Widgets Magazine
Page 66 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1661626364656667686970 LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 1745

Thread: OAK (formerly Penn Central)

Default Re: OAK (formerly Penn Central)

just a couple of questions if anyone doesn't mind answering - wasn't there a movie theatre planned for the south side? is that still in the plans or did things change a bit? finishing phase 1, any word on phase 2? perhaps im getting ahead of myself. awesome development

Quote Originally Posted by taha View Post
    just a couple of questions if anyone doesn't mind answering - wasn't there a movie theatre planned for the south side? is that still in the plans or did things change a bit? finishing phase 1, any word on phase 2? perhaps im getting ahead of myself. awesome development
    Yes, way back when and before the pandemic, there were renderings of a movie theater at the far west end of phase 2.

But they never had a deal, it was just aspirational. They are no longer hoping for a theater an pretty much all of the 2nd phase will be restaurants and bars. I know they are trying to nail down several new-to-market places.

noice ! wonder if there are any conceptual plans to phase 2 like the ones on #450

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Yes, way back when and before the pandemic, there were renderings of a movie theater at the far west end of phase 2.

But they never had a deal, it was just aspirational. They are no longer hoping for a theater an pretty much all of the 2nd phase will be restaurants and bars. I know they are trying to nail down several new-to-market places.
    Will phase 2 require the acquisition of additional residential lots to the west?

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    Will phase 2 require the acquisition of additional residential lots to the west?
    No, it will be on the site of the old Registry Building (or what's left of it).

Gotcha - thanks, Pete.

7. Default Re: OAK (formerly Penn Central)

oh, that's a bummer on the theatre. Just imagine if a dinner-style theatre experience was available at OAK. OMG.

As for the retail expansion, I'd imagine AF and all of the other 'mainstream upscale' retailers will be giving OKC a better look once OAK is complete and if OAK, CC, NHP, and Chisholm perform well. There's downtown too, to consider; particularly if Boardwalk comes to reality (as they will be bringing in some retail). Also, if online continues to perform, they'd be foolish not to return to OKC in some fashion. (heh, get it - fashion ).
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

The theater was very early in the conceptual plans and was quickly nixed.

It hasn't show on any plans or renderings for several years.

I'm not sure how much interest there would be from theatre chains for it. Penn Square's right there. Flix isn't too far away. Quail's just a hop up the road. That Icon Theatre's close. Don't know much appetite there is in OKC for another movie theatre.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkasa View Post
    I'm not sure how much interest there would be from theatre chains for it. Penn Square's right there. Flix isn't too far away. Quail's just a hop up the road. That Icon Theatre's close. Don't know much appetite there is in OKC for another movie theatre.
    It's an industry in sharp decline.

We were lucky we got FlIX before the pandemic.

I know it’s not what it used to be, but going to the movies is still one of the more popular social things to do. As much as COVID shifted the dynamics of society even more towards staying home and emboldened an explosion of at-home entertainment, I think there’s been a renewed interest to some degree for things that require leaving the house.

Have you looked at Abercrombie & Fitch lately? It has absolutely had a comeback.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Doubt it. Abercrombie just isn't doing well. That being said, they did re-open Hollister at Penn Square, which is owned by Abercrombie.
    Abercrombie is very popular now days. They completely changed their style and what they have to offer.

Funny they started out with a Brooks Brothers style Merchandise.

Blue Mercury is taking space at OAK:

In addition to skincare, makeup, haircare, and fragrance products, clients can be pampered by our skincare experts in our locations' spas. Our spas are home to the ultimate results-oriented treatments, including our world renowned oxygen facials, glycolic peels, waxing and microdermabrasion.
    https://stores.bluemercury.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Watermelonsugar View Post
    Abercrombie is very popular now days. They completely changed their style and what they have to offer.
    Are ya sure?

All my kids are high school and college age and I've never heard them or any of their friends mention Abercrombie & Fitch. I'm not even sure they know what it is. I also work with youth and I haven't heard any of them mention it. And some of them are definite trend chasers. Seems like we would've heard if A&F were popular again.

17. Default Re: OAK (formerly Penn Central)

Quote Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    Are ya sure?

All my kids are high school and college age and I've never heard them or any of their friends mention Abercrombie & Fitch. I'm not even sure they know what it is. I also work with youth and I haven't heard any of them mention it. And some of them are definite trend chasers. Seems like we would've heard if A&F were popular again.
    https://www.fastcompany.com/91010945...gen-z-favorite

Ya they had 4 billion in revenue last year. They seem to have turned it around.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Blue Mercury is taking space at OAK:

https://stores.bluemercury.com/

I like this a lot! As someone who dabbles in high-end, niche cologne, Blue Mercury has some pretty nice brands.

Blog Entries

Are ya sure?

I don't think a lot of the OKC kids are very fashion brand forward. Also because A&F aren't targeting teens any more. But their tremendous growth shows their renewed popularity.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I don't think a lot of the OKC kids are very fashion brand forward. Also because A&F aren't targeting teens any more. But their tremendous growth shows their renewed popularity.
    If you're on tik tok or Instagram at all, brands are all teens are about.

Blog Entries

If you're on tik tok or Instagram at all, brands are all teens are about.
    But it doesn’t mean this is a relevant trendy city. Historically, Okc is generally not fashion or brand forward. Doesn’t mean they can’t find them on the internet. Just means they are slow adopters. Generally we lag, not lead.

22. Default Re: OAK (formerly Penn Central)

But it doesn’t mean this is a relevant trendy city. Historically, Okc is generally not fashion or brand forward. Doesn’t mean they can’t find them on the internet. Just means they are slow adopters. Generally we lag, not lead.
    I agree with this, but I think the lag is not as long anymore. We lagged far behind in the culinary world, and now we have a great future in leading that industry. I can see OKC becoming a new location for up-and-coming brands testing their market value in OKC before heading to larger markets.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OkieBerto View Post
    I agree with this, but I think the lag is not as long anymore. We lagged far behind in the culinary world, and now we have a great future in leading that industry. I can see OKC becoming a new location for up-and-coming brands testing their market value in OKC before heading to larger markets.
    When OKC begins to organically lead in design and fashion, then maybe our opinions will be more valuable. We are used as a test market for things like fast food and cheap consumables, but rarely for trendy or sophisticated fashion or design. We need to get to relevant before we think of ourselves as forward.

When OKC begins to organically lead in design and fashion, then maybe our opinions will be more valuable. We are used as a test market for things like fast food and cheap consumables, but rarely for trendy or sophisticated fashion or design. We need to get to relevant before we think of ourselves as forward.
    I mean, the cities that are fashion-forward or used as test markets for edgy fashion are big, huge cities. LA, NYC, SF, ATL, Dallas, etc. Not cities like OKC or Nashville or even Austin.

They get those brands maybe a round ahead of OKC, because they are bigger markets. But not because they are some fashion-forward, edgy, super urban markets. They may be more relevant, but aren't really trendsetting, fashion-wise.

25. Default Re: OAK (formerly Penn Central)

Thread Information