Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Broadway 10

Default Re: Broadway 10

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    How do the steaks stack up to say Red Prime or The Ranch?
    I haven't been to Broadway 10 yet, but for me The Ranch is the best steak I've ever had, and RP is a pretty close 2nd. Right now, I'd put Ken's Steakhouse in Amber at #3 :-)

We went to the Broadway 10 last week. They were very busy.
    We did not enjoy our evening. The number one issue with our experience was the noise. The architect should have called in a sound engineer before spending any money on architecture. We could not hear each other, we could not hear the servers, we could not hear the music, just the thud thud of the base. The room is attractive but that is not what makes a enjoyable experience.
    I do not eat red meat but my friends had the steaks and said their steaks did not compare to The Ranch. They compared it to a glorified Charleston, but not as good. The vegetables were cold and the salmon ( which I had) and sea bass ( which someone else had) were so so. Nothing special. Deserts the creme brullee so so, the chocolate cake was awesome. But the server removed it from our table before we were all able to enjoy it (very large portion). We could not hear him come clear the table because we were leaning in so far to hear each other talk .
    I would suggest this restaurant re-engineer their acoustics first; the service and the food next. We also had to stand at the front desk for quite a while because the waiting area only provides space for four people and it was full, we were a party of five and another party of four stood with us.
    Last edited by city; 01-31-2015 at 08:54 PM. Reason: grammar

My son went there and had the same issue with noise. I didn't notice it, but I've only been there early in the evening. My sea bass was excellent. I'm going to try a steak next time. It's hard to top the Ranch and Red for steak though.

I was there last night. I thought the food was really good. Not spectacular, but really good. The build out is beautiful-there might not be a prettier restaurant in the state.

I did notice the acoustics. The subwoofers overwhelmed the rest of the sound system. When we first sat down, I thought a car with the bass up too loud was outside.

The service was really good. I'll be back, but the price point will keep it from regular rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cotter View Post
    I was there last night. I thought the food was really good. Not spectacular, but really good. The build out is beautiful-there might not be a prettier restaurant in the state.

I did notice the acoustics. The subwoofers overwhelmed the rest of the sound system. When we first sat down, I thought a car with the bass up too loud was outside.

The service was really good. I'll be back, but the price point will keep it from regular rotation.
    Nicer than Vast? That'd be pretty hard to top!

I think it is. Vast is very nice (to look at), though.

Curious if this place has improved. Has anyone eaten there recently?

Quote Originally Posted by Rom View Post
    Curious if this place has improved. Has anyone eaten there recently?
    I've been twice. Saturday most recently. Both times the steak just came out cold-Luke warm. Sides were meh. The atmosphere is incredible and the service is good but it's no better then a $20 steak.

I want to love this place but the food just isn't good enough for the price.

Damn it, I wanted to go here for my birthday...

Go anyway, decide for yourself.

11. Default Re: Broadway 10

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Go anyway, decide for yourself.
    Yeah... What he said!

Same advice I give on my BBQ blog.... Don't take my word for it. Go try it for yourself..... I've been considering trying them for lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    I've been twice. Saturday most recently. Both times the steak just came out cold-Luke warm. Sides were meh. The atmosphere is incredible and the service is good but it's no better then a $20 steak.

I want to love this place but the food just isn't good enough for the price.
    I have almost the opposite reaction. My steak was awesome! Charcuterie platter was divine.

But it was waaaay too loud in there. Very echo-y and on top of that was loudish music. I couldn't even hear my date without leaning way over the table (which resulted in a sore back by the end of the night). It was also oppressively cold inside so much that my date remained in all her layers the entire dinner. Even I put my jacket back on halfway through.

So food= good. Ambience = not good.

As an aside, why do some restaurants seem to engineer loudness into their design?

I went on a date there on the 20th and it was great! The service was awesome and the food was top notch - we both had the filet. Very noisy though I don't really mind that. I thought Stella was the loudest a restaurant could get but this is actually quite a bit louder.

We went on 2/13 pretty late (930pm dinner). The place itself is gorgeous. The sides were great, but the main dishes for what you pay you can easily find better for 75% the cost. My steak was very "meh."

So many new restaurants go for polished concrete floors (or similar) and hard ceilings.

There are just so many hard surfaces reflecting sound, especially in a big, open room (another big trend).

