Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Hampton Inn

SouthsideSooner Guest

Default Re: 10-story Hampton Inn proposed for Bricktown

You see those pictures and the side that faces the ballpark just begs for balconies for every room. It's obviously not the plans, as there are no doorway cutouts.

Something should have been worked out. What a huge missed opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthsideSooner View Post
    You see those pictures and the side that faces the ballpark just begs for balconies for every room. It's obviously not the plans, as there are no doorway cutouts.

Something should have been worked out. What a huge missed opportunity.
    More than a missed opportunity...That would just be plain ignorant to not have balconies at least on the top two floors...Sure something could be worked out with the Hawks for the special event nights and college games

3. Default Re: 10-story Hampton Inn proposed for Bricktown

Franchise architecture. Designed by someone far, far away who doesn't have a clue about the nearby ballpark.

Just include the price of a ticket in the room rate on game day or night and turn it over to the Redhawks. Seems pretty simple to me. Total missed opportunity!

5. Default Re: 10-story Hampton Inn proposed for Bricktown

I imagine they didn't want balconies because they don't want people throwing stuff onto the field. They already have a big problem with that with the garage.

Does anyone have an updated planned opening date for the Hampton?

Does anyone know when they might start taking reservations?

Quote Originally Posted by djhusker View Post
    Does anyone have an updated planned opening date for the Hampton?

Does anyone know when they might start taking reservations?
    i talked to the head of the bricktown as. last week ..and he said the are now working 7 days a week .. and plan to be open in dec at the latest .. they are now taking goup reservations for next jan

If they are projecting January, then they need to remove the Opening Summer 2008 signs. If they stay on task, I don't see why they couldn't be open by end of Sept. (summer).

nice pics metro. the one thing that is odd about this hotel is that only half the rooms in the building actually have a view. the rest are directly facing a parking garage, and the bottom half of the backside is looking into outfield wall signs.

10. Default Re: 10-story Hampton Inn proposed for Bricktown

That's just how it is with urban hotels. I stayed at a hotel in San Francisco last week near Union Square. Outside our window there was a cinderblock wall 4 or 5 feet away.

any new construction photos, updates?

12. Default Re: 10-story Hampton Inn proposed for Bricktown

I've posted photos at OKC Central — All about downtown OKC.
    -Steve

I drove by today and this thing is already 10 times better than that Residence Inn piece. Just the fact that it isn't surrounded by surface parking and that it's nestled right into the district makes it a nice little addition to the area.

14. Default Re: 10-story Hampton Inn proposed for Bricktown

I was serving coffee at the Ballpark a few weeks ago and was noticing that some of those rooms are going to have a great few over the park.

I also like the idea of not having a place to eat in the hotel - rather, sending folks to local places of interest in Bricktown.

Quote Originally Posted by BDP View Post
    I drove by today and this thing is already 10 times better than that Residence Inn piece. Just the fact that it isn't surrounded by surface parking and that it's nestled right into the district makes it a nice little addition to the area.
    I agree completely. This is an urban hotel, Residence Inn is suburban in what's supposed to be an urban area. I wish we could make Reno more of an urban street like Sheridan but the recent developments have not been very complimentary.

Drove by last night, brick is rapidly coming up on the building, it's almost all the way up on the south side (facing ballpark) and the north side has 4-5 floors of brickwork up now. Hopefully this will be open in July.

Any pics?

18. Default Re: 10-story Hampton Inn proposed for Bricktown

I'm going out today...just got my liscense so Im going drive crazy. =P Imma go downtown and take some pics.

19. Default Re: 10-story Hampton Inn proposed for Bricktown

Quote Originally Posted by Architect2010 View Post
    I'm going out today...just got my liscense so Im going drive crazy. =P Imma go downtown and take some pics.
    Thanks for the warning in advance. Just remember: be kind to pedestrians.
    ...this shortest straw has been pulled for you

It's really a bummer they're only bricking the first 7 floors and not the whole thing... We gave up two stories of brick and we still don't get the cool tower that lights up at night that was originally planned!

Quote Originally Posted by Architect2010 View Post
    please don't take those pics while driving!

22. Default Re: 10-story Hampton Inn proposed for Bricktown

^^ lol. Of course not.

Are those AC units?

are what A/C units? I don't see any in the pics. I also drove around downtown and snapped pics last night, I'll post them when I can.

25. Default Re: 10-story Hampton Inn proposed for Bricktown

The rectangular openings below the windows are for the HVAC units (air conditioning).

Thread Information