Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Hampton Inn

1. Default Re: 10-story Hampton Inn proposed for Bricktown

you're probably right about that one...

Default Re: 10-story Hampton Inn proposed for Bricktown

This is supposed to be a 10 story hotel, and the parking garage is 6 stories. So it should be getting bigger as construction continues, correct?

depends on the height of their stories. buildings fluctuate with the height of each floor. if you go back on page 5 where i posted pics from yesterday, you will count 10 floors. again, this is just what I could tell by taking the pics and counting in the photo. as you will see, the top floor is about 1/2 a story taller than the parking garage.

4. Default Re: 10-story Hampton Inn proposed for Bricktown

Yeah, the "floors" of the parking garage are just taller than each hotel floor. That's as tall as it will be.

Angry Re: 10-story Hampton Inn proposed for Bricktown

that's pretty lame. I was excited about a new edition to the skyline. sad that OKC is getting all its real estate close to downtown taken up by short buildings.

6. Default Re: 10-story Hampton Inn proposed for Bricktown

10 stories is not short. It's the tallest building in Bricktown.

I know it's going to be "10 stories", but if its pretty much the same height as the parking garage, then OKC is not expanding its skyline. I live in the DFW area and really tall buildings shoot up left and right all the time, so it I have a different look on things.

8. Default Re: 10-story Hampton Inn proposed for Bricktown

Tall buildings do not an urban district make.

9. Default Re: 10-story Hampton Inn proposed for Bricktown

^ I agree Yoda. This building is merely a basic infill project. In years to come, you'll be glad that the "Hampton" is not a distinguishing feature in Bricktown. Who wants to claim that as one of their iconic district buildings.

10. Default Re: 10-story Hampton Inn proposed for Bricktown

No one expects a Hampton Inn to add to the skyline. This is a very good project. Taller buildings will come.

Here's a photo I took on Friday, 3-7:

12. Default Re: 10-story Hampton Inn proposed for Bricktown

It looks as if they are adding one more floor? You can see the framing for what looks like another floor.

13. Default Re: 10-story Hampton Inn proposed for Bricktown

Quote Originally Posted by Architect2010 View Post
    It looks as if they are adding one more floor? You can see the framing for what looks like another floor.
    I belive it's just a facade to either hide some HVAC component or just allow room to display the Hampton name...

Look at the rendering on page one of this thread.

14. Default Re: 10-story Hampton Inn proposed for Bricktown

Oh ok... I see what your talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by ourulz2000 View Post
    I know it's going to be "10 stories", but if its pretty much the same height as the parking garage, then OKC is not expanding its skyline. I live in the DFW area and really tall buildings shoot up left and right all the time, so it I have a different look on things.
    Ok dude, let's compare the population of Dallas & its suburbs to the whole state population of Oklahoma. It's no wonder you have tallies shooting up left & right. OKC isn't on the level of Dallas.

Quote Originally Posted by ourulz2000 View Post
    This isn't Dallas, thank God!

Tall buildings do not an urban district make.
    Exactly. This thing could have been 5 stories and it would still have been more urban than the Residence Inn.

Oklahoma City is not less urban because of its lack of 50 story buildings. It is not urban because of its vast amount of real estate dedicated to surface parking lots and, in many cases, empty voids between developments.

I think the City should require the owners of the parking garage to install a brick covering over the hideous brick-colored paint! It sticks out like a sore thumb!

I think the red paint was actually a compromise.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I think the red paint was actually a compromise.
    Who owns that parking garage? I've heard it was Kirk.

21. Default Re: 10-story Hampton Inn proposed for Bricktown

Nope. Marsh Pitman is the owner. Humphreys was a partner in buying the property, but he sold his share when he ran for mayor - before the garage was built.

Weather was nice so I did a bike around downtown OKC today (I later learned this was not a good idea to do why your sick). I took tons of pics I'll put in other threads, but I got some pics from unique angles of the Hampton Inn I could not have got by car.

Enjoy!

Would be awesome if they would have built balconies on the side facing the ballpark!

Quote Originally Posted by JLCinOKC View Post
    Would be awesome if they would have built balconies on the side facing the ballpark!
    Great idea! Has anyone seen architectural renderings of the ballpark side of the hotel?

25. Default Re: 10-story Hampton Inn proposed for Bricktown

Quote Originally Posted by JLCinOKC View Post
    I'm not sure the Redhawks would like people getting to see games for free. However, people who live around Wrigley Field in Chicago build seating decks on their roofs, so it wouldn't be unprecedented.

Thread Information