Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: REHCO / Former Downtown Ford site

Default Re: Downtown Ford Site

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Greg told the public he sold his interest on his own volition. Not sure if it's worth debating in light of what he said.
    Not like he's going to diss himself in the public eye either. And even if he was fired, I'm sure Howard and Clagg would handle it in a gentlemanly manner and let him "resign." I'm guessing the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Oh yeah, well what did you "dig up" on Fred Hall, during the course of your quick investigative work?
    He runs a pretty good network of private companies in drilling, auto parts manufacturing/distribution, real estate development, and capital management as well as a family trust. His operations are in OKC and Houston, and I am still tracking down if he is associated with a hedge fund in Chicago . It is hard to track because a lot of it run through agents that list the places of business as single family homes.

Here is his BIO from the Fred Jones Family Foundation

http://fredjonesfamilyfoundation.com...tors.html#fred

Frederick Jones Hall was born in Oklahoma City. He received his Bachelor of Arts from Vanderbilt University and his Master of Science in Business Administration from the University of Southern California. Fred is married to Karen and they have three children, Maguire Neal Hall, Fredrick Jones Hall IV, and Allison Cook Hall.

He is currently the Chairman of the Board of Managers for Hall Capital Partners, the Managing Partner for the Catalyst / Hall fund, and the Chairman, President, and CEO of The Fred Jones Companies, Inc, all of which are in Oklahoma City.

In the late eighties, Fred was the Deputy Assistant Secretary for European and Canadian Affairs in the U.S. Department of State, and later was Chairman of the Oklahoma Transportation Authority. He was also the Vice Chairman for “Oklahomans for Reagan” both times President Reagan ran for President, as well as Vice Chairman for “Oklahomans for George W. Bush” both times President Bush ran for President. He also served as a Board Member for “Citizens for America.”

Fred has and still does help with many community service committees in Oklahoma City. He served as a board member and officer, and later became Chairman of the Oklahoma City Public Schools Foundation. He was also the Chairman of the Ballet Oklahoma board of directors, Integris Health (Baptist Hospital, Oklahoma City Industrial & Cultural Facilities Trust, Oklahoma City Chamber of Commerce, and Downtown Oklahoma City, Incorporated, all of which he is still a board member.

I find it interesting that the 400 block of west reno sold for 6 million to the myriad gardens foundation. that belonged to hall at one time.. hmmmm actually might be 6.9 million can anyone check this out please

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry View Post
    Let me rephrase that then - what do you consider super loaded? Keep in mind that Fred Hall derives his networth and income from private companies so places like Forbes have no idea how much he is worth so they don't report on it.

Fred Hall was CEO of the private-family owned company that owns the building OCU was going to move into.
    I'm not sure where you get your information, Kerry. Forbes reports on the worth of David Green and his Hobby Lobby empire is privately owned.

5. Default Re: Downtown Ford Site

He runs a pretty good network of private companies in drilling, auto parts manufacturing/distribution, real estate development, and capital management as well as a family trust. His operations are in OKC and Houston, and I am still tracking down if he is associated with a hedge fund in Chicago . It is hard to track because a lot of it run through agents that list the places of business as single family homes.

Here is his BIO from the Fred Jones Family Foundation

http://fredjonesfamilyfoundation.com...tors.html#fred
    Wow, good research Kerry. An interesting guy indeed...

Quote Originally Posted by Reno and Walker View Post
    I find it interesting that the 400 block of west reno sold for 6 million to the myriad gardens foundation. that belonged to hall at one time.. hmmmm actually might be 6.9 million can anyone check this out please
    Oh great, another conspiricy theroist. Your right about the selling party and price, you failed to mention that they sold this property to the MGF for much less than appraised value.

7. Default Re: Downtown Ford Site

Quote Originally Posted by rcjunkie View Post
    Oh great, another conspiricy theroist. Your right about the selling party and price, you failed to mention that they sold this property to the MGF for much less than appraised value.
    So are you getting hyper-defensive for any reason other than that's what you do?

So are you getting hyper-defensive for any reason other than that's what you do?
    Not at all, and I have "no dog in this fight". It just gets old when select few (present company included) always suspect and/or assume there's always some type of hidden agenda when those in power or with money, make move.

