Widgets Magazine
Page 60 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1055565758596061626364 LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 1600

Thread: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

1. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    So keep Giddy cause he is better than KD and fits better. Is this really what some of you are thinking. We need a 4. He is still currently one of the best 4 in the NBA
    You really don't hide your love for KD and hatred for Giddy do you? The best thing for the Thunder probably don't involve either one.

2. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Kevin Durant is a top 25 player in NBA history. We barely heard a negative word about KD in the next first 8 years he was with the team. He's the best player to wear a Thunder uniform. While there's no question that KD has had his issues with several teams now, he is still a great player who loves playing ball. You added a lot of speculative claims in your post that are unproven, which just shows your feelings are driving your reasoning, which is fine. But if KD could help this team get over the hump (and I think he could), Presti has to consider it.
    “Unproven” is a bold claim. I talked often to people not only in the organization but also people in the direct orbit of players during the years leading up to KD’s departure. Honestly I was feeling off on him for several years before he left, and often had disagreements with others about him (including friendly ones with you, if memory serves).

And there’s more to it than the few tidbits I mentioned above. He was often toxic here even before he left. People here just smiled and carried on because everyone was so invested in him.

In one case someone who I knew and trusted (who had verifiable connections within the Jay-Z camp) told me exactly how things were going to go down well over a year before it happened. I just didn’t want to believe it. His departure was orchestrated, and there is zero doubt that he **** on the front porch on the way out the door.

Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

I hear you, and of course, think Presti would have to do his due diligence. But, players don't have to be saints—or even good teammates—to have success. There's a ton of examples in NBA history. Draymond Green is about as easy as it gets. The guy constantly got in trouble even when it would hurt the team... but he was a really good player on the court who helped them win 4 championships. While KD may cause some drama, he still gets it done on the court. Winning solves a lot of things and replacing Giddey (and unfortunately probably Cason too) would probably give OKC the best lineup in the NBA. You don't take personality risks on marginal players, but you do on difference making stars.

Again, this is all very unlikely. It would basically require KD and his agent working with Presti to make it happen. I just don't think Presti would completely rule it out if he really cares about OKC winning a title.

Beyond KD, who are other players OKC could target in trades/free agency that could really make a difference in winning? Here's guys that would make some kind of sense in free agency:

- Paul George (best free agent, but would demand a full max that OKC might have to use assets to get out of when he ages)
    - Pascal Siakam (likely re-signing with Indy)
    - OG Anunoby (likely re-signing with Knicks)
    - Nic Claxton (not sure he plays OKC's style, but he could rebound)
    - Obi Toppin (not sure he plays OKC's style, but he could rebound; restricted free agent though)

Those are the best options I could come up with and OKC is very unlikely to get any of them. We've never recruited a good free agent yet. In reality, trades are the way we'd add a player, not free agency.

5. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Beyond KD, who are other players OKC could target in trades/free agency that could really make a difference in winning? Here's guys that would make some kind of sense in free agency:

- Paul George (best free agent, but would demand a full max that OKC might have to use assets to get out of when he ages)
    - Pascal Siakam (likely re-signing with Indy)
    - OG Anunoby (likely re-signing with Knicks)
    - Nic Claxton (not sure he plays OKC's style, but he could rebound)
    - Obi Toppin (not sure he plays OKC's style, but he could rebound; restricted free agent though)

Those are the best options I could come up with and OKC is very unlikely to get any of them. We've never recruited a good free agent yet. In reality, trades are the way we'd add a player, not free agency.
    I’d add Isaiah Hartenstein and Clint Capela as guys who would make sense and are gettable, albeit through trade for Capela. Even bringing back Steven Adams as a backup 5 could help.

Those are good ones. I would have added Hartenstein, but I think his play down the stretch is going to make him overpaid.

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    So keep Giddy cause he is better than KD and fits better. Is this really what some of you are thinking. We need a 4. He is still currently one of the best 4 in the NBA
    So are we only allowed to trade Giddey for KD or…..?

I think I need to excuse myself from this thread for a bit now that the season is over lol.

All of this arguing for KD is ludicrous.

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post

lol no

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    lol no
    So who do you believe would be the best center for the Thunder organization?

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    chet ... look for them to bring in a power forward .. IF they make a trade

Blog Entries

Any specific suggestions on who that power forward might be.

14. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Lauri is the dream trade for me personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Any specific suggestions on who that power forward might be.
    If I were running the Thunder (or a thunder fan for that matter) I would do every thing possible to trade for Jonathan Isaac

he fits everything the thunder need as a starting / bench 4 man .. elite defender capable shooter .. and good rebounder ..

16. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

If I were running the Thunder (or a thunder fan for that matter) I would do every thing possible to trade for Jonathan Isaac

he fits everything the thunder need as a starting / bench 4 man .. elite defender capable shooter .. and good rebounder ..
    I don't think he could start but maybe off the bench. His big flaw is the injury history, can't really stay on the floor.

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Jonathan Isaac,
    HT/WT - 6' 10", 230 lbs - 3 Point % - 34.1 - FG% 44.9

Gotta give it up to you BoulderSooner, Isaac needs to be given consideration if he's available.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    not a guy that is useless outside of the restricted area.

ideal big is another 4/5 long stretch player that can rebound and is a thread from inside and beyond the arc.

JV is good but doesn’t fit what they’re doing unless they radically change their offense…which if they were actually interested in doing, they would’ve done it at the trade deadline and picked up someone like Gafford

this

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    Lauri is the dream trade for me personally.
    this would be awesome if it’s possible.

Can we just get Steven Adams back, and we will be set, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    Can we just get Steven Adams back, and we will be set, lol.
    Did he learn to shoot threes or anything outside the restricted area? If not, how would he be any different than JV?

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    Did he learn to shoot threes or anything outside the restricted area? If not, how would he be any different than JV?
    We don't need him to score, scoring is not our problem, rebounding is. We have enough scorers, we just need him to bang down in the paint, and grab rebounds.

We don't need him to score, scoring is not our problem, rebounding is. We have enough scorers, we just need him to bang down in the paint, and grab rebounds.
    yes…they do want someone who can score from the outside and spread the floor…that’s why they didn’t pick up any of the big men that people (who don’t know what they’re talking about) were yelling for them to at the trade deadline. Saying “we need rebounds, not scoring” is way too simple of way to look at it. Did you notice how scoring often dried up when Giddey was on the floor this series? Signing a big that can’t shoot would look like that except that at least Giddey is somewhat of a threat from outside the paint.

They aren’t going to pick up a center or power forward that is only an inside player. They are not going to sign anyone like who plays like Steven Adams, JV, or any other big that doesn’t spread the floor.

Blog Entries

IMO you're correct. Dallas killed us with second and third chances to knock down three's; that was the difference where the Mavs won two of the three games played in our arena.

Thread Information