Widgets Magazine
Page 60 of 98 FirstFirst ... 105556575859606162636465 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 2439

Thread: Lake Hefner at record low water levels, when will city buy Canton water?

Default Re: Lake Hefner at record low water levels, when will city buy Canton water?

Yes, impressive video! Thanks for sharing that good look at the dam...while the horizon is indeed expansive, it's nonetheless the source of that big Oklahoma sky, beloved by so many.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    I was at Mama Rojas the other night and looked about 4-5 feet down. A lot of improvement and could be close to normal if we get the forecasted rains for next week.

Draper has a supply pipe so I'm its fine. Lol
    It's been under four feet below for the past week or more. Still low, but barely, and the abundance of boats last night certainly gave no indication of the subpar level.

Default Re: Lake Hefner at record low water levels, when will city buy Canton water?

Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post
    There in lies the problem - regulatory bodies making the ornamental choice not the responsible choice. I have stopped replacing grass. If grass dies in my yard it becomes a flower bed or garden gnome display area.
    Since you live in Florida, don't you think that interspersing some of these with the gnomes would increase the feng shui of your landscaping project?

The video is shocking. If not for its curvature it would be tough to tell the upstream side of the dam from the downstream side. It's a far cry from the good old days when we partied there in the seventies. We slept on the beach (where did it go?), fished from the dam, and drank heavily at Cookies club.

Cookies Club is still open. The beach is still there, but it is at least a half mile from where it should be. Hard to believe, but we were about 4 feet lower after the last draw. We and OKC have been very lucky. We have had only moderate heat and some rains at the right time to offset the evaporation. Usually, we loose about 7 ft during the summer. OKC has placed two aerators in the lake, but they have not raised the oxygen levels. It is unknown if they will help or hurt in such a shallow lake.

Is this really posted at the lake in Canton...

Name:  Fish Sign.jpg
Views: 502
Size:  5.7 KB

LOL!!!! We do that for the city folks who only get their water from faucets and bottles.

heard Mick on the radio yesterday realting how he told people in Ca what we have in abundance in Ok is land and water. Is he delusional?

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    heard Mick on the radio yesterday realting how he told people in Ca what we have in abundance in Ok is land and water. Is he delusional?
    Are you bitter?

Not at all. Mick made sense and sounded reasonable until that irresponsible whopper.

I think he's correct...it's just a matter of the abundance being downhill and a distance from some areas, hmm?

Compared to CA right now and their forecasted needs, most everywhere has an abundance.

There's enough water in SE Ok. to serve the OKC area for centuries. It's just a matter of getting it piped up to NW sections of OKC where it needs to be. Once this is done NW OKC doesn't need to rely or take water from Canton again if it recovers.

ummmmm, I think you are the one who is delusional. Have you been keeping up with the drought situation in CA?

Oklahoma has moderate rainfall.... what Mick said was very fair and reasonable. Average Annual Precipitation by USA State - Current Results

I'm not even going to bring up land.

--------

This is kind of an offbeat question and I'm sorry if I break the forum rules here, but Edgar, with all due respect; what the hell are you doing on OKCTalk? I can almost look at a thread and accurately tell if you are going to be posting in it because you have a very predictable posting pattern. You either bitch about the mayor of OKC, complain about rich people(and you seem to love the word plutocrat as if you discovered it not too long ago), or you out to slay the evil oil tycoons. It is the same crap with you. I honestly can't tell whether you're trolling or not, but if you're going to just dwell in politics and make everything political, perhaps this is the thread for you: PoliticalForum.com - the best Forum for Politics (4000 posts/day)

Not trying to offend you or anything, but you are really a weird poster. Here's the thing about weird posters, I'm a weird poster, and for me to call someone a weird poster, would mean they are super weird..... or perhaps normal seeing as normal is weird to me at times; I'll let the rest of the fine folks of OKCTalk decide that one.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCRT View Post
    There's enough water in SE Ok. to serve the OKC area for centuries. It's just a matter of getting it piped up to NW sections of OKC where it needs to be. Once this is done NW OKC doesn't need to rely or take water from Canton again if it recovers.
    I agree with you. I'd love to help the city of Canton out and attempt to get the lake back up to healthy levels so strengthen their economy.

Thank you for the kind thought PlutonicPanda, but (sigh) as often expressed here in the past, no one will invest time or money in a business dependent on a lake that OKC can draw all the water from anytime they choose?

Thanks, law, for answering about Cookies, etc. I do wish you folks the best.

T

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    ummmmm, I think you are the one who is delusional. Have you been keeping up with the drought situation in CA?

Oklahoma has moderate rainfall.... what Mick said was very fair and reasonable. Average Annual Precipitation by USA State - Current Results

I'm not even going to bring up land.

--------

This is kind of an offbeat question and I'm sorry if I break the forum rules here, but Edgar, with all due respect; what the hell are you doing on OKCTalk? I can almost look at a thread and accurately tell if you are going to be posting in it because you have a very predictable posting pattern. You either bitch about the mayor of OKC, complain about rich people(and you seem to love the word plutocrat as if you discovered it not too long ago), or you out to slay the evil oil tycoons. It is the same crap with you. I honestly can't tell whether you're trolling or not, but if you're going to just dwell in politics and make everything political, perhaps this is the thread for you: PoliticalForum.com - the best Forum for Politics (4000 posts/day)

Not trying to offend you or anything, but you are really a weird poster. Here's the thing about weird posters, I'm a weird poster, and for me to call someone a weird poster, would mean they are super weird..... or perhaps normal seeing as normal is weird to me at times; I'll let the rest of the fine folks of OKCTalk decide that one.
    The voters of OKC spoke Panda and they love their secretive plutocrats by a wide margin. Let it go. Would be nice if citizens of Ok got more than 2% on the extraction of her natural treasure but Okie voters must like their great corporate state of Ok.

Why has this thread devolved into Me . . . Me . . . Me . . .?
    (as I sigh in relief for the rain and the non-need to water the herbs to accompany the chicken and/or fish)

So . . . Since it was a "misty" sort of "cool" day in OK . . . I decided to take a little stroll in the direction of . . .

RadicalModerate.....The sigh was only for what has been lost. Nothing more. The rest was simply fact, as explained by many in this thread. I was agreeing with those who pointed out that fact. I seldom post here, so, there's no need to drag out your hatred.

Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    Why has this thread devolved into Me . . . Me . . . Me . . .?
    (as I sigh in relief for the rain and the non-need to water the herbs to accompany the chicken and/or fish)

So . . . Since it was a "misty" sort of "cool" day in OK . . . I decided to take a little stroll in the direction of . . .
    don't devolve what you can't evolve and everything will just be great

…but Okie voters must like their great corporate state of Ok.
    We do! We do!

Canton is continuing to rise at a time of the year it normally goes down. It's up to 25.45% full.

Quote Originally Posted by law View Post
    Thank you for the kind thought PlutonicPanda, but (sigh) as often expressed here in the past, no one will invest time or money in a business dependent on a lake that OKC can draw all the water from anytime they choose?
    give it time. I'm sure once OKC gets its pipelines built to draw for other lakes that receive more rainfall, perhaps we can stop drawing from Canton. Canton is beautiful town that has a ton of potential!

So the lake is 12 feet down right now and 63% full. Canton is nearly empty, better hope we get a lot of rain this spring summer.

This has been a really bad fall/winter thus far. Moisture is needed in any form right now.

Thread Information