Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Where did you live?

Default Re: Where did you live?

Moved from Tennessee to S.Williams st in El Reno in '68. Then from there to 12th & Western in OKC in '69, attended Kindergarten and first grade at Eugene Fields (When the building was still above ground). Moved to Edmond in '71, first to University and Washington streets, then the old Bronco apartments (now a parking lot), attended 2nd grade (twice) at Northern Hills, then we moved across town to Broadway and Colcord, and I attended 3rd and 4th grades at Russell Dougherty. In 1975 we moved from Edmond to NW 22nd and Santa Fe, and attended 5th and 6th grade at Kelley Elem, then Middle school at Highland West, Mid-high at Moore West, and graduated from Moore HS in 1984.
    Moved out of the metro area in 2000 to NE OK/SW MO

Quote Originally Posted by Willb View Post
    In 1975 we moved from Edmond to NW 22nd and Santa Fe,
    NW 22nd and Santa Fe in Moore.

I couldn't edit my post for some reason

Quote Originally Posted by Willb View Post
    I couldn't edit my post for some reason
    It takes a while after joining before the "edit" capability is added; I don't remember the details but if you continue to post, it won't take very long before you have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kyle View Post
    It takes a while after joining before the "edit" capability is added; I don't remember the details but if you continue to post, it won't take very long before you have it.
    Cool. Thank you, sir

I'm not sure if I have posted here yet, but I lived at I-240 and Sooner back in the '90s before moving away from OKC. Back then it seemed like that part of town was getting ready to take off. Today, it really hasn't changed all that much.

I've lived in a number of places, so to make a long story short I'll list the cities and schools with no time frame. Born Wynnewood, Pauls Valley, Sands Springs, Sperry, Skiatook, Tulsa, The Village, OKC, Warr Acres. Herbert Hoover jr high, John Marshall high school, and Pauls Valley high school.

OOPS! I forgot the elementary schools. Lee elementary Pauls Valley, Mark Twain (Sands Springs), Sperry and Skiatook only had one elementary(can't remember the names) don't remember the Tulsa grade school names, Andrew Johnson(the Village)

From early 1963 to Aug of 1974... 2331 SW 21. Just off of Agnew. My grandfather had owned Inland machine at 21st and Agnew and owned the house. We lived there for free as the machine shop needed someone available 24 hours. Be sold out in 1969. We stayed until my mother graduated an got a job teaching in Del city. I never complained that we moved out the year BEFORE desegretion started.

Thread Information