Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Dave and Buster's

Default Re: Dave & Buster's coming to OKC

Quote Originally Posted by okclee View Post
    But, Steve, .... This still doesn't solve the Dave & Buster problem with parking in Bricktown issue.
    I'd give you "rep" points for this, but we don't have that feature. Too bad. Good stuff, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by redrunner View Post
    Ever been to IHOP, Abuelo's, Hooters or Spaghetti Warehouse? ...not so much local.
    I guess it all depends on what someone means by 'local'. Even some of those chains are locally owned via franchising.

To me 'local' means can only be found locally. Although some of those national chain's franchises are locally owned, they're still considered national chains much like how McDonald's has locally owned franchises.

Local: Big Truck Tacos
    Not local: Taco Bell

Today the developers filed for a building permit for the Dave & Buster's building.

Looks like that may be the first thing to go in at this development site.

5. Default Re: Dave & Buster's coming to OKC

But Pete, they can't start construction - what about the parking problem in Bricktown?

That could be an issue....especially if they plan on charging for parking (j/k)

Quote Originally Posted by Larry OKC View Post
    That could be an issue....especially if they plan on charging for parking (j/k)
    Why, it hasn't been for anything else in Bricktown! (IF YOU BUILD IT, THEY WILL COME)

i give up...I was responding in kind to Steve's joke

Oh and in case you didn't notice, D&B is not in Bricktown...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Larry OKC View Post
    i give up...I was responding in kind to Steve's joke

Oh and in case you didn't notice, D&B is not in Bricktown...LOL
    Yeah, you guys were getting me confused. I was like, surely this thing wasn't switched to Bricktown...

I'm glad it's being built where it's being built. Something more than just Hooters (which now has a 4 beer limit for some stupid reason).

Yeah, it is a great location, I am WAY more likely to go on May&Exp than I am in Bricktown.

Same here

More specifics on their building permit...

$4,000,000 for 23,805 square feet.

Demolition permits were issued last Friday for the car dealership and the other buildings on that site.

Wouldn't be surprised if they were out there tearing them down today.

They've been dismantling the far north building for awhile at a snails pace. It appears they are recycling the steel, which is good

It will do well in NW OKC. Not my kind of place, but for its target audience, I bet they'll keep it packed

Drove by the site today and the big Smicklas building had been leveled. The far eastern building is completely gone.

I said eastern, I meant northern.

Figures. More new stuff coming to that area after we move to the other side of town! I'll still probably drive over to check it out though.

Drove by today and everything is leveled and graded.

19. Default Re: Dave & Buster's coming to OKC

The old Smicklas and whatever-the-name-was office building leveled. They are doing dirt work today and caught this picture out the window on my cell phone. Sorry, not the best quality but it's strange to see it like this.

Also, I hate rumor central, but I am going to play the game. I heard some good news today that, if true, means the current Borders location that's closing won't be empty long. The best news is it's a national retailer that hasn't been in Oklahoma. The same person told me another retailer (and another new to Oklahoma City) is in negotiations for the 30,000 sq. feet where Ballengers was in the very nice Country Club Plaza.

The next national retailer I would like to see is Restoration Hardware. They're a natural for the Classen Curve/Whole Foods area. I would be thrilled to see them locate there. Again, it's another store Tulsa has that we should have. We don't have any local stores that have similar merchandise and so I don't think it would compete.

21. Default Re: Dave & Buster's coming to OKC

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    The next national retailer I would like to see is Restoration Hardware. They're a natural for the Classen Curve/Whole Foods area. I would be thrilled to see them locate there. Again, it's another store Tulsa has that we should have. We don't have any local stores that have similar merchandise and so I don't think it would compete.
    That would be awesome. No question. The mind spins with so many possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    Pottery Barn / Pier 1 are comparable IMO. I'd rather see Z Gallerie.

Oh, not at all. Pier One is much lower quality, and Pottery Barn is slightly lower quality and very different in terms of merchandise.

Crate & Barrell would be better than all of those, IMO.

Yeah

Thread Information