Widgets Magazine
Page 60 of 86 FirstFirst ... 105556575859606162636465 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 2146

Thread: University of Oklahoma Sports

Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Quote Originally Posted by April in the Plaza View Post
    Just wanted to give a big shoutout to the Utah Utes for knocking off The Muleshoe Snake.

Those boys played with so much love, and character!
    Very enjoyable !

Blog Entries

OU Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Oklahoma Sooners 27 at Iowa State Cyclones 13

Gamecast hhttps://www.espn.com/college-footba...01404100ttp://

3. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Lookin at certain other games today OUs 3 losses aren't looking so bad if we can win out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    Lookin at certain other games today OUs 3 losses aren't looking so bad if we can win out.
    maybe 2 out of 3... that texas loss still stings.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Not an excuse but if Dillon Gabriel had played I think it would’ve been closer. Or OU would’ve actually scored points

The Baylor game is good measuring stick for this team. Much better competition than KU or Iowa St but definitely beatable at home.

6. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I really just meant W-L record at the end.

There could easily be only two teams with less than 3 conference losses.

7. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

This is a tough year to watch. Our defense in simply not very good. But half of the starters wouldn't be starting if this were the expected defensive team from last year. Gabriel is proving to be a very good small school QB but just not a Power Five QB. But with our two best QBs bailing at the end of last year he was the best choice we had. Hopefully the 23 and 24 recruits stay committed and pan out.

Blog Entries

NCAA Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Baylor Bears 38 @ Oklahoma Sooners 35

Gamecast https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...meId/401404104

Attendance: 83,546

9. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Our secondary is just bad. Hopefully the commitments coming in will be worlds better.

10. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    Our secondary is just bad. Hopefully the commitments coming in will be worlds better.
    It could be worse. We could have the #1 recruit class and be Texas A&M

11. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    Very good point!

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    Hopefully we retain those recruits. In this new era of the NIL, that seems less certain.

Count me as someone who was pretty excited about the BV hire. You can blame a lot of our struggles on a lack of talent since we lost so many guys with Riley leaving, but only up to a point. Even with the talent issue, one would hope that we would at least be shown signs of improvement as the season progresses. If anything though, it seems like we've only gotten worse which is disheartening. That WV loss was about as pitiful a loss as we've had in a long time.

I'm still hoping that we will turn things around in the right direction next year but BV may have to make some changes already after this year.

13. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Quote Originally Posted by Libbymin View Post
    Hopefully we retain those recruits. In this new era of the NIL, that seems less certain.

Count me as someone who was pretty excited about the BV hire. You can blame a lot of our struggles on a lack of talent since we lost so many guys with Riley leaving, but only up to a point. Even with the talent issue, one would hope that we would at least be shown signs of improvement as the season progresses. If anything though, it seems like we've only gotten worse which is disheartening. That WV loss was about as pitiful a loss as we've had in a long time.

I'm still hoping that we will turn things around in the right direction next year but BV may have to make some changes already after this year.
    I think Brent is the good choice long term. Going to be a few down years and maybe one weird year in the SEC. Overall I think the program will be fine. I'm still going to every game!

14. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Quote Originally Posted by Libbymin View Post

I'm willing to give this team a complete pass this year. Too many players either weren't recruited and got picked up off the portal because that's what was available or were recruited but weren't intended to play this season. I've heard guys like Carey Murdock who pretty much only covers OU say they question if anyone could coach some of these defensive players to run our defensive schemes. BV deserves a year, or two, of starting the guys this staff went after before we judge whether he's the answer or not.

Blog Entries

NCAA Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

117th Bedlam

Oklahoma Sooners 28 vs Oklahoma State Cowboys 13

Norman, OK - Gaylord Family Oklahoma Memorial Stadium
    Attendance: 84,132

16. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

What a weird game that was. ��

17. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    What a weird game that was. ��
    Ou just played the first quarter but apparently that was enough. I'm an OU alum and mega fan. My best friend is an OSU alum and mega fan. He said today that OSU really has issues at almost every position but with a 100% healthy QB they were fine. But that's not been the case since week 5 or 6. I'll take his word.

18. Default Re: University of Oklahoma

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FiC9wDQXgAMvBOG.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	71.2 KB 
ID:	17743
    I honestly have to say, I still don't like this man.

19. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

I really have say how satisfied l was to see USC go down in flames to Utah.

20. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    I really have say how satisfied l was to see USC go down in flames to Utah.
    Was also pretty enjoyable to see his kid bro lose to the purple cats in the Jerry Dome. Massive choke job by TCU.

Was also pretty enjoyable to see his kid bro lose to the purple cats in the Jerry Dome. Massive choke job by TCU.
    This. Horrible play calls those last 2 ran. Must have got it from his brother

Good lord, the hate of Lincoln by OU fans even extends to siblings who had nothing to do with OU?

Massive choke job is a bit over the top when KSU is a top 10 team, was favored and TCU lost in OT but they still made the playoff. Not sure I call that a massive choke.

23. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    Good lord, the hate of Lincoln by OU fans even extends to siblings who had nothing to do with OU?

Massive choke job is a bit over the top when KSU is a top 10 team, was favored and TCU lost in OT but they still made the playoff. Not sure I call that a massive choke.
    I agree it wasn't a massive choke job. But the play calling in the 2nd half was horrendous. They played like they were 3 TDs behind and desperate. They weren't the former and shouldn't have thought they were the latter. If TCU is behind at the half and the offense plays like they did the second half Saturday then Michigan might embarrass them.

Default Re: University of Oklahoma

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerQueen View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FiC9wDQXgAMvBOG.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	71.2 KB 
ID:	17743
    I honestly have to say, I still don't like this man.
    I rather have him over terrible Venables even though Riley screwed the Sooners

25. Default Re: University of Oklahoma

Quote Originally Posted by Boop View Post
    I rather have him over terrible Venables even though Riley screwed the Sooners
    That's sad comment considering V hasn't even had his own first recruiting class - which is apparently top 5 - 8.

Thread Information