Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Election Results

1. Default Re: Election Results

Quote Originally Posted by OKCDrummer77 View Post
    What do you suppose is going to happen when the Sonics play the Hornets?
    DVDFreaker stays home.
    ...this shortest straw has been pulled for you

Default Re: Election Results

Probably all the fans will cheer for both teams since Hornets played here, you know, I wonder if it wasn't for the Hornets coming here temporarily, we might never have a NBA team here permantaly...

Quote Originally Posted by Dustbowl View Post
    Well, if you get free passes to the games, why not give them away to a kid who might enjoy the game? Why would you carry water for the Clay's of the world and then not pay for your tickets to help support your vote? Oh I get it.....
    Go back to Seattle troll. There not going to give VIP media passes to a kid for philantrophy, teams already give out tickets to Boys&Girls Club and other organizations for charity.

It's funny how things like that work. We'll give the Hornets a big welcome and then yell at Chris Paul and Tyson Chandler when they convert a mean alley-oop.

Quote Originally Posted by AFCM View Post
    DVDFreaker stays home.
    Haha, yeah, sadly, I will only go to Magic-Sonic games

6. Default Re: Election Results

Quote Originally Posted by DVDFreaker View Post
    Haha, yeah, sadly, I will only go to Magic-Sonic games
    One more open seat for me.

One more open seat for me.
    Yeah, oh well! So enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Go back to Seattle troll. There not going to give VIP media passes to a kid for philantrophy, teams already give out tickets to Boys&Girls Club and other organizations for charity.
    I'm not a troll, I'm a hater. Please get it right.

9. Default Re: Election Results

I'm not a troll, I'm a hater. Please get it right.
    Hater or not, we still love you. We on the YES side just disagree with your reasoning.

Hater or not, we still love you. We on the YES side just disagree with your reasoning.
    Fair enough. Let's move on to the next issue. For example: The Core to Shore idea is something I'm interested in. I'm favoring the idea.

Here's a question, Will the "No Voters" , support the Sonics in Okc?? Do you think that the "NO Voters" will go or watch , with a rooting interenst in the Okc Sonics??

Quote Originally Posted by okclee View Post
    Here's a question, Will the "No Voters" , support the Sonics in Okc?? Do you think that the "NO Voters" will go or watch , with a rooting interenst in the Okc Sonics??
    Most likely no, the no voters are most likely not fans of basketball

I'm a baseball guy. The fact that I voted no would not keep me from going to games. I will spend more money at The Brick though. Personal preference.

I will root for the OKC team. I just don't like the way.......

Nevermind.

I can tell you I won't, for exactly the reason DVDFreaker says. I don't care anything about basketball. I never went to a Hornets game, and I never watch the NBA on TV.

I used to watch the NCAA twenty or so years ago, mostly Tulsa when K Sampson was there, but I haven't followed college ball in years.

(Edit: that was more than twenty years ago, I guess... more like 27.)

15. Default Re: Election Results

How about the Gaylord Family Cagers? OR the MAPS Mobsters OR the Clay's Crusaders? All solid ideas JBrown.
    Um, what does this have to do with me?

I thought Mayor Mick said this would not cause a tax increase? If so, why am I paying an extra cent in sales tax? I wish you guys would get your stories straight.
    You are ALREADY PAYING IT. The tax is not going up!

Quote Originally Posted by FritterGirl View Post
    I can't wait till the 10 o'clock news to see what Mr. Glover has to say!
    I was at the Obama watch party at the Bricktown Brewery and he was there. Not surprisingly, he was just as obnoxious about Obama as he was about this. He was trying to dispell his lies upon the people at my table, and I kept silent for a while, until he pulled out the "well, Aubrey McClendon gave a whole bunch of money to Swift Boat Veterans For Truth!" excuse. I'm like, "do you research the political activity of every business owner you patronize?" He had nothing to say to that. "Nice try," I said. So he walked away and didn't come back.

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown84 View Post
    Um, what does this have to do with me?

You are ALREADY PAYING IT. The tax is not going up!

I was at the Obama watch party at the Bricktown Brewery and he was there. Not surprisingly, he was just as obnoxious about Obama as he was about this. He was trying to dispell his lies upon the people at my table, and I kept silent for a while, until he pulled out the "well, Aubrey McClendon gave a whole bunch of money to Swift Boat Veterans For Truth!" excuse. I'm like, "do you research the political activity of every business owner you patronize?" He had nothing to say to that. "Nice try," I said. So he walked away and didn't come back.
    You told me to come up with some solid ideas. I gave it a shot.

McClendon and T. Boone were huge backers of the Swift Boaters. That's just a fact. What's wrong with tyring to "follow the money". Fact-based thinking does have a place at the table.

Y'know, I do research the political activity of business I patronize. That's why I try to avoid Wal-Mart, Home Depot, Promised Land Milk (new to OKC, but it's been around Texas) and several other businesses. I don't care if someone votes Republican, but someone tied to right-wing extremism or political dirty tricks is not going to get my business if I can help it.

SouthsideSooner Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bornhere View Post
    I can tell you I won't, for exactly the reason DVDFreaker says. I don't care anything about basketball. I never went to a Hornets game, and I never watch the NBA on TV.

I used to watch the NCAA twenty or so years ago, mostly Tulsa when K Sampson was there, but I haven't followed college ball in years.

(Edit: that was more than twenty years ago, I guess... more like 27.)
    K Sampson was never at Tulsa but imaginary memories are kinda cool....

I'm a baseball guy. The fact that I voted no would not keep me from going to games. I will spend more money at The Brick though. Personal preference.

I will root for the OKC team. I just don't like the way.......

Nevermind.
    What is the Brick? I never heard of it

I think he meant Nolan Richardson at Tulsa.

You know the Brick, the other stadium what was built with the 1 penny tax.

Quote Originally Posted by bornhere View Post
    Y'know, I do research the political activity of business I patronize. That's why I try to avoid Wal-Mart, Home Depot, Promised Land Milk (new to OKC, but it's been around Texas) and several other businesses. I don't care if someone votes Republican, but someone tied to right-wing extremism or political dirty tricks is not going to get my business if I can help it.

You have every right to do that in this country. Thank Goodness.

23. Default Re: Election Results

Quote Originally Posted by DVDFreaker View Post
    What is the Brick? I never heard of it
    Bricktown Ballpark.

You're correct. It was Nolan Richardson.

You know the Brick, the other stadium what was built with the 1 penny tax.
    And which was built right from the beginning and hasn't kept coming back to the well for more money.

Nobody has answered the question: Who was responsible for the Ford Center in the beginning and why did they screw it up so bad that we have to extend sales taxes to fix it. I want names. Could it be the same people who pushed the "fix" for it? Why trust them?

Thread Information