Widgets Magazine
Page 69 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1964656667686970 LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 1743

Thread: OAK (formerly Penn Central)

Default Re: OAK (formerly Penn Central)

It's hard to believe they will be open this fall. They have a long way to go in a short period of time.

I know the apartments are going to start pre-leasing later this month.

Quote Originally Posted by OkieBerto View Post
    New Photos from the Oak Facebook page of them installing the cloud art sculpture. "We are so excited to share installation pictures of the amazing Cloud Trees sculpture Brad Oldham Sculpture is bringing to OAK. Get ready to see it this fall — it’s bound to blow you away! ☁️"

Attachment 18868 Attachment 18869 Attachment 18870
    OK, I'll admit I thought this idea was goofy, and the renderings didn't convince me. But seeing them installed (photos, anyway) actually has made me pro-mirror clouds. Looking forward to seeing them in person.

Pete, any idea how long it will be until they start on the next phase, including the office building? Also, will there be future renderings of the next phases?

These are the latest renderings and site plan:

Blog Entries

Thanks Pete,

Really nice to watch this project come together in stages.

Thanks Pete. After this next phase, is that it for OAK? Or do they have anymore plans for that area (not sure what all they own)?

Also, that poor office building has been downsized a lot :/ wasn't it 11 or 12 stories, at one point?

A bit off topic, but am I the only one who still prefers the name Penn Central? Oak just seems generic to me. Penn Central at least says something about the area.

9. Default Re: OAK (formerly Penn Central)

Quote Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    A bit off topic, but am I the only one who still prefers the name Penn Central? Oak just seems generic to me. Penn Central at least says something about the area.
    50 Penn Place, Penn Square, and then Penn Central. You have too much faith in people not getting confused by all the Penn.

50 Penn Place, Penn Square, and then Penn Central. You have too much faith in people not getting confused by all the Penn.
    If Oak were located at 122nd and Penn, then I can see someone going to the wrong place due to confusion. Possible but not probable. But having them all front the same intersection alleviates that issue. If one gets to NW Expwy and Penn, they can figure it out.

11. Default Re: OAK (formerly Penn Central)

I tend to agree Traxx. Penn Central sounds like somewhere nice to go to. Oak - hmm, ??

"I'm going to Penn Central to shop". "I'm going to Oak to shop". ??

I also like the fit with the area, Penn Central + 50 Penn Place galleria mall + Penn Square Mall; just would need the other corner to be Penn something, ..
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Omg smh

Quote Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    I like Penn Central, too, but it does sound like a bus/train station.

14. Default Re: OAK (formerly Penn Central)

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    I tend to agree Traxx. Penn Central sounds like somewhere nice to go to. Oak - hmm, ??

"I'm going to Penn Central to shop". "I'm going to Oak to shop". ??

I also like the fit with the area, Penn Central + 50 Penn Place galleria mall + Penn Square Mall; just would need the other corner to be Penn something, ..
    Growing up in NW Oklahoma, Oak makes me think of Oakwood Mall in Enid. But Oak in "The City" makes me think of Oak Tree Country Club (I know, Edmond). Having "Penn" something on all 4 corners would be kind of neat, though.

Quote Originally Posted by barrettd View Post
    I like Penn Central, too, but it does sound like a bus/train station.
    Speaking of such, I was watching The Seven Year Itch again a few weeks ago. The beginning where they're in Penn Station always makes me so sad that they tore that down. It was beautiful. At least they learned their lesson and saved Grand Central.

16. Default Re: OAK (formerly Penn Central)

How about making it all a retail district and calling it Penn Central? This would combine all of the retail developments in the area! It is called Oak, it won't change.

How about making it all a retail district and calling it Penn Central? This would combine all of the retail developments in the area! It is called Oak, it won't change.
    I don't think anyone is holding their breath hoping that it'll change. It's Oak. We know that. Some of us are just expressing our preference for the name Penn Central.

Just call it 'The Oak on Northwest Penn Southwest' lol

As far as construction, it's really coming along and looking great. Thanks for the shots, Pete!

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    Just call it 'The Oak on Northwest Penn Southwest' lol

As far as construction, it's really coming along and looking great. Thanks for the shots, Pete!
    Rolls right off the tongue!

The name will not affect this development at all! Because of the existing live oaks and adding new ones, I see where the name comes into play. I think Belle Oak has a nice ring to it. Anxious to see what restaurant will be going into the Red Carpet car wash pad.

Quote Originally Posted by progressiveboy View Post
    The name will not affect this development at all!
    Looking back through this thread to see where anyone made this claim. Not finding it.

Tempur-Pedic filed a building permit for a store at OAK. Would be a first for the state (standalone Tempur-Pedic store in Oklahoma).

Quote Originally Posted by bison34 View Post
    Tempur-Pedic filed a building permit for a store at OAK. Would be a first for the state (standalone Tempur-Pedic store in Oklahoma).
    Are the other ones built into furniture stores? I didn't realize there were no actual stores, but I could have sworn I'd seen the brand advertised here.

A mattress store in here? Am I the only one that thinks that's weird? Although maybe it fits with the whole "home furnishings" vibe they have going on.

Thread Information