Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Lift

1. Default Re: 10th and Shartel Midtown Apartments

Actually The Edge and this development appeal to me right now because they are a little bit removed from the hustle and bustle...but that won't last long, which is appealing for different reasons.

Default Re: 10th and Shartel Midtown Apartments

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Actually The Edge and this development appeal to me right now because they are a little bit removed from the hustle and bustle...but that won't last long, which is appealing for different reasons.
    That's interesting. It always seems amazingly quiet when I am at the brownstones or walking through DD (except for the construction). Feels like MT is going towards more of a true mixed use / bar hopping type district.

3. Default Re: 10th and Shartel Midtown Apartments

No, I agree DD is quiet. I was just meaning being away from the traffic of Walnut and other streets, the bustle of Bricktown, the arena and such. Midtown RIGHT NOW is much more quiet and laid back, in general, than this side of downtown. That said, I agree that Midtown is not going to stay that way. That is why I said "but that won't last long, which is appealing for different reasons."

Default Re: 10th and Shartel Midtown Apartments

okctalk getting some love from Milhaus on their facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/milhausdeve...84513058226225

Default Re: 10th and Shartel Apartments

A couple more detailed renderings:

That is massive!

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    That is massive!
    At 327 units it will be significantly larger than the Edge at 252 or Level at 222.

The Metropolitan will be slightly bigger yet at 330 units.

Downtown Housing Summary - OKCTalk

HangryHippo Guest

I had no idea how massive complex this complex is going to be. That is a huge development.

Blog Entries

When we first heard about the Edge, who thought to themselves, a bigger one is on the way? Perhaps more surprising, who would have thought that if there were to be a bigger one, that it would be to the WEST?

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    When we first heard about the Edge, who thought to themselves, a bigger one is on the way? Perhaps more surprising, who would have thought that if there were to be a bigger one, that it would be to the WEST?
    The Metropolitan being slightly bigger and, in particular, its location surprises me too. That's the one I can't wait for because it's in a spot that's seen by a majority driving down 235.

Blog Entries

Agreed, that was also quite surprising.

12. Default Re: 10th and Shartel Apartments

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOne View Post
    I had no idea how massive complex this complex is going to be. That is a huge development.
    Same. The old renderings don't even hint at the same scale that you get from the new perspectives. The article talked about how the layout was something unique to our urban residential development and I couldn't quite appreciate that then.

Wow! That's massive

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Wow! That's massive
    I was mightily tempted to respond to this with a silly, puerile "That's what she said" joke, but fortunately maturity won out and I restrained the urge. I'm so proud of myself!

Wow, three courtyards no less...

What is the Quiet Courtyard? Is this where people read books, practice yoga, and rehearse their mime routines? Do they hire a couple of librarians to go around and say "Shhhhh" to people who talk too loudly?

Quote Originally Posted by Praedura View Post
    Wow, three courtyards no less...

What is the Quiet Courtyard? Is this where people read books, practice yoga, and rehearse their mime routines? Do they hire a couple of librarians to go around and say "Shhhhh" to people who talk too loudly?

Check out the very generous pedestrian space along 10th and along Shartel. Pavers?

And it's particularly large right at the corner:

(zoomed in image from one of the renderings)

Maybe a first floor cafe/restaurant with outdoor tables/seating?

Wow, this is my first time looking at this thread. Is this actually been approved and will be built as shown here? It's hard to believe from that rendering that this is actually going to be built in OKC. Really exciting stuff being announced for Midtown. While right now I am somewhat underwhelmed by the current state of Midtown, as long as the economy holds up that situation should be very different in the latter half of the decade.

It occurs to me that now that we have all this new residential popping up along Shartel (and Francis, but that's just one block over) that it would be *GREAT* if the streetcar were to go just a little bit further west in the upper Midtown loop so that it could service all these new developments.

In other words, drop down from 11th to 10th via Shartel instead of Dewey.

I know, I know... it's a little late in the discussion for this. Still, it would be awesome for the route to go just a few blocks farther west and pick up all the new action.

This is going to be a great project! Any word on what they are going to do on floor-plans? Mostly one and two bedrooms? I hope they design-out a bit and maybe throw in some studios, 3 and 4 bedroom units. Any indication on what the apartments will start at? Exciting times for living in the city core.

It occurs to me that now that we have all this new residential popping up along Shartel (and Francis, but that's just one block over) that it would be *GREAT* if the streetcar were to go just a little bit further west in the upper Midtown loop so that it could service all these new developments.

I know, I know... it's a little late in the discussion for this. Still, it would be awesome for the route to go just a few blocks farther west and pick up all the new action.
    These developments are a whole two blocks away. They'll be okay. Think about The Metropolitan...if only they could just scootch the streetcar up a few more blocks... Oh well, at least Phase II expansion is going to take it down 4th and that development will be two blocks away. Can't win everywhere.

The streetcar WiLL serve this area: it will only be a block or two away.

The streetcar route is fine. All of these large developments are on the exterior of the streetcar route by 1-3 blocks.

Steelyard: 0-2 blocks (one corner abuts the route directly)
    This project: 2 blocks
    Metropolitan: 2 blocks
    Maywood Apartments I: 2 blocks
    Maywood Apartments II: 3 blocks
    1201 Francis: 3 blocks

Wait until the rails are in the ground and developments such as these pop up directly on the interior or exterior of the route.

The City should contact all these developers and see if they are willing to pay for route extensions to their properties.

Coming south on Shartel and going east on 10th would be pretty expensive with the roundabout.

Thread Information