Widgets Magazine
Page 69 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1964656667686970 LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 1742

Thread: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    I know it’s just summer league, but starting to feel like Dillon Jones was a steal. Seems to be mature out-of-the-gate much like Cason Wallace was last season. Really heady with his play, doesn’t seem to be mistake-prone, ESPECIALLY for a rookie. 21 points, 7 of 8 from the floor, 3/3 from beyond the arc, 7 boards, 4 assists.
    Yeah both he and Ajay Mitchell have shown some flashes in both games. Ous looked a little better tonight as well. Really hope we can keep Keyonte Johnson around next season as well. I don’t know if it will be for us but I think he’s got a decent chance to make the roster somewhere.

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

3. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Dillon Jones looks good so far. Hope he gets some minutes in the season. I think Ous might be a bust, he is still young though but I haven't seen a lot of improvement. Sad he didn't get on the French national team, that might have helped some development.

I was at the gym this morning and saw SC Top 10 and on come the Thunder. I saw Ous go in for a dunk and thought "Wow, great for him" only for him to get blocked and that was the #2 TT play... I wonder if they will give him another year with the Blue, see what he can do, if he progresses and then move him to the team or trade.

I was glad to see Ous try to dunk on someone. I suspect he got an earful after his first game about playing more physical. He at least tried.

Yeah, Dillon Jones looks good again. He’s really crafty, which he had to be do to his lack of athleticism. It’ll be interesting to see how they get him minutes with our depth.

6. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Dillon reminds me of a shorter JDub. If you see some of his college highlights the resemblance is uncanny.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by catcherinthewry View Post
    Dillon reminds me of a shorter JDub. If you see some of his college highlights the resemblance is uncanny.
    Actually, he is an inch taller and quite a bit stockier. Dillon is 6'6", 235, with a 6'11" wingspan. He is actually only about 10-15 pounds lighter than Hartenstein. He is the same height as Kenrich Williams and is 25 pounds heavier... and Kenny Hustle plays power forward and small ball center. Dillon has a chance to be special if he is as hard of a worker as say Dort.

Jalen Williams is 6'5", 210

Jalen Williams is dramatically more athletic than Dillon. This allows him to get to the basket and spots in ways that Dillon won’t be able to. The question with Dillon is whether he will get overwhelmed by NBA athleticism on both ends, but especially on the defensive end. On the plus side, he’s an exceptional cross court passer in addition to being so generally crafty.

9. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Actually, he is an inch taller and quite a bit stockier. Dillon is 6'6", 235, with a 6'11" wingspan. He is actually only about 10-15 pounds lighter than Hartenstein. He is the same height as Kenrich Williams and is 25 pounds heavier... and Kenny Hustle plays power forward and small ball center. Dillon has a chance to be special if he is as hard of a worker as say Dort.

Jalen has 7'2" wingspan. He just seems to me to play bigger than Dillon.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Jalen Williams is dramatically more athletic than Dillon. This allows him to get to the basket and spots in ways that Dillon won’t be able to. The question with Dillon is whether he will get overwhelmed by NBA athleticism on both ends, but especially on the defensive end. On the plus side, he’s an exceptional cross court passer in addition to being so generally crafty.
    His play so far in LV doesn't show a lack of athleticism. He's a scorer, can drive, and understands angles. He's been noticeably better than the summer league competition but will have to adjust to the NBA. Fortunately, he can be worked in without pressure. He's definitely a better athlete than Dort, and a better scorer. Has better feet. But, let's see if he has the same work ethic.

I'm sorry but you lost me at Dillon is more athletic than Dort. They're not even in the same stratosphere. Dort's combination of foot speed, agility, and strength are elite. That will never be Dillon's game. He's crafty, but he's a subpar athlete for the NBA. None of this is a knock on Dillon. Players can be good in a lot of different ways.

