Widgets Magazine
Page 60 of 78 FirstFirst ... 105556575859606162636465 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 1947

Thread: Costco

Default Re: Costco

I was at Costco yesterday and it looks like they are doing some kind of project on the north side of the building. I asked an employee and he said he knows what it is but doesn't know if he can tell me. Any insight?

Quote Originally Posted by Mballard85 View Post
    I was at Costco yesterday and it looks like they are doing some kind of project on the north side of the building. I asked an employee and he said he knows what it is but doesn't know if he can tell me. Any insight?
    New optical department.

A weird development...

Costco has stopped selling it's $20 sheet cakes that have become a mainstay for many parties, birthdays, graduations, etc.

They feed 50 people, and because large gatherings have been largely curtailed, they have just stopped making them for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    A weird development...

Costco has stopped selling it's $20 sheet cakes that have become a mainstay for many parties, birthdays, graduations, etc.

They feed 50 people, and because large gatherings have been largely curtailed, they have just stopped making them for now.
    Sounds responsible.

Yes, and I think they are continuing their smaller cakes. They are good!

It'll be a shame if they use this as an excuse to get people off of their $20 half sheets and onto the round cakes that serve about 10 people (for $10-15) as a permanent switch.

I'm sure it will be more profitable for them to sell the rounds.

I bet if you took a survey most people end up throwing a good amount of the sheet away. They only buy a sheet because of value and they are overly cautious about how much their guest will eat.

From the City Council agenda for Monday:

During negotiations with Costco for the Economic
    Development Agreement, Costco discovered that an error had been made
    by Costco in the wage information it presented to the State of Oklahoma
    and to the Greater Oklahoma City Chamber of Commerce, the Trust and
    City Council. Costco initially represented that it planned to add 1,044
    new to market jobs with an annual average wage the first year of $44,606
    Staff was advised that this wage was mistakenly based on another
    location's wages. Costco has revised its proposal by stating it will create
    1,503 new to market full-time jobs, instead of the 1,044 originally
    proposed, however, the first year annual wages will be reduced from
    $44,606 to $38,299
    and the jobs will be added over a five to seven year
    period instead of three to five years. While the average annual wage of
    these new jobs is being reduced to an estimated $38,309 for the first year,
    the average annual wage will rise to $53,876 by the sixth year, resulting
    in a total annual payroll of $80,975,000, which is $18,606,404 higher than
    the prior top payroll estimate of $62,368,560.

^

As expected when discovered they were buying the large Hertz building, they are planning to employ more people than originally discussed, although at a lower average salary and won't reach full employment for what could be 7 years.

^

As expected when discovered they were buying the large Hertz building, they are planning to employ more people than originally discussed, although at a lower average salary and won't reach full employment for what could be 7 years.
    Thats even better. Just using raw numbers and knowing hires will be staggered:

Old: 1044 x $44606 = $46.6m
    New: 1503 x $38299 = $57.6m

11. Default Re: Costco

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    I bet if you took a survey most people end up throwing a good amount of the sheet away. They only buy a sheet because of value and they are overly cautious about how much their guest will eat.
    Quote Originally Posted by OKC Guy View Post
    Thats even better. Just using raw numbers and knowing hires will be staggered:

Old: 1044 x $44606 = $46.6m
    New: 1503 x $38299 = $57.6m
    That's not bad starting pay considering OKC cost of living. This is a good catch.

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    That's not bad starting pay considering OKC cost of living. This is a good catch.
    +1

Does Costco still have early hours for Seniors? Or is it a 10:00 AM opening for all (M-F)?

Quote Originally Posted by RustytheBailiff View Post
    Does Costco still have early hours for Seniors? Or is it a 10:00 AM opening for all (M-F)?
    Yes, they are still opening at 9AM for those over 60 Monday thru Friday.

Thanks Pete - do you also know, do all members need to be over 60, or can my daughter accompany me?

Thanks Pete - do you also know, do all members need to be over 60, or can my daughter accompany me?
    I believe so.

Thanks Pete, appreciate what you do!

BE SAFE WEAR MASKS

I believe so.
    Pete any word on when they will start on the new Costco in Moore. Im tired of driving to Costco on north side of town.

Quote Originally Posted by bhawes View Post
    Pete any word on when they will start on the new Costco in Moore. Im tired of driving to Costco on north side of town.
    I haven't heard anything further but Costco as a company is killing it so I have no reason to believe the Moore location won't be going forward.

20. Default Re: Costco

FYI - COSTCO just announced they will cut the senior hour, 9 to 10am to just Tuesdays and Thursdays starting July 13 for most stores.

Quote Originally Posted by bhawes View Post
    Why not just go to a Sams in your area? Aren't they both about the same type of store? I go to Sams once in a while but have never been to Costco but heard they are about the same.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCRT View Post
    Why not just go to a Sams in your area? Aren't they both about the same type of store? I go to Sams once in a while but have never been to Costco but heard they are about the same.
    Costco is to Sam's what Target is to Walmart. They sell similar items, but the in-store experience and certain product offerings are very different.

23. Default Re: Costco

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    Costco is to Sam's what Target is to Walmart. They sell similar items, but the in-store experience and certain product offerings are very different.
    I've let my Costco membership expire. My experience has been that there isn't as big of difference in terms of quality for similar items. Each has their own unique items that can't be found in the other store, but nothing so compelling to drive me to either store over the other. I've also had nothing but good experiences with employees at both stores. In my mind, the Scan-and-Go checkout at Sam's is the biggest differentiation. That makes the shopping experience so much better. I admit that I'm also a bit biased because Sam's is so much closer to my home. But even if there were a Costco in a more convenient location to me, I would still prefer the checkout experience at Sam's. If there were a Costco closer to me, I might consider maintaining both memberships again to have options on the unique product offerings, but as it currently stands, the additional drive and checkout hassle aren't worth it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMonk View Post
    I've let my Costco membership expire. My experience has been that there isn't as big of difference in terms of quality for similar items. Each has their own unique items that can't be found in the other store, but nothing so compelling to drive me to either store over the other. I've also had nothing but good experiences with employees at both stores. In my mind, the Scan-and-Go checkout at Sam's is the biggest differentiation. That makes the shopping experience so much better. I admit that I'm also a bit biased because Sam's is so much closer to my home. But even if there were a Costco in a more convenient location to me, I would still prefer the checkout experience at Sam's. If there were a Costco closer to me, I might consider maintaining both memberships again to have options on the unique product offerings, but as it currently stands, the additional drive and checkout hassle aren't worth it to me.
    +1

i’ve also noticed the Sam’s have really stepped up their game since The Costco arrived. And the crowds are always lighter in the Sam’s. I canceled my Costco membership within the first month and used the $60 refund to buy ice cold, American beers at Sam’s.

Agree about Scan & Go. It's the best in-store shopping tool by far.

And even though Costco now has self-checkout, it's lame because there is no gun which means you have to haul all those big value packs out of your cart and wave them over the scanner. Plus, Sam's has way better hours and a much better website.

I love Costco but I live a mile from the Sam's at 39th & May and it's so easy and convenient, I should probably give up my Costco membership. I don't even buy much from them on-line.

I still hate Walmart but I have to admit that Sam's is damn good.

Thread Information