Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Mosaic

HangryHippo Guest

Default Re: Mosaic

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    So, what I was told today was that because the multi-family dwelling affects the covenants, particularly for garage size, we are going to have to vote to change them before they can begin the Maywood Flats. Before that was understood, they starting the dirt work for the foundation but had to stop until its approved. When it's all done, people will forget that there were ugly ends, me included. Just like people will forget that the Aloft Hotel took a long time to be completed. It probably would have helped sell them more quickly, which I pointed out to the developers multiple times, but in the long run they will look nice.
    Do you know when the vote is set to take place?

Quote Originally Posted by andrewmperry View Post
    +1
    Nice av...

3. Default Re: Mosaic

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    Nice av...
    Had to change it up.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewmperry View Post
    Had to change it up.
    It's that awesome pic that Praedura posted ;-)

Starting to rise up (courtesy catch22):

Mosaic Is Downtown By Design | Level Urban Apartments

Not much info, but they added a Mosaic section to the Level webpage.

It looks like the Oklahoma Avenue streetfront plans have changed. Instead of having a parking garage exit, it looks to be 2 sets of 3 pull in spaces...probably for the commercial spot on the NE corner. I like that much better.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    It looks like the Oklahoma Avenue streetfront plans have changed. Instead of having a parking garage exit, it looks to be 2 sets of 3 pull in spaces...probably for the commercial spot on the NE corner. I like that much better.
    Good catch. I like that a lot better as well.

Good. Keep garage access in the alley where it belongs. Good change.

Here's another view of the progress.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-01-04 12.16.27.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	5739  

Quote Originally Posted by LeBiddy View Post
    Here's another view of the progress.

I am 20 floors up in the SD Commons and took this picture!

East Downtown OKC
    by lazio85, on Flickr

Some cool new models from the AHMM.co.uk website:

Those are pretty slick.

I forget just how close it comes to the Maywood Lofts. Really cozies right on up there

Hawt.

I hope they use a nicer "stucco" on Mosaic than LEVEL. I noticed they were repairing it again today. Wonder if its leaking. Bricks last a lifetime. I know they're not as trendy looking or as cheap, but I worry what this is going to look like in 10-15 years. The landscaping looks bad too.

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    I hope they use a nicer "stucco" on Mosaic than LEVEL. I noticed they were repairing it again today. Wonder if its leaking. Bricks last a lifetime. I know they're not as trendy looking or as cheap, but I worry what this is going to look like in 10-15 years. The landscaping looks bad too.
    I tried to keep an open mind and believed McKown when he explained before construction that The fake stucco was a better product... blah, blah, blah. Truth is -- Level is deteriorating at an alarming rate! The discoloration, streaks and stains, and large and growing rust spots, are already unsightly.

Add to that, they have let all the landscaping die and have now ripped most of it out. The piles of dog crap everywhere are also an embarrassment. The staining and pollution caused by their trash collection system only adds to the long list of problems.

I was really hoping Mosaic would be slightly taller than the Maywood Lofts for the views, but it looks like almost every unit, save for maybe the top SW corner unit will have a view directly into the Maywood Loft units. Those people are going to have to get blinds for their balcony doors.

HangryHippo Guest

The last three posts hit on everything I've been thinking. The landscaping at Level looked pretty bad from the moment they planted it. Now it just looks awful. The stucco looks awful and it's getting worse every time I pass it. Just really bad. McKown says that they've learned from that and they're changing what Mosaic has, but time will tell. Also, the views from Mosaic are looking right into other apartments. That's hardly a selling point I'd think.

Welcome to living in a big city. Not every room will have a stunning view, some will have views of an alley. But they will still sell out, because of the location. I stayed with a girl in NYC, on the 8th floor of some apartment building in the Upper West Side, bed had a view directly across to someone else's room in the alley of an adjacent building. But the ability to walk downstairs, eat breakfast at a diner, walk a block over and be in a Central Park was great.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Welcome to living in a big city. Not every room will have a stunning view, some will have views of an alley. But they will still sell out, because of the location. I stayed with a girl in NYC, on the 8th floor of some apartment building in the Upper West Side, bed had a view directly across to someone else's room in the alley of an adjacent building. But the ability to walk downstairs, eat breakfast at a diner, walk a block over and be in a Central Park was great.
    Yup I toured several luxury condos/lofts in downtown Dallas that had horrible views. But were just as expensive as ones with better views. OKC is not even close to being as dense, but this is how it begins.

I really want a high rise residential tower in OKC... It gives me chills to think of how neat it will be once we get to that self-sustaining level.

Blog Entries

Though I lived there for six plus years, I don't know this for sure, but I heard rumors that if the right people with means come along The Classen management will still sell you a unit. And it's a nice place to live.

Several cement trucks lined up on 3rd St this morning, must have poured quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadanth View Post
    Several cement trucks lined up on 3rd St this morning, must have poured quite a bit.
    Yup - last large concrete pour was this morning I believe.

Yup, I heard them at 4:30 a.m. Hope that was the last pour. Although we've got Maywood II to look forward to as well.

Thread Information