9. Default Re: Downtown Ford Site

Well, junkie, I hate to break it to you, but there is an agenda. I don't know how hidden or insidious it is or whatever, but I'm sure you know there is an agenda, as well...

Well, junkie, I hate to break it to you, but there is an agenda. I don't know how hidden or insidious it is or whatever, but I'm sure you know there is an agenda, as well...
    I'll move on and leave you and like thinkers in never never land, conspire on my friend.

11. Default Re: Downtown Ford Site

How am I in "never never land??" Sorry to refute your latest cutesy little phrase, but you might want to take a look in the mirror..

We seem to have got way off track based on comment that I worded badly. Hall is not amoung the uber-wealthy (like David Green) but he probably has more net-worth than most people know. I am sure whatever gets developed on the Ford site will be quality and I am hoping for shock and awe. Like the Bass Pro deal, his project will set the standard for the area so I hope the bar gets set pretty high.

13. Default Re: Downtown Ford Site

We seem to have got way off track based on comment that I worded badly. Hall is not amoung the uber-wealthy (like David Green) but he probably has more net-worth than most people know. I am sure whatever gets developed on the Ford site will be quality and I am hoping for shock and awe. Like the Bass Pro deal, his project will set the standard for the area so I hope the bar gets set pretty high.
    Well said, Kerry. I too hope it sets the bar high.

14. Default Re: Downtown Ford Site

Funny that you mention the Bass Pro deal..

What standard do you mean? And in a good or bad way?

Spartan: What did you mean by your Bass Pro comment? Not that I want to get ya in trouble with RC or anything. LOL

16. Default Re: Downtown Ford Site

I'm referring to the strategy of offering incentives to lure a retailer to come downtown. The ULI report concluded that OKC would have to put up many millions in incentives to lure a Nordstrom or Bloomingdale's to this exact site.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry OKC View Post
    What standard do you mean? And in a good or bad way?

Spartan: What did you mean by your Bass Pro comment? Not that I want to get ya in trouble with RC or anything. LOL
    Bass Pro set the bar really low and subsequent projects in the immediate area lived up to the low standard. Bass Pro was shock and awe, just not in a good way. Bass Pro should of been a 3 story building (1 story of parking and 2 stories of retail.

18. Default Re: Downtown Ford Site

Yeah....an urban bass pro. Right.

Spartan & Kerry, that's what I thought (and agree)

Yeah....an urban bass pro. Right.
    Our local Dick's Sporting Goods has an urban style in the St Johns Town Center. It is 2 stories and carries just about everything Bass Pro does except boats. Granted they have a large parking lot but that was built by shoppping center developer and it is located behind the building away from the street. The interior looks very similar to Bass Pro.

OKCs Bass Pro should have been built as canal front instead of making the parking lot canal front.

21. Default Re: Downtown Ford Site

Kerry, Bass Pro did not care about Bricktown or the canal or any of that. The building actually has zero setback to the particular infrastructure asset they cared most about. Think about that.

All they cared about was, how close to I-40 and I-235 can we get?

The part make Bass Pro so bad is that the building was designed, built, and owned by the City of Oklahoma City. Being shot is bad enough, it is even worse when it is self-inflicted.

23. Default Re: Downtown Ford Site

It will always be self-inflicted.

OKC can chose to withhold a building permit from any development it wants. Every wound in this city has always been self-inflicted in the end. The battle against some projects isn't fought in board rooms of businessman trying to make a profit, it's fought (and lost) in city hall.

Blog Entries

The part make Bass Pro so bad is that the building was designed, built, and owned by the City of Oklahoma City. Being shot is bad enough, it is even worse when it is self-inflicted.
    Yeah, it would probably have been better to let the weeds grow there. Or I can't remember, was that where Nordstoms or Niemans was going? Maybe the Ritz Carlton. It is awful having it there and taking all the development property out of play because there are no more sites to do anything on. No one ever goes to Bass Pro and it doesn't create any traffic for Bricktown or any sales tax for the city. Just terrible.

Rover - I am not complaining about the tenant - just the design and layout of the building.

Thread Information