Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: REHCO / Former Downtown Ford site

1. Default Re: Downtown Ford Site

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Brzycki View Post
    That 22-acre mixed use development listed on bidclerk is for a project at Morgan Road & SW 44th.

The listing didn't say retail on ground floor, just multi-tenant housing and retail. Probably means apartment buildings and a convenience store.
    Ding ding ding. Probably another version of that apartment project across I-40 from the outlet mall u/c.

Default Re: Downtown Ford Site

I would love someone to come buy me out here.. I am probably next especially if the arena goes in here..

Quote Originally Posted by Reno and Walker View Post
    I would love someone to come buy me out here.. I am probably next especially if the arena goes in here..
    1041 Nw Grand Boulevard
    Oklahoma City, OK 73118

They might be interested in making you an offer.

Today demolition permits were issued for all the buildings on this site.

Hopefully we'll see some sort of construction announcement soon.

Here are all the properties owned by this group -- the one outlier is a tire shop that they are probably negotiating on.

The total acreage is just over 11 but they would almost certainly close SW 2nd which would give them a couple of more.

nice...

Closing 2nd Street would make sense. I don't like closing streets but with the new Boulevard replacing I-40 it would make using this land very difficult. Once the the Boulevard goes in I can see them closing 2nd between Lee and Walker as well.

8. Default Re: Downtown Ford Site

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry View Post
    Closing 2nd Street would make sense. I don't like closing streets but with the new Boulevard replacing I-40 it would make using this land very difficult. Once the the Boulevard goes in I can see them closing 2nd between Lee and Walker as well.
    Why not just use it as frontage? Typical OKC blocks are plenty, plenty large for development already.

The would certainly have to keep Hudson open and probably even Harvey -- at least to pedestrians.

I hope these guys have a lot of money behind them because this site is pivotal to not only the new downtown, but as an entre to Core to Shore.

It's also a fantastic location in general... Could be almost anything from hotel to condos to retail to office.

The would certainly have to keep Hudson open and probably even Harvey -- at least to pedestrians.

I hope these guys have a lot of money behind them because this site is pivotal to not only the new downtown, but as an entre to Core to Shore.

It's also a fantastic location in general... Could be almost anything from hotel to condos to retail to office.
    i agree i don't see anyway they would be allowed to close hudson even to car traffic ... but i do think it makes sense to close harvey and 2nd with harvey becoming a pedestrian gatway from the gardens to the new park

So has anyone heard any rumors of what will be built? All we have now is retail and housing, I am pretty sure somebody knows something?

12. Default Re: Downtown Ford Site

Fred Hall is not super-loaded, but somehow he was able to make the OCU deal happen until OCU backed out. I think that was $40-50M, so I'd say it's a safe guess that at the very least he can pull off a $50M project.

Well Bob Howard is in on it to, and its a joint venture, and I am pretty sure there are more people involved then just them...I am thinking $50M to $75M project...

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Fred Hall is not super-loaded...
    You have no idea who Fred Hall is do you. Not surprising, most people don't. He kind of flies under the radar. Not only is he super-loaded, he can bring a lot of resources to bear on projects he supports.

Didn't Bob Howard pull out of his Midtown projects a while back?

15. Default Re: Downtown Ford Site

Yeah, I'm also pretty sure this is more than just Hall and Howard. I wouldn't put the ceiling at $75M, I was just setting a realistic floor, I guess.

There is just absolutely no way to tell if they're thinking $50M or $200M.

You have no idea who Fred Hall is do you. Not surprising, most people don't. He kind of flies under the radar. Not only is he super-loaded, he can bring a lot of resources to bare on projects he supports. I would be surprised if this project comes in under $100 million.

Wow, just wow. Uh, yeah, I know who Fred is...

Also it's "to bear," and that was Banta who pulled out of Midtown a while back.

hopefully we we can have an announcement within the next few months, giving us something more solid to speculate on...

Let me rephrase that then - what do you consider super loaded? Keep in mind that Fred Hall derives his networth and income from private companies so places like Forbes have no idea how much he is worth so they don't report on it.

Fred Hall was CEO of the private-family owned company that owns the building OCU was going to move into.

18. Default Re: Downtown Ford Site

Oh, and one more thing Kerry, the project is going to surprise people either way...

That is for sure. In fact, I have been doing some quick investigative work (Fred Hall is kind of hard to track) and I wouldn't be surprised if this project turns out to be much bigger than we can imagine if he decides to bring all of his operations into one location.

You have no idea who Fred Hall is do you. Not surprising, most people don't. He kind of flies under the radar. Not only is he super-loaded, he can bring a lot of resources to bear on projects he supports.

he is still actively building in Midtown but at a slower pace with less flair

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    and that was Banta who pulled out of Midtown a while back.
    banta didn't "pull out" he was fired/kicked out of his partner ship with clag/howard

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    he is still actively building in Midtown but at a slower pace with less flair

banta didn't "pull out" he was fired/kicked out of his partner ship with clag/howard

That is what I remember - thanks BoulderSooner.

22. Default Re: Downtown Ford Site

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    Depends on who you talk to.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeOKC View Post
    Depends on who you talk to.
    depends on if you want to believe the truth .. or some one else's fiction

24. Default Re: Downtown Ford Site

Greg told the public he sold his interest on his own volition. Not sure if it's worth debating in light of what he said.

25. Default Re: Downtown Ford Site

That is for sure. In fact, I have been doing some quick investigative work (Fred Hall is kind of hard to track) and I wouldn't be surprised if this project turns out to be much bigger than we can imagine if he decides to bring all of his operations into one location.
    Oh yeah, well what did you "dig up" on Fred Hall, during the course of your quick investigative work?

Thread Information