Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Citizen

Default Re: The Citizen

I took this one today and if you visualize the finished structure coming close to the top of the crane, you can see how the building is going to be very visible because there isn't anything tall around it. Should add some interest to the skyline from certain angles.

2. Default Re: The Citizen

tallest building in midtown? or is St Anthony taller?
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Wow, it's taken them little time to run this up to seven floors between last month and this one.

I never really knew EXACTLY where this was located until your most recent photos, Pete. I knew it was around the memorial, but not like overlooking the survivor tree.

Those will be some great views above the 3rd or 4th floor.

Looks like it will almost double in height from the current ceiling. So if you took a picture from this exact altitude in the future, I think the top would be just out of frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    I never really knew EXACTLY where this was located until your most recent photos, Pete. I knew it was around the memorial, but not like overlooking the survivor tree.

Those will be some great views above the 3rd or 4th floor.

Looks like it will almost double in height from the current ceiling. So if you took a picture from this exact altitude in the future, I think the top would be just out of frame.
    It wont be doubled, they're finishing off the 7th floor in the picture. Looks like they're about to finish the columns si they can start on floor 8/12.

Quote Originally Posted by HFAA Alum View Post
    It wont be doubled, they're finishing off the 7th floor in the picture. Looks like they're about to finish the columns si they can start on floor 8/12.
    To be fair, he said "almost double," and there are five more floors to build.

I also said the current ceiling, which is the top of floor 6. And the only reason that won't be double is because the 1st floor is taller than the rest although maybe with the added height of whatever finishes the facade, it will double.

Citizen
    by catch22, on Flickr

Awesome pics!!!

This building is already having an effect on the skyline. I was coming down the Boulevard yesterday, and you can see a couple floors of it popping up and filling in the gap there.

7 of 12 floors have now been erected.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post

Citizen
    by catch22, on Flickr
    Fabulous density. Go OKC!

This is a fantastic infill project downtown. Need about a dozen more of these to fill in those gaps

16. Default Re: The Citizen

exactly what I was thinking BG. In fact, when I saw the first pic I had a wow moment and forgot it was OKC. ....
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

HangryHippo Guest

This is awesome. We need more just like it to fill in some the gaps and we’ll be in business.

10 of 12 floors:

I was driving up Broadway on Saturday and was rather floored by how much of an impact this makes already.

Man, it seems like OKC flies through building towers up. In Portland, it took 4 months to build up an 8-story tower, so the crane was there for like, 6 months. OKC, they get them up, and then take the crane down as soon as possible.

Just amazing the differences in how quickly buildings can get built.

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    Man, it seems like OKC flies through building towers up. In Portland, it took 4 months to build up an 8-story tower, so the crane was there for like, 6 months. OKC, they get them up, and then take the crane down as soon as possible.

The Citizen and Oak have moved relatively quickly, but I don’t think it’s much quicker than most construction in Portland.

Maybe more details than necessary for a non-Portland thread but for context, there are many development related issues there as they have had an Urban Growth Boundary (UGB) limiting sprawl dating to the 1970s, maybe 1980, imposed by Oregon law that requires all cities to present a UGB map every six years, being updated as seen fit. It works reasonably in cities like Medford, Corvallis, Grants Pass, places with Goldilocks growth, but can artificially inflate land cost in rapidly growing large cities like Portland, even Eugene or Salem albeit to a much smaller extent. That has pushed Portland to start experimenting with ways to increase density to help cushion the affordability crisis some, like mandating apartments with more than 20 units to allocate a set percentage for those that meet low-income requirements. The combination of varying factors has made it where there’s tons of sub-20 unit complexes under construction along with 20+ units being much larger than they were a few years ago and that has strained construction companies in how much they’re available to do at times.

Spot on….seems like OKC flies.

Was in Austin last week and Waterline is coming along but will be a 4 year build!! - Granted at 72-stories and 1,022’ tall it will be the largest tower in Texas when finished.
    https://austin.towers.net/inside-wat...ll-tower-plan/

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post

Tower cranes are expensive. Developers prefer projects like surface parking or urban sprawl. Very very little overhead and very very cheap. Cheaper to build out then up

25. Default Re: The Citizen

The Citizen's website changed the opening date from 2025 to July 2024. I have loved seeing this move so quickly! Makes sense for it to open this soon because they're about to top out in a few weeks.

Thread Information