Also, Ajay Mitchell has been really promising thus far too. He gets to the basket consistently and then has a real knack for dump offs. With second round picks especially, you just want to see them be good at some definable NBA skill. Mitchell has that. Good stuff.

actually he is not taller at all ..

at the NBA combine

Jones was 6'4.5'' 6'11 with a wingspan and 236 pounds
    Williams was 6'4.5'' with a 7'2.25'' wingspan and 209 pounds

Jones is the same height Williams was 2 years ago .. as a just 21 year old (april) (would not be surprised if he is now a little taller) .. Jones is almost 23 (October) .. (Williams is only 6 months older than Jones)

williams has longer arms ...

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    I'm sorry but you lost me at Dillon is more athletic than Dort. They're not even in the same stratosphere. Dort's combination of foot speed, agility, and strength are elite. That will never be Dillon's game. He's crafty, but he's a subpar athlete for the NBA. None of this is a knock on Dillon. Players can be good in a lot of different ways.
    Dort is also in elite shape Jones is not close to that ..

and jones should be dominating summer league he is older then most there

Blog Entries

Summer League: Thunder vs Jazz

Box score https://www.nba.com/game/okc-vs-uta-...0004/box-score

Blog Entries

Memphis Grizzlies 77 vs Oklahoma City Thunder 80

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    actually he is not taller at all ..

at the NBA combine

Jones was 6'4.5'' 6'11 with a wingspan and 236 pounds
    Williams was 6'4.5'' with a 7'2.25'' wingspan and 209 pounds

Jones is the same height Williams was 2 years ago .. as a just 21 year old (april) (would not be surprised if he is now a little taller) .. Jones is almost 23 (October) .. (Williams is only 6 months older than Jones)

williams has longer arms ...
    Heres the roster. Go argue with the Thunder or just yell at the clouds.
    https://www.espn.com/nba/team/roster...a-city-thunder

Some people just like to argue.

Wouldn’t arguing with thunder and yelling at the clouds be the same thing?

We talking Summer League, man….Summer League…Summer League

Not a game..not a game.notagame….

Summer

League

Blog Entries

NBA Summer League, Las Vegas

Saturday, July 13, 2024 - 7:30 p.m. CST

Oklahoma City Thunder vs Toronto Raptors
    Pavilion - Las Vegas, NV

lol here are the official NBA combine measurements ...... you know Infront of people done by the NBA but i'm sure you are correct .... keep putting out that false info ...

https://www.nba.com/stats/draft/comb...easonYear=2024

https://www.nba.com/stats/draft/comb...onYear=2022-23

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    lol here are the official NBA combine measurements ...... you know Infront of people done by the NBA but i'm sure you are correct .... keep putting out that false info ...

https://www.nba.com/stats/draft/comb...easonYear=2024

https://www.nba.com/stats/draft/comb...onYear=2022-23
    This may be the stupidest argument I've been in in a awhile. I bow out and salute you for your superior knowledge about basketball. Lol. It must have been his hair i was looking at when they stood together at the draft.

23. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Just a bunch of guys arguing about half an inch. It's ok boys.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    Just a bunch of guys arguing about half an inch. It's ok boys.
    It does happen to be between, imo, the two people on okctalk that like to argue the most. I say let them duke it out!

Blog Entries

Thunder Announces Preseason Game in Tulsa

OKLAHOMA CITY, July 9, 2024 – The Oklahoma City Thunder will return to Tulsa, Oklahoma during the 2024 preseason, the team announced today. The Thunder will host the New Zealand Breakers of the NBL on Thursday, October 10, at 7 p.m. inside the BOK Center.

The Thunder and the Breakers will meet for their second preseason contest in what marks the 15th preseason game for the Thunder in Tulsa.

Fans interested in purchasing tickets for the October 10 Tulsa preseason game can call 405-208-HOOP or visit okcthunder.com.

The Thunder’s entire 2024 preseason schedule will be announced at a later date.

Thread Information