Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Hideaway Pizza

1. Default Re: Hideaway Pizza (Midtown)

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    haha, this thread just got interesting. Pass the popcorn.
    I know how you feel. Anyone care to count how many Hideaway Pizza there are in the world? Last I checked, there was only one on Northwest Expressway.

Default Re: Hideaway Pizza (Midtown)

Ate there on Sunday night. I love the set up of the place. The pizza was great as always. It is safe for kids (for Just the Facfs) as it is definitely a pizza place. Highly recommended. This place should be hopping before Thunder games, but was only half full on Sunday at 7pm...

3. Default Re: Hideaway Pizza (Midtown)

Quote Originally Posted by KilgoreTrout View Post
    This place should be hopping before Thunder games, but was only half full on Sunday at 7pm...
    We just finished basketball season. Don't tell me its started again already?!

4. Default Re: Hideaway Pizza (Midtown)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I know how you feel. Anyone care to count how many Hideaway Pizza there are in the world? Last I checked, there was only one on Northwest Expressway.
    You might want to count again. Try a dozen in Oklahoma.

The North Western location was the first in OKC, I think it opened in the late 90's. The NW Hiway location opened after I moved to Austin in 2003, it was still a Chili's at that time. I think their first location outside the original location in Stillwater was in Tulsa.

Thunder: NBA basketball isn't back yet (they are still on lockout), they haven't missed any games yet but it is a possibility. Hopefully, they will get it resolved like the NFL recently did.

Also, dosen't Hideaway have a take out location at the Bricktown Ballpark?

Went for lunch this afternoon with my seven-year-old. Good service, no wait, excellent food (as expected). I'd like to go back during the evening sometime, seems like it would have a good vibe for dinner.

8. Default Re: Hideaway Pizza (Midtown)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Interesting that this is being referred to as the "MidTown" location. It's definitely Automobile Alley, no real overlap with this one. But it does show how much confusion there is between the two areas.
    There it is...I was waiting for OKCTalks downtown district nazis to jump on this one...

(which is what my earlier, curiously-now-deleted post was referring to)

9. Default Re: Hideaway Pizza (Midtown)

Nazi...? Wow. I was simply making a comment on how these districts get mixed up despite various branding, marketing efforts. I'm not the guy playing forum cop on this site. As for the name calling ... reflects more on you than me.

10. Default Re: Hideaway Pizza (Midtown)

How many districts are there now? Automobile Alley, Midtown, Arts, Flatiron, Deep Deuce, Bricktown (and Lower Bricktown), Film Row, Business, Core-to-Shore...... I personally think the general public will only embrace/recognize a few of these.

11. Default Re: Hideaway Pizza (Midtown)

I see your point. And this is why I was asking my question to begin with (before I was called a "Nazi"). Some of these have never made sense to me - Lower Bricktown, Rick Dowell's insistence on creating a "Park Plaza" district ....

Steve: Curious but whose idea was the separate "Lower Bricktown" designation? Was it Bricktown opposition or the developer or maybe a way around more rigid design parameters (if the development was within "Bricktown")?

I've been trying to put together a project map by district but I can't find one I like.

This one is from downtownokc.com... I particularly dislike the "Arts District" as it's very contrived and arbitrary without logical boundaries:

Quote Originally Posted by Larry OKC View Post
    Steve: Curious but whose idea was the separate "Lower Bricktown" designation? Was it Bricktown opposition or the developer or maybe a way around more rigid design parameters (if the development was within "Bricktown")?
    I think Randy Hogan came up with the Lower Bricktown name when he started developing that area. I believe it did have something to do with design requirements or zoning regulations. There was an article in a local publication a few years ago, either the Gazette or the Oklahoman about the distinction.

Bigray in Ok

I'm not even sure I know what the "Park Plaza" district is. I assume it's that small 1-2 block area just west of the Memorial around 5th or 6th. Why it is considered "Park" Plaza is beyond me.

While I agree that some of the "districts" may seem contrived, those which carry a sense of history (Automobile Alley, Midtown and Film Row, for example) are very distinct, having developed organically as revisionist projects meant to redevelop parts of our original downtown. These areas have a stronger sense of identity than any "named" planned district.

Oops. Back to topic now.

Am surprised by the amount of territory included in "Automobile Alley". Always considered it a small section of a single street (more of what a "Main Street" designation might entail, or even the small area on each side of the street in "Film Row", the buildings/properties fronting the street, but not necessarily the whole block).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Larry OKC View Post
    Am surprised by the amount of territory included in "Automobile Alley". Always considered it a small section of a single street (more of what a "Main Street" designation might entail, or even the small area on each side of the street in "Film Row", the buildings/properties fronting the street, but not necessarily the whole block).
    I'd seen that Downtown OKC map some time ago and so knew it defined AA as larger than what it seems it should be, but prior to seeing it I also thought AA was only the street front of Broadway between Main-ish and 13th.

In spite of that map, I don't know what the "official" boundaries are. If I recall, OKC only recently (in the last few years I thought) defined the boundaries of "downtown" (river to 13th, Classen to Stiles I believe). There was a newsok article, but I don't have a link. My point is if downtown's boundaries were only recently officially set, it's not surprising if the sub-districts are also not officially defined. Is this something worth addressing officially as was done for downtown?

18. Default Re: Hideaway Pizza (Midtown)

AA, Flatiron have to go. ALL of my friends think AA is part of Midtown basically. Plus, keep the arts district confied to the civic center area and not all the way to the Memorial...people won't embrace weird geographic designations that are hard to remmber.

Based on something I saw recently the larger AA area could certainly be justified, it stated that over 50 of the 70 dealerships were located in AA...95% of all cars sold in oklahoma were "distributed" thru OKC!

I see AA and Midtown as completely separate. The Flatiron district might be a more useable term if there were actually anything there to talk about.

21. Default Re: Hideaway Pizza (Midtown)

A quick check of UrbanSpoon identifies Places like Iguana Lounge as being in "midtown." thus adding to the confusion. The Hideaway location did not even appear on UB.

22. Default Hideaway Pizza no longer at Bricktown Ballpark

Why did this happen? There's nothing better than a Big Country, a beer and baseball

Default Re: Hideaway Pizza no longer at Bricktown Ballpark

Does suck...Always had a slice at every game

I was disappointed too, it just went with baseball at the park.

So what took its place? Something by the same vender that manages all the other eateries at the ball park? Not knowing anything at all about the matter, I would guess Redhawk management wanted a bigger share of the sales and Hideaway gave them the finger. Its sad in a way. Just takes me back to glory days of the ballpark which was only about 10-12 years ago. Of course, I do prefer the new "glory days" where we have a NBA team. lol

Thread Information