Widgets Magazine
Page 62 of 106 FirstFirst ... 125758596061626364656667 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 2632

Thread: Will Rogers World Airport

Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

Quote Originally Posted by jonny d View Post
    OKC & OMA aren't fair comparisons. Omaha is the only game in the state. OKC has TUL 2 hours away.
    And Dallas three hours away. The closest airport comparable to that would Chicago and it is 7 hours from Omaha. KC is under three hours, but that doesn't compare to DFW/Love Field.

2. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

i understand, which is why I'm curious as to how we're doing to OMA. I know they're the only major player in their state and that region yet it appears we are finally catching them with our much larger population.

Hope we continue our 10+% growth YoY and hit 5m this year!!
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Blog Entries

Funny how Dallas was able to keep Love Field after DFW was built in Euless, TX. Fort Worth's Alliance Airport became strictly cargo and Love Field continued to grow the Southwest Airlines brand.

If OKC, Tulsa & Wichita hadn't invested so much in their airports; could you envision a major international airport in say Tonkawa, OK serving all 3 metropolitan areas where you bypass DFW?

Driving distant to Tonkawa from:

OKC 85
    TUL 86
    WICH 69

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Funny how Dallas was able to keep Love Field after DFW was built in Euless, TX. Fort Worth's Alliance Airport became strictly cargo and Love Field continued to grow the Southwest Airlines brand.

If OKC, Tulsa & Wichita hadn't invested so much in their airports; could you envision a major international airport in say Tonkawa, OK serving all 3 metropolitan areas where you bypass DFW?
    This is more to do with Southwest no wanting to move to DFW and compete with American in the same airport. Part of reason Southwest stayed was to scoop up all of the business flyers who didn't want to drive the distance/time to DFW.

5. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

OKC 85
    TUL 86
    WICH 69
    Short answer - NO. OKC, the biggest city of the three, would be at the worst advantage of such a setup. ....

I doubt there's THAT MUCH leakage to DFW esp when OKC had by far the best record year of all time in 2018.

6. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

Southwest also had to navigate a lot of laws and started in the regulation days. Post regulation, it's a very different world that a lot of us haven't experienced. But we would definitely have NOT been better off having a centralized OK airport in somewhere like Tonkawa. Metros of any size need their own airport for business travel, which was the majority of travelers back in those regulation times. Southwest was one of the first to open it up to the common person in a no-frills manner. That kind of thinking it what made air travel so much bigger and has helped with our own airport (and so many others). It would have been a major mistake to put it in some small town that's not convenient to anywhere/anyone.

I always thought OKC would be a great spot for a HUB. OKC missed the boat back in the late 80's early 90's when we had the opportunity to be a Hub for Continental Airlines.

Anyone flown out of OKC since the gov't shutdown - i have a 7am flight on Monday and usually only get there an hour or so early - wondering if i should bump up my time due to the TSA problems with the shutdown

Quote Originally Posted by ultimatesooner View Post
    Anyone flown out of OKC since the gov't shutdown - i have a 7am flight on Monday and usually only get there an hour or so early - wondering if i should bump up my time due to the TSA problems with the shutdown
    According to the TSA, yes. They suggest two hours ahead, three in the busier airports. As much as a pain that would be, I'd really consider the two hour suggestion and bring a book. That early in the morning you should be fine, but what's the worst that happens if you show up two hours ahead and only needed an hour? You read a book. What's the worst that happens if you show up one hour ahead and needed two? Well...you have plenty of time to go home and read your book.

10. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

OKC 85
    TUL 86
    WICH 69
    SW was able to stay at Love but only after great political maneuvering and restiction on SW and its operation. Due to the Wright Amendment, SW could only fly non-stop from Love to cities in states that touch Texas. They grew and thrived under that arrangement then established hubs elsewhere to expand without restriction. The Wright amendment is now off so they have no restrictions at Love but may be pushing max capacity there since other airlines now operate there.

Quote Originally Posted by AMinEdmond View Post
    I always thought OKC would be a great spot for a HUB. OKC missed the boat back in the late 80's early 90's when we had the opportunity to be a Hub for Continental Airlines.
    No, it wouldn't. OKC doesn't have nearly the O&D required to support a hub operation.

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post

I doubt there's THAT MUCH leakage to DFW esp when OKC had by far the best record year of all time in 2018.
    I'd be curious to see if there's been any actual reduction in leakage to DFW, or if the increased numbers at OKC are merely reflective of the ongoing growth and economic strength. DFW still has far more of an ULCC presence (F9, NK), so inevitably there will always be some leakage, especially the most price-conscious passengers.

Question that I could easily google but I'm already here:

Can I still fly using my OK issued driver's license as identification? I have a flight in April and didn't know if I would need to get on the whole passport renewal deal or if I would still be able to fly using my DL.

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnb911 View Post
    Question that I could easily google but I'm already here:

Can I still fly using my OK issued driver's license as identification? I have a flight in April and didn't know if I would need to get on the whole passport renewal deal or if I would still be able to fly using my DL.

Thanks in advance!
    Why wouldn't you be able to use your DL?

Quote Originally Posted by no1cub17 View Post
    Why wouldn't you be able to use your DL?
    The RealID Act. However, Oklahoma has an extension while we are in the process of converting, so our ID is fine for domestic travel.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    The RealID Act. However, Oklahoma has an extension while we are in the process of converting, so our ID is fine for domestic travel.
    Thanks JW, much obliged

Blog Entries

If the government shutdown continues, just wait if you think things are fine at the airport now; imagine if the screeners at the airports start to quit in mass, it will produce chaos much worst than a sewer backup.

If the government shutdown continues, just wait if you think things are fine at the airport now; imagine if the screeners at the airports start to quit in mass, it will produce chaos much worst than a sewer backup.
    I'm flying down to Key West In a couple of weeks, so I know I'm watching closely. 6:30 am flight so hoping it won't be too bad regardless.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    I'm flying down to Key West In a couple of weeks, so I know I'm watching closely. 6:30 am flight so hoping it won't be too bad regardless.
    Have a safe trip my man. If this shutdown isn't resolved in 30 days, you will begin see a panacea of problems that will extend beyond government workers.

The Government Shutdown Is Bad. But It Could Get Much Worse: http://fortune.com/2019/01/15/the-go...n-2019-update/

Oklahoma's RealID extension is good until October 10: https://www.dhs.gov/real-id/oklahoma

Quote Originally Posted by CloudDeckMedia View Post
    Oklahoma's RealID extension is good until October 10: https://www.dhs.gov/real-id/oklahoma
    At which time they will file for what...the fourth or fifth extension? They've already said they won't make that date.

Quote Originally Posted by stile99 View Post
    At which time they will file for what...the fourth or fifth extension? They've already said they won't make that date.
    And now you can’t get a passport because of the federal government shutdown, so...

23. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

Congress needs to revise what are critical government jobs that affect real people and those office (2nd level and higher mgmt, individual contributor) jobs that could withstand a shutdown/furlough.

In the DOT and DHS airport ops: FAA controller, investigator, and TSA agent (all non-management and 1st level management) roles are mission critical in my mind and should not be subject to furlough.

24. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

^^^^^^^

Blog Entries

Congress needs to open the damn government; stop this nonsense of picking and choosing who gets paid. Imagine if you were not getting paid and being asked to work--the stress that would put you under. The jobs of air traffic controllers are stressful enough; some of those affected are having to dip into their savings & 401K's; many will still owe the government come tax time.

Trump already admitted to Pelosi & Schumer that he would proudly own this shutdown, he created.

Thread Information