Thread: Pizzeria Gusto

1. Default Re: Pizzeria Gusto

As a reminder, this is what the building looked like in January:

Default Re: Pizzeria Gusto

Looks like they are almost finished with the interior:

Wow. Awesome-sauce.

I wonder who they used for their interior design...

Whoever it is, they need to get more work around town. Pretty darn stunning.

Really great. My girlfriend and I painted our bedroom grey then couldn't stop. Our house is probably literally 50 shades of grey. It just looks so nice and clean.

A theme of AGE dining HQ as well.

I think the interior decorators were Lower & Co.

8. Default Re: Pizzeria Gusto

Had a preview of the meatballs they are going to serve at an event catered by the Metro a few weeks ago...best I have ever had. A bit spicy and very flavorful.

They've posted their menu on Facebook:

Looks good and mostly reasonably priced....except the fall cocktails. Nothing less than $10 and with an avg price of about $13 is kind of high. I would imagine most people would rather just have two glasses of wine or 3 beers for the same price than their cocktails. Maybe they are super strong, IDK.

Seems to be a common thing though, with cocktails priced higher and higher these days. And Im not sure why really.

The cocktail list was designed by my staff at WSKY for Gusto. They wanted to do a very craft and original cocktail list. In order to do this, Scott and the crew used true Italian cordials and liqueurs to create a very unique and special drink menu. The prices reflect the cost of the alcohol being used in each drink. When using 3-4 liqueurs at $40-$60 per bottle, the cost and therefore the price of the cocktail go up. Anyone can do a cocktail with well liquor and charge $7 but in order to get a list like above, cost must be factored into the price bringing it to $10-$14 on average.

Quote Originally Posted by JarrodH View Post
    The cocktail list was designed by my staff at WSKY for Gusto. They wanted to do a very craft and original cocktail list. In order to do this, Scott and the crew used true Italian cordials and liqueurs to create a very unique and special drink menu. The prices reflect the cost of the alcohol being used in each drink. When using 3-4 liqueurs at $40-$60 per bottle, the cost and therefore the price of the cocktail go up. Anyone can do a cocktail with well liquor and charge $7 but in order to get a list like above, cost must be factored into the price bringing it to $10-$14 on average.
    Thanks for the info.

While I realize there is more to them than say a simple gin and tonic, I think Gusto might have turned many people off to the cocktail list with there being no single digit priced cocktail. I drink often when I go out to eat but I get turned off quickly to cocktails once they get above $10, especially with ones that have ingredients of which Im not familiar. It was just one thing that stood out to me. Other than that, everything looks and sounds great and Im sure it will be a great success.

Is there just one size for pizzas?

It looks to me like there is just one size. Price, size, and options all remind me of Upper Crust, which isn't a bad thing. Seems to me that they have a hit on their hands!

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    but I had a sense the area wasn't their favorite (homeless people walking in front and shouting at people across the street, cars bassing down the street cursing at each other, etc).
    Careful now...you don't want to offend anyone. You should be like the others, and just turn a blind eye...and say that 23rd street is the latest greatest most perfect local in all of OKC!

16. Default Re: Pizzeria Gusto

Really cool shot at night with their new signage! The Pump looks cool as well!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10710339_791590940901933_4865314309786813844_o.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	232.7 KB 
ID:	9422

Quote Originally Posted by John Knight View Post
    Really cool shot at night with their new signage! The Pump looks cool as well!

Name:	10710339_791590940901933_4865314309786813844_o.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	232.7 KB 
ID:	9422
    Me Likey!

18. Default Re: Pizzeria Gusto

Just drove by.

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	901.3 KB 
ID:	9457

Beer taps:

I love the taps!.. great idea

Who is their interior designer? Very cool.

22. Default Re: Pizzeria Gusto

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Who is their interior designer? Very cool.
    While I agree it looks cool. Let's not get to excited here... It's not an original idea.

23. Default Re: Pizzeria Gusto

99% of all new design is not creation or originality, but a recombination and synthesis of existing design.

That being said, this is a well-synthesized restaurant. It's on my visit list for my next trip home.

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    While I agree it looks cool. Let's not get to excited here... It's not an original idea.
    There is very little that is new under the sun. however I have not seen this design in the OKC metro. It looks great.

25. Default Re: Pizzeria Gusto

Quote Originally Posted by CuatrodeMayo View Post
    99% of all new design is not creation or originality, but a recombination and synthesis of existing design..
    Wouldn't that be 99% of all design? If it's new it's original. If it's not new it's recombination.

I still think it looks cool. As does everything else I've seen of the restoration of this building.

I can definitely give high praise to Lower and Mathis on the design of their last two additions to the empire.... Back Door BBQ and now Pizzeria Gusto are both great looking venues.

Thread Information