Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Buc-ee's

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Buc-ee's

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    I think this makes the most sense and have thought about this as well. That's the only perfect small stretch that carries both I40 and I35 traffic. OKC/ODOT would need to redo the MLK exit there at least extending the exit ramp or something.
    Too late. https://www.oklahoman.com/story/news...s/70421348007/

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    Well I'd love to know what the story is about, but I don't pay for that Oklahoman trash.

A story from June 2023 that says E-Express paid over $5 million for the property, is building a modern travel stop, dog park and multiple restaurants

^^ TYSM.

For what its worth, Austin and San Antonio don't even have a Buccee's yet. Now they do have one about halfway between the two metros, which makes the most sense. Putting one between Yukon and El Reno makes the most sense for Oklahoma. Next to Riverwind would be a close second, and then I would say between OKC and Shawnee.

From the very first time I heard rumors about a possible Buc ees location near Riverwind I questioned the location. I've been to many locations and one thing that is obvious with every location is traffic and lots of it (for obvious reasons). There just aren't many locations in OK that have enough nearby interstate and/or turnpike lanes to flow enough traffic to meet their needs. The area that's always seemed the most obvious for me, if it were to ever happen, would be 35/44/Turner area, around where QT is building.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bille View Post
    From the very first time I heard rumors about a possible Buc ees location near Riverwind I questioned the location. I've been to many locations and one thing that is obvious with every location is traffic and lots of it (for obvious reasons). There just aren't many locations in OK that have enough nearby interstate and/or turnpike lanes to flow enough traffic to meet their needs. The area that's always seemed the most obvious for me, if it were to ever happen, would be 35/44/Turner area, around where QT is building.
    How about I 35- I 40 on Reno across the river from Okana? Talk about a double draw to the area.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    How about I 35- I 40 on Reno across the river from Okana? Talk about a double draw to the area.
    Check out post #136.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    Check out post #136.
    Oops. Hadn’t read the previous string very far. Sorry for being redundant.

Looks like Kansas City, KS is getting a Buc-ee’s out by the Kansas Sppedway.

https://flatlandkc.org/news-issues/b...n-gas-station/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Elrenogolf View Post
    Looks like Kansas City, KS is getting a Buc-ee’s out by the Kansas Sppedway.

https://flatlandkc.org/news-issues/b...n-gas-station/
    Just in time for the Chiefs and Royals to join them.

I'm just convinced Oklahoma will never get one. No sense getting my hopes up any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by bison34 View Post
    I'm just convinced Oklahoma will never get one. No sense getting my hopes up any longer.
    Is there a weird law or policy on the books that makes Oklahoma less business friendly to Buc-ee's compared to Missouri or Arkansas...or Tennessee or Alabama? Do we have some obscure law that limits the number of gas pumps or selling of beaver nuggets on Sunday's?

Amarillo getting one because of Texas being the home market makes sense, but if Springfield Missouri can get one on I-44, you would think one at our interstate crossroads would get the same level, if not more foot traffic.

14. Default Re: Buc-ee's

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    Is there a weird law or policy on the books that makes Oklahoma less business friendly to Buc-ee's compared to Missouri or Arkansas...or Tennessee or Alabama? Do we have some obscure law that limits the number of gas pumps or selling of beaver nuggets on Sunday's?

Amarillo getting one because of Texas being the home market makes sense, but if Springfield Missouri can get one on I-44, you would think one at our interstate crossroads would get the same level, if not more foot traffic.
    Probably the "anti-price-gouging" selling below cost law.

Quote Originally Posted by bison34 View Post
    Some guy in KS was probably saying the same thing a month ago.

I personally don't get it. Its a cool vacation destination in Texas to go to the bathroom at, but if there was one built down the street from me it wouldn't be special anymore.

I remember when people were talking about getting a Bass Pro or Cabela's. Now we have both and they are owned by the same company.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Some guy in KS was probably saying the same thing a month ago.

I personally don't get it. Its a cool vacation destination in Texas to go to the bathroom at, but if there was one built down the street from me it wouldn't be special anymore.

I remember when people were talking about getting a Bass Pro or Cabela's. Now we have both and they are owned by the same company.
    True

I remember people on here talking about how okc will have made it when we get a Dave & Buster's. Since we've gotten one, I never hear it mentioned anymore.

17. Default Re: Buc-ee's

Quote Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    True

I remember people on here talking about how okc will have made it when we get a Dave & Buster's. Since we've gotten one, I never hear it mentioned anymore.
    Yes but soon you can gamble at them so people might be going back!

It's a privately held company based in Texas, it could literally be as simple as the owners trolling us by building one in every state but Oklahoma lol. I'm mostly joking but I'm also kind of not.

The owners determined Oklahoma is not a profitable market for their product. Pretty simple really.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    The owners determined Oklahoma is not a profitable market for their product. Pretty simple really.
    It may be simple but I'm not convinced that's the reason. It's a business built on interstate travelers. Oklahoma has 3 interstates converging in OKC with plenty of cross country travelers. Don't see how it couldn't be profitable.

I still think OnCue (or someone else) could build a similar concept in Oklahoma. OnCue pretty much copied QT because they saw an opportunity in the OKC market. QT didn't build in the OKC metro and 7-11 wasn't doing the job so OnCue filled that void. They could do it again with a buc-ee's style concept.

Everybody wants what other cities have.

I've mentioned this before, but when Dunkin Donuts came to Southern California, people lined up around the block. And all I could think of was, 'We had those in OKC and I don't think I've ever been'.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Everybody wants what other cities have.

I've mentioned this before, but when Dunkin Donuts came to Southern California, people lined up around the block. And all I could think of was, 'We had those in OKC and I don't think I've ever been'.
    Same for Sonic. I remember when one opened in Ontario and it was hugely popular.

The only thing I think I would go to a lot more if it came here versus going out of town would be Shake Shack. If we got an In N Out Burger, I would go to it on occasion. Maybe Eataly.

KHOU is reporting that Buccees is looking for land for a oklahoma location
    https://www.khou.com/article/feature...b-08fefd460c6a

25. Default Re: Buc-ee's

It's a dang gas station. I will never understand the fascination. I don't want to go inside either. It's just more time taken with crap i don't need. Get gas at the pump, leave. Mabye use the ATM if its a no sur-charage.

I will never understand the need for 50 pumps and 1/2 a walmart at a gas station.

If you are in the cult, man you've bought in and you'll buy the beaver gear/candy/etc. For those of us on the oustide.....just don't get it.

Thread Information