Widgets Magazine
Page 66 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1661626364656667686970 LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 1747

Thread: Stadium District (formerly Producers Coop)

Default Re: Producers Coop

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Funding in place "this is going to happen" sounds good, hopefully that ends up being true. I love the idea of extending the canal over from the east.
    Christian is an O&G guy and the person behind Wheeler Bios and so funding is how he has built those two. This is one of the few people when they say "funding is in place" I believe them. Also, something that flew under the radar is Echo is partnering with Sandino Thompson to impact minor based businesses. So, there is a lot going on in their world.

2. Default Re: Producers Coop

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Christian is an O&G guy and the person behind Wheeler Bios and so funding is how he has built those two. This is one of the few people when they say "funding is in place" I believe them. Also, something that flew under the radar is Echo is partnering with Sandino Thompson to impact minor based businesses. So, there is a lot going on in their world.
    He also just sold a portion of Echo's mineral position for $500.00mm.

Keep in mind that Kanady is mostly dealing in investor money, not his own.

Blog Entries

Multiple Locations Re: Producers Coop

With the MAPS 4 Stadium possibly built on this site, that could trigger more development on the mill site.

Excited to see OKC's construction of the new downtown arena, stadium and the LA28 Olympic events that could
    be apart of our city's participation (Softball, canoeing) hosting two of the games. Will be historic for Oklahoma.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Keep in mind that Kanady is mostly dealing in investor money, not his own.
    having Beffort on board gives me much more hope for this ..

he has access to a lot of investor money

I am very sure there will be a huge ask for public assistance; expect several hundred million $.
    Has there been a major project in recent history that requested public/city assistance and not received it?

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/news...t/74586676007/

To summarize:

- Mark Beffort and Christian Canady to develop Coop property for over $1 billion
    - To be built around the MAPS 4 multi-purpose stadium
    - Trying to acquire Mazaheri's parking lot along OKC Boulevard
    - Also trying to acquire the Silos climbing gym and office complex to the east
    - Recently bought the Mose Tal land
    - Wants to tie into the Bricktown canal
    - Mid-rise development with entertainment, housing, retail, and hospitality (usually means hotels)
    - Minimal parking with some structures tied into the rest of the development
    - Funding in place "this is going to happen"

Maybe they can go back to some of the OG canal plans.
    canal022019.jpg (1472×1024) (okctalk.com)

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Has there been a major project in recent history that requested public/city assistance and not received it?
    OGE for the towers west of the MBG

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    The only one that comes to mind is Strawberry Fields but only because they are in such disarray the City eventually pulled out.

But if they ever get it together, they would get hundreds of millions as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    OGE for the towers west of the MBG
    They were asking for a completely unreasonable amount; if they had actually followed through they would have received plenty.

Default Re: Stadium District (formerly Producers Coop)

This has to do with this development, but not directly:

I looked on County Assessor and the Lumberyard site sold earlier this year to Provencia Investements. PI is owned by Fred Mazaheri. But on the Mortgage in the Registrar of Deeds, there are five other guarantors on it: Ramji Krupa (Shirish Patel, Champ Patel related), ASCP Downtown (Chintan Parikh), Sunny Hotels (Champ Patel), Smart Bricktown (Harold Smart), TNS Holdings (Satish Arora). The loan on the mortgage is $6,070,386.66 which is more than just a parking lot. PI is 40% owner, Champ is 20% owner and the rest are 10% owners.

free link to the oklahoman story

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/real...4d64e3cf&ei=14

also should be pointed out that this is a factual error ...
    Funk and McLaughlin started the Energy FC in 2013. The team is part of the USL Championship, second division of the United Soccer League.
    USL championship is the top division of the USL

The only one that comes to mind is Strawberry Fields but only because they are in such disarray the City eventually pulled out.

But if they ever get it together, they would get hundreds of millions as well.
    Did Industry ever go to the city for TIF before that thing blew up?

It will be interesting to see how they position the stadium and the surrounding hotels, apartments, retail and entertainment. I would love to see the home side facing North at the downtown skyline, mid rise on the boulevard and mid to high rise next to the highway. Any sort of retail would probably be worked into the apartments and hotel and the new prairie surf (assuming it goes there) would be either to the west along the train wall or east and work into the canal extension.

^

I would think they would keep the buildings as they have recently been renovated.

There is a lot of excess land surrounding the structures.
    yeah it’s a pretty unique climbing gym that adds an activity draw to the area that fits with the stuff offered in the boat house district nearby so it would be kinda dumb to do away with it. The land around it would make much more sense

It will be interesting to see how they position the stadium and the surrounding hotels, apartments, retail and entertainment. I would love to see the home side facing North at the downtown skyline, mid rise on the boulevard and mid to high rise next to the highway. Any sort of retail would probably be worked into the apartments and hotel and the new prairie surf (assuming it goes there) would be either to the west along the train wall or east and work into the canal extension.
    If they’re smart, they’ll place the stadium on a N/S orientation with a mid-rise building directly to the west.