Noisy bars can be fun and add to the energy and atmosphere but I've always hated noisy restaurants, especially those that are more upscale.

Been a couple times. The sushi Ive had is surprisingly good. The shrimp appetizer that is cooked and served with its shell still on is messy and annoying. It tasted good but I dont want to eat the shell and it was too much work peeling. As far as the prime filet, lets just say that Ill stick with The Ranch or Red Prime for that. The atmosphere and service have been good each time though.

For me, I will treat it as a place for drinks and light eating, maybe to start or end the night. Not sure it will be the go to place when I want to go out for a nice dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorTaco View Post
    I have almost the opposite reaction. My steak was awesome! Charcuterie platter was divine.

But it was waaaay too loud in there. Very echo-y and on top of that was loudish music. I couldn't even hear my date without leaning way over the table (which resulted in a sore back by the end of the night). It was also oppressively cold inside so much that my date remained in all her layers the entire dinner. Even I put my jacket back on halfway through.

So food= good. Ambience = not good.

As an aside, why do some restaurants seem to engineer loudness into their design?
    I am half deaf so that's maybe why I didn't mind the noise I can't hear so much.

How do you like your steak cooked? I like mine medium rare and both times they were lukewarm coldish. The fat on it wasn't even close to bubbling. Never had that problem at Red, The Ranch, Boulevard, Mickey Mantles or even Cattleman's. Could be because its wood fired?

I think it is because it's wood fired. I don't think they are cooking their steaks hot enough to get a good crust without over cooking the steaks. And I will not go back until they expand their steak selection, the choice of a filet or ribeye doesn't cut it in a prime steakhouse

19. Default Re: Broadway 10

I really enjoyed it when I went. It was too loud for the size of the tables (it would have helped it I wasn't seated a mile across the table from my date...). But I didn't notice the music-- just the crowd noise. But I thought the flavor of the wood-fired steak was great. Maybe that makes it cooked at a lower temperature because mine was cooler too. I usually eat mine medium and when I go back (and I definitely will) I will likely order medium well.

Still haven't tried this. Need to, but the reviews don't sound promising.

As for the ambiance, OKC restaurants are insanely too quiet. Even "hip" establishments turn the music down so low there is literally a dead atmosphere in most restaurants. Music shouldn't overwhelm, but needs to at least be present and audible.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    ... Music shouldn't overwhelm, but needs to at least be present and audible.
    That depends entirely on (a) the type of music selected by the mgmt, and (b) one's definition of audible.

I think the volume level in this case has to do with the surfaces. I-beams, concrete, and no baffling result in a din once you have a crowd in there. Some places try to resolve this by putting carpet under the tabletops or baffling in the ceiling. They may not agree that it needs to be addressed.

So it's kind of a mixed bag. Because they're in a high price bracket, I expect more and rate them much harder.

The pros: really awesome decor and atmosphere. The taste of the food is great. Great sushi, sides, drinks, and apps. Pleasant servers.

The cons: the steaks are cold when they come out. I disagree that it's the wood fired grill... I think the real reason is my second con. The second con is they have extremely slow service and orders get backed up. I think this is the real reason food comes out cold... They're not good at timing/coordinating multiple orders to hit at the same time, so someone's food sets while they are still cooking the second diners food. Prepare for a two hour dinner.

Yes it is quite loud there, but I didn't think it was unbearable. I don't know if I'd try to change it, it's part of the atmosphere. There were no bands or music playing when I was there. I agree it would be too much with a band.

All of the cons are easily addressed, and hopefully they will be. I did like this place a lot and do plan to go back, but they have some serious logistics issues they need to address if they plan to keep their prices where they are at.

Quote Originally Posted by Questor View Post
    The cons: the steaks are cold when they come out. I disagree that it's the wood fired grill... I think the real reason is my second con. The second con is they have extremely slow service and orders get backed up. I think this is the real reason food comes out cold... They're not good at timing/coordinating multiple orders to hit at the same time, so someone's food sets while they are still cooking the second diners food.
    So you would say this is more a problem of the cook staff rather than the wait staff?

I hate to hear that people have been disappointed. I haven't gone yet but am dying to. Perhaps I'll order something other than steak. You'd think with the kind of place it is that they could get good staff in there that wouldn't have this problem.

I've decided to have my birthday at Tommy's. It's much closer to where everyone lives and I like the food there better. I guess I'll give this place a year and see about it then.

Thread Information