Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Jack in the Box

Default Re: Jack in the Box????

I don't understand the allure of Jack in the Box, but I have a friend who will be eccstatic about this.

My wife, who is from Bakersfield, is also excited about this because they are all over out in California. I really don't remember too much about Jack-in the Box when they were here because it's been so long since then. Do any of you remember the one that was at SW 59th and Penn. I can recall going there in high school when 59th street was a popular cruising destination. I believe there is an Arby's there now.

KB, City Bites is not what i would really consider fast food.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerkev View Post
    Ummmm....yeah. You have left me nearly speechless with that comment. Not fast food? For the love of all things holy I hope you're being sarcastic...

5. Default Re: Jack in the Box????

Quote Originally Posted by MsProudSooner View Post
    I don't understand the allure of Jack in the Box, but I have a friend who will be eccstatic about this.
    im with you.

Quote Originally Posted by kbsooner View Post
    Seriously, another freaking fast food restaurant??? I'm so sick of this. I think the City of Moore really should consider a moratorium of fast food establishments in Moore. On either side of I-35 within a half mile of 19th, there are 16, 16!, fast food eateries.

City Bites, Taco Bell, Braums, Whataburger, Arby's, Sonic, Taco Mayo, Panda Express, Freddy's, Carl's Jr., Chick-Fil-A, Burger King, Subway, Quizno's, and TWO freaking McDonald's.

Yes Jack in the Box is EXACTLY what we need!!!!
    before you are forced to stick your own foot in your mouth, it may be helpful to know that there are countless threads on this site praising various eating establishments. in fact, a recent one praises a mobile taco stand ran by a korean couple.

that being said, its a reknown fact that okies love to fill their tummies with delicious food. fast food joint prominence could attributed to an array of factors: convienience, affordability, taste/addiction, weakened economy/fewer dining at more lavish restaurants.

but as far as the specific area in Moore you are targeting, theres two main reasons why there are so many there: the most basic reason is cause its along a stretch of I-35. The other reason is cause of the commericial magnitude that area has seen in just the last decade has been explosive. All of what you see is assuredly not the end as long as consumer bucks keep churning in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by kbsooner View Post
    Seriously, another freaking fast food restaurant??? I'm so sick of this.
    If you don't like it, move somewhere else. What I'm sick of is hearing people bitch and moan all the time. Maybe you should have bought all that land, instead of trying to dictate what it should be?

Quote Originally Posted by soonerkev View Post
    Well it has a drive-thru and is not a sit-down menu type place, so IMO its fast food.

But if your comment is an indictment on the speed of the service, then I am in agreement.

Actually City Bites is one of our favorites...

Quote Originally Posted by decepticobra View Post
    before you are forced to stick your own foot in your mouth, it may be helpful to know that there are countless threads on this site praising various eating establishments. in fact, a recent one praises a mobile taco stand ran by a korean couple.
    I am well aware of those threads and follow them closely as we frequent many Moore restaurants, but thanks for your concern for my foot's welfare. I am all for the various eating establishments, key word being VARIOUS. If the idea of the umpteenth fast food burger joint gets the locals in a tizzy, to each their own I guess. I just can't get excited about it. I'm more stoked for the Jimmy's Egg, Poblano Grill, and Louie's type places going in, this I I just can't see how JIB adds any value to the community with what we already have.

that being said, its a reknown fact that okies love to fill their tummies with delicious food. fast food joint prominence could attributed to an array of factors: convienience, affordability, taste/addiction, weakened economy/fewer dining at more lavish restaurants.
    Not really angling for lavish restaurants here, I think a moderately priced sit down would do fine. Guess we'll just have to wait for the area to mature a little while longer. I just fear that Moore will have a fast food graveyard in several years when the weak don't make the cut.

See ya BK!

I guess we'll still have to make our way done to Norman to get our "lavish" variety.

but as far as the specific area in Moore you are targeting, theres two main reasons why there are so many there: the most basic reason is cause its along a stretch of I-35. The other reason is cause of the commericial magnitude that area has seen in just the last decade has been explosive. All of what you see is assuredly not the end as long as consumer bucks keep churning in that area.
    I have to agree, the demographic and traffic is undeniable. Sadly it will probably work, but there has to be a tipping point for these guys to stay profitable in that area. If I were JIB, I would have rolled the dice and put the location off I-35 at Tecumseh. No immediate competition, new hospital/office complexes to serve, and the area looks to be the next for explosive growth. But who am I to argue against this guy!

My two cents here...

They're building because people will eat there. This is America. That's how it works. Besides, it will probably employ at least 30-40 people - all locals - and use local resources such as the local bread guy possibly local produce suppliers (don't know how JIB is, just know that Chick-fil-A does that) and countless different locally owned service companies, not to mention adding to the tax revenue.

