Widgets Magazine
Page 62 of 64 FirstFirst ... 125758596061626364 LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 1591

Thread: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

1. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

ESPN is saying Josh Giddy has been traded to the Bulls for Alex Caruso.

Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    ESPN is saying Josh Giddy has been traded to the Bulls for Alex Caruso.
    He started out with the OKC Blue under coach Daigneault. He is one of the best guard defenders in the league with a very good shot from beyond the arc. He is older and a bit injury prone, however he could be a major contributor in a playoff series. This is a good pickup.

Caruso on how Sam Presti changed his perspective on making it into the leauge:
    https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=e0905...lGMzhURQ&ntb=1

Blog Entries

NBA Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Bulls trade Alex Caruso to Oklahoma City Thunder for Josh Giddey: https://sports.yahoo.com/bulls-trade...ycsrp_catchall

Another Presti heist. Caruso is a great addition and will fit much more cleanly than Giddey. This could be huge.

I was pretty surprised to see that we were able to pull this trade off without having to get up any picks. Bulls fans tend to think they got the short end of the stick here.

6. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

If that trade happened in a fantasy league it would get vetoed

7. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Richard at Remax View Post
    If that trade happened in a fantasy league it would get vetoed
    Caruso will be an unrestricted free agent next year, and I'm sure he indicated to the Bulls that he wasn't going to resign. Imagine that our plan is to extend Caruso for 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Libbymin View Post
    I was pretty surprised to see that we were able to pull this trade off without having to get up any picks. Bulls fans tend to think they got the short end of the stick here.
    giddy has more value then caruso

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    He does not. Caruso is considered arguably the best 3 and D player in the NBA. Giddey had to be benched in the playoffs because he was a liability. Caruso absolutely has more value. I hope Giddey has a great career, but he’d have to make a major jump in shooting to get to where Caruso is. It can happen, but it’s not likely.

He has more potential than Caruso, but Caruso is a better fit for this team right now. Josh needs to have the opportunity to be the primary ball handler on a team to reach his potential. I hope he does well for team Australia and the Bulls.

Quote Originally Posted by citywokchinesefood View Post
    He has more potential than Caruso, but Caruso is a better fit for this team right now. Josh needs to have the opportunity to be the primary ball handler on a team to reach his potential. I hope he does well for team Australia and the Bulls.
    I don't agree that Giddey has more potential than Caruso. Again, Caruso is considered arguably the best perimeter in the NBA, he's a very good 3 point shooter, he's a great guard screener, and he's a good playmaker who can handle the ball. I'm not sure Giddey has a ceiling to be that kind of an impact player. I think people are going to be surprised. Caruso is basically an upgraded Dort because he's a better offensive player. (P.S. If OKC ends up making a trade, this does make Dort more expendable, which sucks because I love the guy).

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Caruso is basically an upgraded Dort because he's a better offensive player..
    lol he averaged less ppg on a much worse team ...

now caruso is a better passer and he is a better corner 3 point shooter ...

Giddy .. is 21 and has much much more potential then caruso .. ... caruso is a better defender and better 3 point shooter then Giddy .. that is all .. Caruso has averaged 10ppg 1 time in his career last season 10.1 on a middling team

giddy has a 16.6 7.9 and 6.2 line already in his career ... and his career ppg/apg/rpg are better then Caruso's career best in all 3 categories ..

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

This one is for my man, Jersey Boss "According to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski, Chicago and Oklahoma City have a agreed to a straight-up, flat-out, one-for-one Giddey-for-Caruso swap."

Grading Alex Caruso-Josh Giddey Trade Between Chicago Bulls & OKC Thunder: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ls-okc-thunder

Chicago Bulls: D-
    Oklahoma City Thunder: A++++++

14. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Giddy .. is 21 and has much much more potential then caruso .. ... caruso is a better defender and better 3 point shooter then Giddy .. that is all .. Caruso has averaged 10ppg 1 time in his career last season 10.1 on a middling team

giddy has a 16.6 7.9 and 6.2 line already in his career ... and his career ppg/apg/rpg are better then Caruso's career best in all 3 categories ..
    It's a decent trade for both teams. Thunder needs 3point shooting and defense. Giddey was not fitting in the starting line up anymore and wanted a place to develop. Thunder sent him to Chicago who can use his skill set now.

I do think he is close to his ceiling right now. Needs to work on his three ball to improve.

And for God's sake it is spelled Giddey not Giddy.

Im in Boston right now and was walking around the parade. Told several Celtics fans that I was from OKC and they all said “oh! Y’all just Caruso! That was a great move!” Small sample size but it seems like it’s being widely regarded as a good move when an opposing teams fanbase, who are in the middle of a championship parade, even knew about it happening yesterday.

Side note: it’s really cool to see the entire city celebrating all day. It’s pretty nuts up here. If we’re ever able to do it, it’s going to be awesome.

Giddey's numbers dropped in 2024 compared to 2023, due to Chet and JDub getting more touches.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    Giddey's numbers dropped in 2024 compared to 2023, due to Chet and JDub getting more touches.
    but his efficiency was actually better with the limited touches

Giddey is 21. Caruso is 30. Caruso is who he is. I don't read about him having much unlocked potential. He will get $20-25 million a year on the deal he can sign in 6 months. Thunder will probably sign him, and he fits a need for us.

Giddey does have a lot of room to grow. He is talented, but was on a team with top of the league talent in the role he fits best. He can get a new contract roughly the same time Caruso can. Giddey fits a real need for the Bulls if Lonzo Ball can't recover from his 2-ish year knee rehab.

Looks like a win-win trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    This one is for my man, Jersey Boss "According to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski, Chicago and Oklahoma City have a agreed to a straight-up, flat-out, one-for-one Giddey-for-Caruso swap."

Grading Alex Caruso-Josh Giddey Trade Between Chicago Bulls & OKC Thunder: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ls-okc-thunder

Chicago Bulls: D-
    Oklahoma City Thunder: A++++++

Sounds great to me. T/y Laramie

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    Giddey is 21. Caruso is 30. Caruso is who he is. I don't read about him having much unlocked potential. He will get $20-25 million a year on the deal he can sign in 6 months. Thunder will probably sign him, and he fits a need for us.

Giddey does have a lot of room to grow. He is talented, but was on a team with top of the league talent in the role he fits best. He can get a new contract roughly the same time Caruso can. Giddey fits a real need for the Bulls if Lonzo Ball can't recover from his 2-ish year knee rehab.

this is all correct ...

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post

this is all correct ...

Blog Entries

Rylan Stiles on Alex Caruso and Josh Giddey trade.

Blog Entries

The Oklahoma City Thunder select Nikola Topić (6'5" - Age: 18, 201 lbs.) with the No. 12 pick in the 2024 NBA draft.

The 6’5 guard has not only the ability to be a good playmaker and is known to have a high defensive IQ, but also is well versed in aspects of shooting and runs the pick-and-roll with ease. For a player of his height, Topic is known to be highly versatile with his game and can adapt to the dynamics of the game and change his style of play with ease.

24. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Haven’t figured this one out yet. Starting with the fact that he’s currently recovering from a torn ACL. Also, at 18 I suspect we won’t see him for quite a while, if ever. That said…in Presti I trust.

Not too excited about this pick, still looks wet behind the ears. Maybe he will be packaged in a trade scenario.

Thread Information