know that much of upstate NY besides Rochester/Syracuse/Ithaca/Genneseo, but maybe I'll be surprised)? Go to the Bricktown location when you get the chance, its been open for about two weeks now, but they need some more traffic on weekdays (I desperately want them to do very well here, so I'm doing some shameless promoting).

Quote Originally Posted by JerzeeGrlinOKC View Post
    I agree with EVERYTHING you just said! Where in NY are you from (not like I know that much of upstate NY besides Rochester/Syracuse/Ithaca/Genneseo, but maybe I'll be surprised)? Go to the Bricktown location when you get the chance, its been open for about two weeks now, but they need some more traffic on weekdays (I desperately want them to do very well here, so I'm doing some shameless promoting).
    I'm actually from the Ithaca area. I will have to get to the Bricktown location - I want them to do well too! Bricktown definitely needs a good pizza joint! Yum...now I want pizza! lol

19. Default Re: Falcone's

It's funny, thanks to this board, I looked up Falcones and found that it was just feet away from the Little Caesars on May that I normally go to. I'm going to give it a try. I need some pizza variety.

20. Default Re: Falcone's

Quote Originally Posted by drumsncode View Post
    It's funny, thanks to this board, I looked up Falcones and found that it was just feet away from the Little Caesars on May that I normally go to. I'm going to give it a try. I need some pizza variety.
    Yeah it's like two doors down from Little Caesers and very close to a Mazzio's as well.

The Bricktown location (which I ate at twice last weekend ) seems to be doing well on the weekends. The cashier Saturday said it had been non-stop all day. I've never seen the inside packed out, but there is always a line and they are always running out of pizzas.

21. Default Re: Falcone's

I've been in the area of the original Falcone's but purposely driven to Bricktown just to give them more business. Gotta love it.

Quote Originally Posted by drumsncode View Post
    yay drumsncode! Let me know how it goes (when I get to the Minuteman pizza, if ever back in Tulsa area, I will let you know too). Just don't think about the price when you order it, and you won't be disappointed. Its about triple the price of Little Caesars, but its 100 times better!

23. Default Re: Falcone's

Quote Originally Posted by JerzeeGrlinOKC View Post
    yay drumsncode! Let me know how it goes (when I get to the Minuteman pizza, if ever back in Tulsa area, I will let you know too). Just don't think about the price when you order it, and you won't be disappointed. Its about triple the price of Little Caesars, but its 100 times better!
    JerzeeGrl, I think you're the only person from New Jersey that has ever made me laugh! (The stories I could tell ya about East Coast "hospitality")

In my best Brooklyn accent: "You guys are killin' me here!"

All this talk about pizza; I'm starving for it, and I'm headed toward the one on May in a few days.

I guess it can't be any pricier than buying a half-tank of gas to drive to Sand Springs and eat at Minuteman, so I'll try and close my eyes when I pay for it.

I just went last Saturday and WOW!!! Great Pizza. So much better than Pizza Hut or Little Ceasers. I hope they open a Falcones in Edmond. It would give Hideaway a run for it's money!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy's Big Toe View Post
    I just went last Saturday and WOW!!! Great Pizza. So much better than Pizza Hut or Little Ceasers. I hope they open a Falcones in Edmond. It would give Hideaway a run for it's money!
    I agree!

Thread Information