As others have mentioned, if you're sick of quick-service restaurants, boycott them and encourage enough of your fellow OKC'ers to do the same and you'll see all of those blights close down.

Btw, I do see your point and write this kind of tongue-in-cheek, but as a Chick-fil-A owner/operator, I gotta defend my peeps, even if they are a competitor!

-dengar22

be careful using the phrase my two cents, one of the ogles might come knocking on your door

I see in the TW today that Jack in the Box will be returning to the Tulsa area. It stated the cities in which they were expanding, OKC was not on that list? Maybe it's just a rumor that OKC is getting them?

Quote Originally Posted by progressiveboy View Post
    I see in the TW today that Jack in the Box will be returning to the Tulsa area. It stated the cities in which they were expanding, OKC was not on that list? Maybe it's just a rumor that OKC is getting them?
    From the developers website: http://www.ddevelopment.com/pdf/leasing_15.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by progressiveboy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MrZ View Post

That does not necessarily mean it is set in stone. The developers probably have an intial agreement with Jack n The Box. We had the same information on this site about the Yukon JcPenney store and the Walgreens that was supposed to be built at Memorial and Macarthur. In the end Walgreens built at NW 122nd and Macarthur. JcPenney has still yet to build.

Well I do have confirmation that JOB is opening 4 Metro Locations, 1 in Moore, 1 in MWC and 2 in Norman. The company wants to open about 5-6 locations in the OKC area. My source is in todays online edition of OKC Business.

16. Default Re: Jack in the Box????

Default Jack in the Box

I saw in another thread about Jack in the Box coming to MWC, it said the location would be 29th and Air Depot. I'm trying to imagine where at that location there would be a spot for it????

Default Re: Jack in the Box

Oh I hope it's true!!!!

I know there is discussion in the Moore and MWC section about JIB coming to market. But the OKC Biz confirmed at least 4 metro area locations now.

OKCBiz > Jack in the Box plans to open four Oklahoma City-area locations

Jack in the Box plans to open four Oklahoma City-area locations
    Pamela A. Grady

Fast-food retailer Jack in the Box said Oct. 22 it is planning to expand its presence in the Oklahoma market by opening four Oklahoma City-area corporately owned locations along with two in the Tulsa area.

Jack in the Box has slowly entered the Oklahoma market during the past six years with three franchise locations in Ardmore, Ada and Durant.

The Oklahoma City-area locations Jack in the Box officials confirmed will include:

•Moore: SW 19th and Fritts Blvd.
    •Midwest City: SE 29th and Air Depot Blvd.
    •Norman: 12th Ave. and Main St. and 24th Ave. and Robinson St.
    In early October, Jack in the Box purchased a former car wash facility at 615 12th Ave. at the northeast corner of Main St. and 12th Ave. in Norman from N3 LLC for $807,500. The retailer plans to demolish the car wash and build a standalone prototype on site.

Brian Donahue, Mark Inman and Stuart Graham with CB Richard Ellis/Oklahoma handled negotiations for the Norman transaction.

'SEVERAL YEARS'
    Donahue, who represented Jack in the Box, said the fast-food retailer has actually been looking at properties in the Oklahoma market for several years. However, in 2005, the retailer put a hold on its search due to the large amount of fast food facilities in the market. Recently, the retailer has once again been eyeing the Oklahoma City market hoping to bring in five to six additional locations to the metro area.

"In the past year, we’ve been lining up sites for them,” Donahue said.

Norman patrons will have to wait a while to get their 99-cent tacos. Donahue says Jack in the Box has a few other deals in the pipeline that they would like to close the deal on.

“They’ve got one location in particular that they’re trying to finalize and close on,” Donahue said. “When they close that deal, they plan to open that location first.”

As for the Tulsa restaurant site, Donahue says building permits have already been approved and patrons may see an opening within the next six to nine months.

The retailer paid $610,000 for land at West Kenosha Street and Aspen Avenue in Broken Arrow earlier this fall.

The Tulsa locations will be at 41st and Highway 169 and the other at South Yale Avenue and Interstate 44.

20. Default Re: Jack in the Box

Only place I can think is next to Lowest...but I hope not.

There is also the sections of land to the north and to the east of the Circle K/Shell Station. Circle K may give up their Car Wash/Quick Lube if the price is right.

Quote Originally Posted by oneforone View Post
    There is also the sections of land to the north and to the east of the Circle K/Shell Station. Circle K may give up their Car Wash/Quick Lube if the price is right.
    I thought of that as well, but would it be big enough????

There is going to be one in Norman also. On 12th and Main.

While driving in the area tonight, I noticed that the area between the Circle K and Santa Fe is a good size for that type of development and there is a for lease sign up as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dop View Post
    There is going to be one in Norman also. On 12th and Main.
    Two actually. The other will go near 24th and Robinson
    (a nice addition to the quickie snarf options there.)

Thread Information