Widgets Magazine
Page 64 of 86 FirstFirst ... 145960616263646566676869 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 2146

Thread: University of Oklahoma Sports

1. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    I think the straw that broke the camels back was the formation of the Longhorn Network. A&M regarded that as an unfair advantage to TX.
    Similarly, I have a handful of OSU alum good friends that are over the moon that OU is leaving the Big 12. They're sick of being the little sister.

Blog Entries

Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

The streak Patty Gasso and the OU Sooners are on could pay big dividends for Oklahoma City's softball future.

Just Imagine the Big 12 and the SEC tournaments being held back-to-back years at USA Hall of Fame Stadium along with the WCWS tournament to put the frosting on the cake with a Maraschino cherry on top.

605 room Omni Hotel & Resort
    Our city's hotels and the Okana Resort & Indoor Waterpark will have a field day.

404 room Okana Resort & Waterpark

225 room Hilton Skirvin

It would be a fantastic showcase for the state to have a Bedlam final at the WCWS this year (granted, probably not as fantastic for the hotels in OKC). Hopefully both schools are able to continue their current form.

The SEC softball tournament rotates to different schools every year. This year Arkansas is hosting. I would assume there is absolutely zero chance the SEC tournament ever gets played at HOF stadium. The SEC schools already complain that it's unfair to play the WCWS in OKC every year because they say it gives OU an advantage. It is a silly complaint but the current SEC schools are simply not going to put the SEC tourney in OKC. OU will host once every 15 years or so. I guess OU could move it to HOF for that. however, I would imagine OU would want to host in their awesome new stadium and not move it to HOF.

Blog Entries

OU Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Quote Originally Posted by GoGators View Post
    The SEC softball tournament rotates to different schools every year. This year Arkansas is hosting. I would assume there is absolutely zero chance the SEC tournament ever gets played at HOF stadium. The SEC schools already complain that it's unfair to play the WCWS in OKC every year because they say it gives OU an advantage. It is a silly complaint but the current SEC schools are simply not going to put the SEC tourney in OKC. OU will host once every 15 years or so. I guess OU could move it to HOF for that. however, I would imagine OU would want to host in their awesome new stadium and not move it to HOF.
    Like you mentioned--the advantage goes to OU who will have an advantage regardless since they have some of their home games moved to Hall of Fame Stadium. The Texas game drew 9k in OKC. GoGaters, thanks for the info on the SEC tournament sites--booked thru 2029.

Softball is not one of those sports that brings in a lot of revenue for the Sooners. Glad to hear that OU will build a new softball stadium (Love's Field) that will hold 1,000 more seats than originally planned.

OU softball will continue to dominate the Big 12 and possibly the SEC when the move is made.

RIP Tom Love, the Love's family gift will get the new softball park completed.

^^The OU Texas game drew 9k at hall of fame? That’s a great crowd. Not sure if the 13,000 total capacity at HOF includes the portable outfield bleachers that I’m assuming weren’t out for that game. If it does, that 9,000 would be pretty close to full capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by GoGators View Post
    ^^The OU Texas game drew 9k at hall of fame? That’s a great crowd. Not sure if the 13,000 total capacity at HOF includes the portable outfield bleachers that I’m assuming weren’t out for that game. If it does, that 9,000 would be pretty close to full capacity.
    yep the 13k includes the outfield bleachers and those were not installed for this game .. so it was very close to sold out and the largest regular season crowd in college softball history

Back to back championships for Women's Gymastics!

Quote Originally Posted by Boop View Post
    Back to back championships for Women's Gymastics!
    And 6 of the last 9.

Two great dynasties now at OU: softball and women's gymnastics.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    And 6 of the last 9.

Two great dynasties now at OU: softball and women's gymnastics.
    OU men’s gymnastics has finished in the top 2 11 years in a row with 4 titles.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    OU men’s gymnastics has finished in the top 2 11 years in a row with 4 titles.
    Hopefully Men's gymnastics will win the national championship tonight

Men's gymnastics did not do well finishing 4th place but a great season though!

Men's gymnastics did not do well finishing 4th place but a great season though!
    lol i guess i jinxed them ..

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    lol i guess i jinxed them ..
    Eh, Stanford was just too good so it is not a surprise Sooners lost

Eh, Stanford was just too good so it is not a surprise Sooners lost
    lose to stanford yes ... but OU was the 2 seed .. Michigan and Illinois both had their by far highest scores of the year to put OU into 4th ..

first time OU was out of the top 3 in over 20 years ..

Blog Entries

Attendance 54,409

Blog Entries

Congratulations to Stoops for winning the XFL championship! Boomer Sooner!

Blog Entries

NCAA Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

June 3, 2023

NCAA College Baseball Championship - Charlottesville Regional: Oklahoma 10 - Army 1

The Oklahoman reporting Jordy Bahl, OU Softball pitcher, will transfer to be closer to home in Nebraska. School has not bee decided yet.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    The Oklahoman reporting Jordy Bahl, OU Softball pitcher, will transfer to be closer to home in Nebraska. School has not bee decided yet.
    This has been rumored for a while. Really sucks but...

Alex Storako came from a similar program as Nebraska (Michigan) and all her numbers vastly improved when she came to OU. Her ERA was about half, she never lost a game, and started the national title game. Michigan didn't even get out of the regional when Storako was still there.

OU's crazy great defense and hitting make every pitcher a lot better.

There was also Hope Trautwein who was definitely our best pitcher a year ago and she transferred in from North Texas of all places.

OU has won 6 of the last 10 national championships, and only one of those was with Jordy Bahl, as she was injured last season.

Next season, the Sooners will probably go back to having really great hitting and really good pitching, which was the formula for the two titles before this and really for all the seasons before 2023.

I love Jordy more than anyone and I'd be worried if she went to UCLA or another team that is already very good, but Patty Gasso had to know this was coming and a huge part of OU's success has been built on the transfer portal; not just those that came in, but several players leaving and freeing up scholarships.

There is a middle-infielder from Indiana, Taryn Kern, who had just about the best offensive numbers in the country, and she's only a freshman. She entered the portal just a few days ago. Odds are pretty good she is coming to OU.

Dang, chasing her boyfriend. Hate to see her go but wish her the best. She coulda been a 4x national champ here before it was all said and done. The quest for #4 next season just got more difficult but we'll see who they get in the portal like Pete said.

I wish her well. Also, OU will be fine. Patty will just reload, as she always does.

When you reach the absolute pinnacle of the sport -- both personally and as a team -- makes it much easier to shift priorities.

The door of the transfer portal will always swing both ways and because of the Godzilla OU has become, the overall impact is always going to be way in the favor of the Sooners.

Reminder, again: We won the title last year with the ace of our staff coming from North Texas.

SEC 2024 opponents have been released. Dates to follow. Something is going to have to give with the Texas game because 3 SEC home games every other year isn't going to cut it. This probably means the Florida/GA game will leave Jax because they don't want only 3 home games either. The neutral site games will put OU and UT at a huge disadvantage.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1686838440552.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	18074

Thread Information