Widgets Magazine
Page 65 of 86 FirstFirst ... 156061626364656667686970 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 2146

Thread: University of Oklahoma Sports

Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

My guess is what's going to give is that the SEC is going to go to 9 conference games starting in 2025 or 2026.

Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post
    SEC 2024 opponents have been released. Dates to follow. Something is going to have to give with the Texas game because 3 SEC home games every other year isn't going to cut it. This probably means the Florida/GA game will leave Jax because they don't want only 3 home games either. The neutral site games will put OU and UT at a huge disadvantage.

Attachment 18074
    not really it also means only 3 road games every other year

and by the way that is what UF and UGA have been doing forever ... that didn't change at all

it is also what OU and texas did from 96 until 2010

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    not really it also means only 3 road games every other year

and by the way that is what UF and UGA have been doing forever ... that didn't change at all

it is also what OU and texas did from 96 until 2010
    That was when they were playing division opponents every year. Now they have to play the entire SEC once every two years. It is a whole new game. The neutral site games are going to be a significant disadvantage going forward.

That was when they were playing division opponents every year. Now they have to play the entire SEC once every two years. It is a whole new game. The neutral site games are going to be a significant disadvantage going forward.
    lol not really again only 3 home games one year but then the massive advantage of only 3 conf road games the next year ..

and this has been the same for a long long time ..

I don't count playing in Dallas as a home game, regardless of what color the jerseys are, but that is just me.

Anyhow, getting Alabama and Tennessee at home the first year is huge. The SEC is going to have 3 or 4 great match-ups every Saturday.

I think just about every game - less maybe Vandy - will be a tough game.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    There was also Hope Trautwein who was definitely our best pitcher a year ago and she transferred in from North Texas of all places.
    Hey now. No need for UNT to take strays!

I realize that most Oklahomans probably don't realize that UNT is a tier 1 research university with 45,000 students. But, yeah, not the most successful sports programs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaingoat View Post
    I think just about every game - less maybe Vandy - will be a tough game.
    I wish the Big 10(16) would have gone for quality programs instead of TV sets.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Hey now. No need for UNT to take strays!

I realize that most Oklahomans probably don't realize that UNT is a tier 1 research university with 45,000 students. But, yeah, not the most successful sports programs.
    And a ridiculously outstanding music program. Elite on a national basis.

10. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

I don't count playing in Dallas as a home game, regardless of what color the jerseys are, but that is just me.

Anyhow, getting Alabama and Tennessee at home the first year is huge. The SEC is going to have 3 or 4 great match-ups every Saturday.
    Yea, there’s definitely going to be at least one or two Nebraskas that arise from all of this conference to conference movement. Definitely hoping OU is not one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by April in the Plaza View Post
    Yea, there’s definitely going to be at least one or two Nebraskas that arise from all of this conference to conference movement. Definitely hoping OU is not one of them.
    I'm not worried about OU, but Texas might never have another winning season.

Not sure if this is the proper place to but this, but here you go:

https://www.on3.com/teams/oklahoma-s...in-turnipseed/

Blog Entries

NCAA Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Box score: https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...meId/401525822

Gaylord Family Oklahoma Memorial Stadium - Attendance: 83,221

14. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

It’s difficult to know TOO much about Oklahoma based on this opponent, but one takeaway was that they had few self-inflicted wounds; other than a few sloppy penalties they didn’t make many mistakes. Another good sign was the solid, consistent defense and preservation of the shutout. Just about any team including this one would have scored at least during garbage time last year, but not today. They definitely seem to have taken a pronounced step forward. Only downsides being injuries to Stoops (big loss) and Beville (less critical, at least for now), plus anyone else I may have missed. Hoping those are only temporary setbacks for those guys.

15. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    It’s difficult to know TOO much about Oklahoma based on this opponent, but one takeaway was that they had few self-inflicted wounds; other than a few sloppy penalties they didn’t make many mistakes. Another good sign was the solid, consistent defense and preservation of the shutout. Just about any team including this one would have scored at least during garbage time last year, but not today. They definitely seem to have taken a pronounced step forward. Only downsides being injuries to Stoops (big loss) and Beville (less critical, at least for now), plus anyone else I may have missed. Hoping those are only temporary setbacks for those guys.
    Last season the defense were often out of position, going the wrong direction or just standing there completely lost looking. I didn't see any of that today. And passes that Gabriel regularly overthrew last year he nailed today. Not saying they're going to be amazing but they look a lot more solid than last year.

16. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

^^^^^^
    100%. Super encouraging outing today. Don’t want to get too swept up just yet, but do I think they might make some noise this year.

17. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

^^^^^^
    100%. Super encouraging outing today. Don’t want to get too swept up just yet, but do I think they might make some noise this year.
    I was very impressed with how comfortable and poised Jackson Arnold looked. I felt very bad for Beville getting hurt after 2 plays. I hope his injury isnt as bad as it looked.

18. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

^^^^^^^^
    Agreed on all counts. It might take a while for us to see if Arnold was truly as good as advertised, but he did nothing on Saturday to make someone think otherwise.

^^^^^^^^
    Agreed on all counts. It might take a while for us to see if Arnold was truly as good as advertised, but he did nothing on Saturday to make someone think otherwise.
    He said when he moved to Texas from Georgia, he played running back but switched to QB. That's why he's such a good runner.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

22. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Still not 100% sure how I feel about this OU team, other than the D seems to be for real.

HangryHippo Guest

Still not 100% sure how I feel about this OU team, other than the D seems to be for real.
    Gabriel ain’t it when the competition steps up. And our OL needs work. The WRs have been a pleasant surprise and Emmett Jones appears to have been an excellent hire.

We need some hogs on the DL, but based on recruiting, they may be coming?

Other than Texas, OU should be favored in their remaining games. Hoping for a good showing against ISU at home on Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by HangryHippo View Post
    Gabriel ain’t it when the competition steps up. And our OL needs work. The WRs have been a pleasant surprise and Emmett Jones appears to have been an excellent hire.

We need some hogs on the DL, but based on recruiting, they may be coming?
    He’s good enough to get it done. Didn’t have a great day yesterday but didn’t really have a bad one either other than the fumble, missing a few guys deep, and whatever that panic lateral was. In the end he did what needed to be done to close it out in the second half. Just have to take the good with the bad until Arnold is ready to take over next year.

OL has to be better. Lots of young guys in the rotation so you’d think they’ll start to gel throughout the season and finish on a high note like last year.

Defense bends at times but doesn’t break often and is massively improved. DL is starting to assert itself on passing downs as well which was a welcomed improvement yesterday.

I think we’re good enough to win every game on the schedule this year with Texas being the hardest test but will probably drop one or two per usual. Could see splitting games with Texas and winning either the RRS or the Big 12 Championship assuming both teams make it.

Thread Information