Widgets Magazine
Page 60 of 96 FirstFirst ... 105556575859606162636465 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 2384

Thread: Midtown

Default Re: General Midtown Thread

I believe the old firehouse is a fitclub? Or in the process of becoming one.

I guess so.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    The two buildings that make the most sense to me in Midtown off the top of my head are on the SE corner of 8th and Walker (Smith Brothers-owned I think), and the old tire shop on the NW corner of 10th and Hudson (I've previously heard rumors about his being the intended location). The space next to Brown's could perhaps work, but would require more exterior alteration I think.

Either of the first two would lend themselves easily and make GREAT locations. Off the top of my head I can't think of too many others in the immediate vicinity that would be the right fit for those two places, combined.
    I think Pete said earlier that Fassler (and I guess Dust Bowl as well) will be leasing space in a larger development...a development just now seeking tax credits.

Somehow I don't see either of those places fitting in that paradigm (not that everything Pete hears is going to be 100% accurate, but there's almost always quite a bit of truth at the least).

I keep thinking it will be in a new development by M-R on the huge plots they own on the NE block of 10th/Hudson.

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    I think Pete said earlier that Fassler (and I guess Dust Bowl as well) will be leasing space in a larger development...a development just now seeking tax credits.

Somehow I don't see either of those places fitting in that paradigm (not that everything Pete hears is going to be 100% accurate, but there's almost always quite a bit of truth at the least).

I keep thinking it will be in a new development by M-R on the huge plots they own on the NE block of 10th/Hudson.
    Not sure where they will go, but regardless, they will be a great addition. I've been in a few of their establishments, and all are managed well.

5. Default Re: General Midtown Thread

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    I believe the old firehouse is a fitclub? Or in the process of becoming one.
    Somebody lives in it.

yeah, pretty sure the firehouse just became a private residence. My money is on 10th and Hudson.

Perhaps the structure at 10th & Hudson will be expanded to included both concepts??

Very excited to see this happen... Will make Midtown a great bar-hopping location overnight.

8. Default Re: General Midtown Thread

If only there were an existing old building at 10th and Hudson in that size range...

Isn't the building at 10th and Hudson (NW corner) already big enough. It's a huge warehouse essentially.

Is Brown's bakery big enough?

I doubt that piece is at play right now. We're about to hit critical mass though, making the Browns Bakery annex more appealing and hopefully the market demand will force them not to be slumlords.

The Midtown Renaissance group now owns just about everything around Brown's.

The bakery building (old supermarket) is about 5,600 square feet and the annex is another 6,000.

The old warehouse on the NW corner of 10th & Hudson (also surrounded by MidtownR properties) is just over 10,000 sq. ft.

Saw staff training going on last night in the Packards New American Kitchen Space, we're getting close!

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Saw staff training going on last night in the Packards New American Kitchen Space, we're getting close!
    The soft opening should be within the next week or two. They are looking at the first week of April for the grand opening.

HangryHippo Guest

I find it unfathomable that we tore down that building for Century Center. My god, what a mistake that was.

Just received a request from MidtownR to attend an OCURA meeting regarding Midtown's urban renewal plan:

Midtown Oklahoma City is a dynamic area with
    great potential for economic growth. The current
    urban renewal plan for Midtown was last updated
    in the 1990's. Join OCURA for the first-ever public
    meeting to discuss goals and objectives of a new
    Midtown Urban Renewal Plan. Public input will
    ensure the updated plan reflects current Midtown
    development and helps identify opportunities to
    spur new development

When: Tuesday, April 2 5:30-6:30 PM
    Where: The Sieber Lobby
    I thought I would post it here in case anyone was interested. I will not be attending as I now live about 500 miles away, why I am still on MidtownR's tenant mailing list, I do not know.

17. Default Re: General Midtown Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    In Steve's chat today someone mentioned the rumored Midtown Fassler Hall will also include some bowling lanes.

Don't know the location, but keep hearing "within a few blocks of McNellies".
    Just found out this will be a new building on the land between Browns and the firehouse, between 10th & Park. I don't really know specifics beyond that.

Also, this: http://www.bizapedia.com/ok/DUST-BOW...N-OKC-LLC.html

HangryHippo Guest

Since they won't be using the building that currently sits on the NW corner of 10th and Hudson, I wonder if they're going to tear it down for the new building. I'm still curious about their plans for the lot right to the east of this block...

Revel 8 Salon and spa (Packard building) will be open this Saturday, with Packard New American Kitchen, does that finish out the Packard building?

The Revel 8 space will be at the far west end of the 10th Street frontage and then I believe Packard's will take everything east of there to the corner. There may still be some ground floor space facing the alley-come-courtyard on the north side.

Packard's is having a sneak peak benefit this Friday for Better Block OKC:

https://www.facebook.com/events/149854528514783/

21. Default Re: General Midtown Thread

Some folks might have even gotten a sneak peek tonight.

Pret sure the salon has been open for a few weeks at least it's appeared that way.

Quote Originally Posted by CuatrodeMayo View Post
    Just found out this will be a new building on the land between Browns and the firehouse, between 10th & Park. I don't really know specifics beyond that.

Also, this: Dust Bowl-Fassler Midtown Okc, LLC - Oklahoma Company Profile (People Search and Company Search)
    Well, this will be huge for Midtown. The Dust Bowl/Fassler concepts are exactly what this area needs. It will provide a lot of life and add to the synergy that's already there...

A reminder for those interested in attending:

From the MidtownR Facebook page:

We are happy to announce that Beyond Yoga will be offering classes on the 10 Roof at Packard from 6-7 and 9-10:15 on Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings beginning April 15th. Get over there and give yourself some well deserved relaxation! Tenants of Midtown Renaissance will receive a discount on the price of the class. Look for evening classes to be added later this spring in the Park Plaza between Guardian and Packard as well!

Thread Information