Widgets Magazine
Page 63 of 86 FirstFirst ... 135859606162636465666768 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 2146

Thread: University of Oklahoma Sports

Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post
    SEC said they wouldn't start planning the schedule until late in the Spring so nothing is 1000%. One of the challenges to saying Team A is for sure going to play X, Y, Z is when you get down to end of the list and realize that one of the 'lock games' produces undesirable results. When I get time I'll post my full list and see how much it compares to reality come June.
    bama tennessee is 1000% they are one of the reasons for the current limited rotating schedule (the other being UGA Auburn)

Ark Texas is almost for sure a lock as well

2. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

The 3-6 system is going to require the SEC and ESPN to modify their agreement. Right now it's for 8 conference games a season. Shouldn't be a problem because I'm sure ESPN will want to keep the SEC happy. But one never knows.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    Ark Texas is almost for sure a lock as well
    i'd have guessed texas vs. texas a&m would've been more of a lock.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    The 3-6 system is going to require the SEC and ESPN to modify their agreement. Right now it's for 8 conference games a season. Shouldn't be a problem because I'm sure ESPN will want to keep the SEC happy. But one never knows.
    there was talk that the SEC and ESPN were going to modify the agreement when OU and Texas came in to the conference anyways, due to the large media market of Texas completely coming into the fold.

5. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    there was talk that the SEC and ESPN were going to modify the agreement when OU and Texas came in to the conference anyways, due to the large media market of Texas completely coming into the fold.
    That seems logical. Funny thing is that it was ESPN radio that was talking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    A Vols and SEC fan told me that A&M doesn't want to play Texas every year. That was one of the reasons they left the B12.

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    literally everything i keep seeing says that OU would be playing Texas, Mizzou, and Florida every year in a 3-6. where is Arkansas coming from?
    I can't make OU-Florida as an annual opponent make sense. They have next to zero history and about 10 schools are closer geographically. The only connection I can think of is Bob Stoops was the Florida Defensive Coordinator before he came to OU.

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    I can't make OU-Florida as an annual opponent make sense. They have next to zero history and about 10 schools are closer geographically. The only connection I can think of is Bob Stoops was the Florida Defensive Coordinator before he came to OU.
    I mean, OU and Florida did play for a national title. That's not a bad start for a new rival... I would prefer a closer team like Arkansas, but wouldn't hate if OU got a random new rival.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    it is more than Texas ark ..

but the point is the 3 texas opponents are basically decided .. OU tamu and ark ..

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    big time Tv matchup is why ... so money

The Sec 9 game schedule will add so much $ to the SeC. I think that Tex/AM might be the highest rated game of the year, above Bama/Aub, Fla/geo and OU/Tex.

I personally think OU will get Texas, ark and mizzou, but I’m getting on the Tennessee train instead of Mizzou.

12. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    A Vols and SEC fan told me that A&M doesn't want to play Texas every year. That was one of the reasons they left the B12.
    I think A&M was also the only no vote on Tex joining the $EC.

But those taters are sol on the schedule.

Blog Entries

Berry Tramel talked about the OU-Fla concept yesterday and he thinks it has potential. I forget the name he used, but the 8 “bigger” schools would have 2 of their 3 opponents be from the bigger group and the “smaller” schools would have 2 of their 3 be smaller. For OU that means Tex and someone else like Florida (big) plus maybe Missouri (small). (This may have already been discussed).

I assume “big” schools are OU, Tx, Bama, Ga., Fla, LSU, Tenn, A&M.

Quote Originally Posted by okatty View Post
    Berry Tramel talked about the OU-Fla concept yesterday and he thinks it has potential. I forget the name he used, but the 8 “bigger” schools would have 2 of their 3 opponents be from the bigger group and the “smaller” schools would have 2 of their 3 be smaller. For OU that means Tex and someone else like Florida (big) plus maybe Missouri (small). (This may have already been discussed).

I assume “big” schools are OU, Tx, Bama, Ga., Fla, LSU, Tenn, A&M.
    that info is from a ross dellinger sp? article

the big 8 are OU tx bama auburn UF lsu tamu and georgia tenn is the outlier of the bottom 8

Blog Entries

Ah, Auburn. Kinda forgot about them. He mentioned an OU-Tenn possibility (rather than Fla) but said Tenn-LSU is a pretty strong match up that might prevent that.

Quote Originally Posted by okatty View Post
    Ah, Auburn. Kinda forgot about them. He mentioned an OU-Tenn possibility (rather than Fla) but said Tenn-LSU is a pretty strong match up that might prevent that.
    it will be very interesting to see how it comes together ..

As of November 2022 the SEC comish is not in favor of pods or two divisions. My money is on Stanky making the final call on this.

SEC Commissioner Greg Sankey proposes eliminating pods, going to one single division - Sports Illustrated Auburn Tigers News, Analysis and More
    https://www.si.com/college/auburn/fo...ingle-division

I am really liking the 3-6 format.

Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post
    I am really liking the 3-6 format.
    it is significantly better then the "pods" that were rolling around as a possibility

Blog Entries

NCAA Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

SEC football schedule: Projecting permanent rivals for each team when Texas, Oklahoma join in 2024 season:

Story link: https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...n-2024-season/

Not sure how up to date this is because the discussion on this mornings (March 3rd) Sports Animal mentioned Oklahoma's rivals to be Texas, Missouri and Florida instead of Texas, Missouri and Texas A&M.

21. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

There's supposedly an SEC very much insider that says OU will be locked in with Texas, Missouri and Florida. It's all based on the top 8 playing so many games against the bottom 8. And keeping traditional rivalries in the mix.

#1 OU Girls Gymnastics edges #2 Florida last night

https://www.oudaily.com/sports/no-1-...49d13c39d.html

It was an incredible night for OU in the national spotlight. While watching on ESPN, I kept thinking how girls gymnastics filled the Lloyd Noble completely meanwhile the basketball team fills only a fraction. Now to be fair, people like to watch good teams and men's hoops haven't been recently.

I absolutely LOVE OU football, and OU sports in general. Football gets the highlights for obvious reasons, but OU looks prime to compete in the SEC in all sports.

Sooners women basketball are Big 12 champions for the first time since 2009 which is long overdue

Blog Entries

OU Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

University of Oklahoma Sooners Softball.

Oklahoma 8 vs Texas 1

Hall of Fame Stadium, OKC
    Attendance: 8,930

Link: https://soonersports.com/news/2023/3...breaking-crowd

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    I think the straw that broke the camels back was the formation of the Longhorn Network. A&M regarded that as an unfair advantage to TX.

Thread Information