This building on the left (called the Elevator Annex) is really great. I've been in there before and the office space is fantastic.

So I'll be thrilled, like everybody, to hopefully watch this area develop.

It's been written many times, but OKC is very lucky to have so much virgin land available in the inner core. In looking at the above Google Earth image, one primary thing that I see is this area's glaring separation from the rest of downtown. (as opposed, for example, to Midtown and Film Row that flow naturally and seamlessly from the CBD). With the too-wide boulevard flanking the north (and the movie theater and parking lots on the other side) and that railroad track running along the west side, this does run the risk of developing in isolation from, rather than connected to, the wider downtown area. I hope they can build multiple egresses and are not afraid to "slow down" traffic on the boulevard with multiple stoplights/crosswalks etc.

I'll be very curious to see the first detailed site plans.

Quote Originally Posted by stlokc View Post
    So I'll be thrilled, like everybody, to hopefully watch this area develop.

It's been written many times, but OKC is very lucky to have so much virgin land available in the inner core. In looking at the above Google Earth image, one primary thing that I see is this area's glaring separation from the rest of downtown. (as opposed, for example, to Midtown and Film Row that flow naturally and seamlessly from the CBD). With the too-wide boulevard flanking the north (and the movie theater and parking lots on the other side) and that railroad track running along the west side, this does run the risk of developing in isolation from, rather than connected to, the wider downtown area. I hope they can build multiple egresses and are not afraid to "slow down" traffic on the boulevard with multiple stoplights/crosswalks etc.

I'll be very curious to see the first detailed site plans.
    Good point and they are taking that into account. See the quote below from Beffort from the article:

Beffort said he wants to develop an area that ties into the Bricktown Canal, which connects the property to Riversport OKC along the river, Bricktown, downtown, the new convention center and Scissortail Park.

“We don’t need another one-off district that plays by itself,” Beffort said. “It needs to connect with the core, the new arena and downtown. We need to look at whether we need to pull in the canal or do we bring the streetcar into our site. We want to be adjacent to all these elements, and we need to see what it would take to connect.”

WarrenG, thanks for pointing that out. I do now recall that quote that I didn't really internalize before writing my post.

I think canal and streetcar connections will be a "must do" and probably not "that" difficult with the "blank slate" nature of the land. It's a little bit unfortunate that the convention center will block a seamless flow between Scissortail and this area but it is what it is. A challenge but a good one.

I personally would like to see a strip of shopping and restaurants on the ground level of a series of 5-10 story buildings right up against the boulevard on the north side of this property. Try to bring pedestrian connection to/from lower Bricktown and whatever comes of the Boardwalk development.

At the southeast corner of upper Scissortail park there is an existing walkway beneath the BNSF viaduct so that will help with the connection somewhat.

Good point and they are taking that into account. See the quote below from Beffort from the article:

Beffort said he wants to develop an area that ties into the Bricktown Canal, which connects the property to Riversport OKC along the river, Bricktown, downtown, the new convention center and Scissortail Park.

“We don’t need another one-off district that plays by itself,” Beffort said. “It needs to connect with the core, the new arena and downtown. We need to look at whether we need to pull in the canal or do we bring the streetcar into our site. We want to be adjacent to all these elements, and we need to see what it would take to connect.”
    It's really good that they are thinking this way, but they do have some work to do to integrate it into surrounding developments. The Boulevard and the way lower bricktown was developed really made an island out of this space. The boulevard basically transitions from almost freeway to city street right in front of it. I don't know how they change that, so I guess they'd have to find a creative way to bypass it.

But, if doing so effectively turns the canal into a transportation method, that is, a way to navigate between bricktown, lower bricktown, and on to the river and Okana, maybe that could eventually lead to the canal being the actual focal point of development it was intended to be. That would be a great outcome, imo.

^

A big part of the problem is that Lower Bricktown was developed with its back to I-40 (for understandable reasons) and now it's a boulevard, it's still the same.

If the Boardwalk happens that will help a bit but there have always been major ingress/egress issues with this property.

And remember, the only portion of this area that doesn't front some elevated freeway stretch is Mazaheri's property, and he's going to make this group pay some completely outrageous sum.

That's on top of the hard borders of I-40 and the RR tracks + the craziness of EKG.

Another district to add to OKC’s list. What’s the total now? 56?

Most large cities have many identifiable districts.

Thread Information