Widgets Magazine
Page 68 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1863646566676869707172 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 1825

Thread: Costco

Default Re: Costco

I wish they’d finally put one in the west metro. Seemed like that might happen, but nothing mentioned in quite a while. It would do great out that way!

It's interesting to see where they are opening next. Check out this on Costco dot com https://www.costco.com/new-locations.html

Tulsa is getting a second location.

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    Tulsa is getting a second location.
    yep was announced a long long time ago .. (well over a year)

Midtown Re: Costco

Wonder if OKC will be getting another one by 2024?

There's word going around that the large undeveloped land at SW 11th & Mustang Road is getting a Costco...

Quote Originally Posted by rkjg24 View Post
    There's word going around that the large undeveloped land at SW 11th & Mustang Road is getting a Costco...
    Good, we need to make the traffic worse on Mustang Rd. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Thatguy15 View Post
    Good, we need to make the traffic worse on Mustang Rd. Lol
    I mean, you don't expect them to go on BFE avenue, do you? I know you were joking, as am I. But they locate in highly populated areas and not in rural, uncrowded areas.

Quote Originally Posted by rkjg24 View Post
    I checked with the broker and he said no deal has been struck.

Lots of developers and brokers have been trying to get them to commit to a site in West OKC/Yukon/Mustang for at least a few years.

More about the rumored Costco in the Yukon/Mustang area...

I'm pretty certain no deal has been reached for a new location in that area.

Costco is not 100% committed to opening in that area after a somewhat disappointing opening in Moore.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

Costco is not 100% committed to opening in that area after a somewhat disappointing opening in Moore.
    Are there other areas on the OKC metro that Costco is looking at?

Quote Originally Posted by jdross1982 View Post
    Are there other areas on the OKC metro that Costco is looking at?
    I don't believe so.

I think the OKC area will either stick with the two locations or open the 3rd out west and be done.

I have to wonder if the expectation that people would drive up from Norman didn't pan out.

I would also think that Moore and the southside are more loyal to Walmart and Sams Club than North OKC and Edmond.

HangryHippo Guest

I think Norman would’ve done better. 19th area is a hellscape and Moore is soulless.

Quote Originally Posted by HangryHippo View Post
    I think Norman would’ve done better. 19th area is a hellscape and Moore is soulless.
    It's a weird location for Costco.

They almost always are on a highway. That interior location means almost everyone has to drive right past Sam's Club and Walmart.

For their first store here, they were incredible sticklers about wanting to be right off the turnpike and Western. Not sure why they picked that Moore location but not surprised it's not doing nearly as well as their northside store.

It's a weird location for Costco.

They almost always are on a highway. That interior location means almost everyone has to drive right past Sam's Club and Walmart.

For their first store here, they were incredible sticklers about wanting to be right off the turnpike and Western. Not sure why they picked that Moore location but not surprised it's not doing nearly as well as their northside store.
    I've noticed this as well. I avoid the northside location on weekends. If I need to go to Costco on a weekend, I go to the Moore location. Nowhere near as busy. It's even more dead on weeknights. All that said, neither location comes close to what Costcos are like in California. Check out lines all the way back to the freezers. People lining up to go in. Sam's and Wal-Mart are ingrained in our culture here.

^

Yes, even at its busiest, I've never seen the Costco here approaching what I endured in California on a typical day. And this was at the Thousand Oaks Costsco, in a city of just over 100K with scores of Costcos in every direction. I would have to stock up on dog food and other things so I didn't have to even go in between Thanksgiving and Christmas. On many of those days, you couldn't find a parking space in their massive lot.

Same was true of Trader Joe's, and there were even more of those.

But I'm not complaining; I love being able to waltz into Costco or TJ's here any day, any time. Everything in OKC is so darn easy.

Quote Originally Posted by HangryHippo View Post
    This is why I have never bothered to even try to check it out. Norman resident, so only 5 miles away. Having to go up 36th/Telephone Rd or brave 19th street are a non-starter.

But the first time I tried at another location, they wouldn't let me in without a membership, even to just look around. So I haven't even tried at the Moore location. With that and driving by Sam's on my way home every day, why make the effort?

Now Trader Joe's, I drive there once at least every other week

Surprised to hear that about the Moore location, anytime we've gone it's been insanely busy, as much as the north location.

The locations here in OKC are not near as busy as locations in the Dallas area we've been to with my parents. Gas lines winding all through parking lots, tons of people inside, and parking lot rage taking place in the parking lot! It's crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by mattjank View Post
    This is why I have never bothered to even try to check it out. Norman resident, so only 5 miles away. Having to go up 36th/Telephone Rd or brave 19th street are a non-starter.

But the first time I tried at another location, they wouldn't let me in without a membership, even to just look around. So I haven't even tried at the Moore location. With that and driving by Sam's on my way home every day, why make the effort?

Just go through the exit, when the person asks to see your card say you are actually going to the membership desk to sign up, get a replacement card, get a temporary day slip, etc. . Keep walking past the membership desk to the food area, that area is busy enough to slip through a busy cashier area and into the store. It's not like you can buy anything anyway, and they check every receipt leaving the door. So I don't know why they make a big deal out of it. Worst you could do is take a few samples but even then those are fewer and far between now.

24. Default Re: Costco

Quote Originally Posted by mattjank View Post

They used to fully refund your $60 membership fee if you canceled in the initial year. Not sure if that has changed with the historically high inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by April in the Plaza View Post
    They used to fully refund your $60 membership fee if you canceled in the initial year. Not sure if that has changed with the historically high inflation.
    What would inflation have to do with this?

Thread Information