Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Nic's Grill

Default Re: Nic's Grill

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    There are quite a few actually. I've lost track but at one time there were 10 or more active Q-trucks in the area..... Almost always at least one parked at Bleu Garten this spring.
    Thanks for the KOSMOS tip.

TripAdvisor Members Name the Nation's Best Burgers - ABC News

#3 burger joint in the nation according to TripAdvisor.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    TripAdvisor Members Name the Nation's Best Burgers - ABC News

#3 burger joint in the nation according to TripAdvisor.
    It's interesting that these articles came out at the same time and with different Oklahoma burgers in their top 5.

https://www.yahoo.com/food/top-5-bur...264806926.html

#4: The Onion Burger

At Sid’s Diner in El Reno, Okla., it takes just a few simple ingredients to make the showstopping Onion Burger. Key are the Spanish yellow onions that owner Marty Hall slices until paper-thin and then adds directly to the patty. A homemade spatula flattens out the meat, giving the onions the perfect surface area to crisp up until golden brown.

Does anyone know if Nic's will be open Monday? I don't have to work, so I was thinking about finally making it over there. I wasn't sure since some places are still closed for the holiday.

Blog Entries

The movie "Hollis" which was featured at Deadcenter Film Fest a couple of weeks ago had some scene's shot at Sid's in El Reno. In the movie you saw the outside of the Hollis Inn (in Hollis needless to say) but when they went inside it was Sid's. Took me a minute to figure out where it was but made for a good small town dining scene.

False advertising irks me. Shouldn't it be called Nic's Griddle instead of Nic's Grill?

7. Default Re: Nic's Grill

Nic's Grill reopened today after being closed for a month while they opened the Diner & Lounge.... It sure was strange walking in there at 12:10 and there being 3 empty seats at the counter and one of the tables open but I took advantage of it before the lines come back..... Almost everyone in there today except a few people were first timers too.

HangryHippo Guest

I ate at the new location last week for the first time and it was incredible. Really cool space too.

Drove by the old location at 1:00 and there was no line, but people inside. Looks like the new location will cut down on lines at the old location.

Oops, just saw BBQ's post, so now it makes sense.

10. Default Re: Nic's Grill

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Oops, just saw BBQ's post, so now it makes sense.
    Yeah, the place was never totally full when I was there today but I'm sure once the regulars find out it's open again the lines will return.

He wasn't even serving the Tuesday special today. It was just burgers.... May have had Chicken Fried Steak but no one asked for it while I was there. A couple of regulars asked if he would be serving the Tuesday pork chops next week and he said everything should be back to normal by then.

11. Default Re: Nic's Grill

There was no line when I drove past today so I decided to stop and get a burger.... Apparently Justin (Nic) figured out a way to clone himself with a younger version because there was a 20 something year old kid working the grill today but he had all of Justin's mannerisms right down to calling people Bubba.

He did a pretty good job with the burgers but he still needs some practice on keeping the orders in order.... He was kind of all over the room instead of working the room from south to north like Justin does.

12. Default Re: Nic's Grill

I finally made it in here today for the first time. I had tried to go a few times and the line had deterred me away and I never carry cash, but after going to the Lounge a few times a wanted to try this out and compare as I'm not a huge fan of the new place.

We got there at 11:15 and there was not a line and we were able to sit at the bar. I finally understand the hype. The food here is hands down better the few burgers I've had at the lounge and was one of the better burgers I've ever had. Nic wasn't manning the grill, but will be back in the next week or two after the guy working starts back at college for the semester. I can't compare him to how Nic runs the place, but he managed to get everyone's orders pretty well (although he did forget the bacon on my burger... which he gave me free of charge after I let him know). The line was only a few people deep when we left at 12:00 or so. I'll definitely come back here.

When I finally pinpointed on my Mental Maps of Culinary Delights, within easy driving distance of OKC Proper, exactly where [the Original] Nic's was, I never stopped to visit. It wasn't on account of folks lining up at around 10 am for a burger. It simply wasn't lunchtime. Yet, on one journey to Downtown OKC, I considered a burger at the Nic's Knockoff by the skating rink next to the Myriad Gardens. (then I remembered the reviews in here and reconsidered. after all it wasn't really lunchtime and the burgers were supposedly off par.) Now I'm reading criticism that makes sense: vis-a-vis The Original Nic's Location. Not the other one. To Paraphrase Forrest Gump: "Life is like a Box with Burgers. You should know Almost Exactly what you are going to get." (Not complaining about the offerings to the cook or waitstaff implies wisdom. ~attributed to Yoda)

14. Default Re: Nic's Grill

Saw this FB post from them this weekend.... Good news for those that aren't able to get in at lunch time.

Hey all you Nic's customers! Nic's Grill the original will start opening Friday nights from 6pm-9pm and on Saturday from 11am-8pm. STARTING THE 27TH OF OCTOBER! HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!

Hooray!!!

Awesome news. Plus, I love their food but it's so delicious you just have to finish those huge portions and that's a guaranteed food coma for lunch.

Blog Entries

Does this have anything to do with the revitalizing Steve Mason is doing in this area by chance?

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    Does this have anything to do with the revitalizing Steve Mason is doing in this area by chance?
    What is the revitalization you speak of?

18. Default Re: Nic's Grill

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    What is the revitalization you speak of?
    http://newsok.com/article/5550158

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    Thanks!

20. Default Re: Nic's Grill

That Saturday line is going to be mental.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    That Saturday line is going to be mental.
    Tried to go there twice and line was too long, so we're probably going to go on Sat in a few weeks, and it should be decent by then, no way we're going to attempt it the first few Saturdays...

22. Default Re: Nic's Grill

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Tried to go there twice and line was too long, so we're probably going to go on Sat in a few weeks, and it should be decent by then, no way we're going to attempt it the first few Saturdays...
    I wouldn't count on it being to crazy..... Regardless if you don't mind having a late lunch/early dinner around 3 PM I bet the line will be manageable to non-existent between lunch and dinner.

23. Default Re: Nic's Grill

So glad to see this! I've always wanted to go there, but I've just never found the time to go on a weekday at lunchtime.

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    I wouldn't count on it being to crazy..... Regardless if you don't mind having a late lunch/early dinner around 3 PM I bet the line will be manageable to non-existent between lunch and dinner.
    That's *exactly* why we tend to eat on Saturdays around 1:30 - 2:00.

So did anyone go or drive by on Saturday? Was it busy. Thinking of going at 6pm this Friday since Thunder game that I have tickets for is at 8. Stop there eat get to the arena by 7.

Thread Information