Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: 1204 N. Hudson (formerly Arrive Hotel)

Default Re: 1204 N. Hudson (formerly Arrive Hotel)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5539.jpeg 
Views:	179 
Size:	2.05 MB 
ID:	18456

I like Rand, and I believe he's the top architect in OKC, but this is the least exciting design in his portfolio, IMO.

For whatever reason - this building was listed for Sale on CoStar this week.

Quote Originally Posted by CitySooner View Post
    Saw it on loopnet too but didn't see a price. Did you see a price on CoStar?

Quote Originally Posted by CitySooner View Post
    Maybe Pivot needs to sell it to fund their other projects

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    Maybe Pivot needs to sell it to fund their other projects
    Living up to their name pretty well.

I wish they stuck with their hotel plan, the current building looks bland, and OKC doesn't need more office spaces, a boutique hotel is much better for Midtown.

Quote Originally Posted by Oski View Post
    I wish they stuck with their hotel plan, the current building looks bland, and OKC doesn't need more office spaces, a boutique hotel is much better for Midtown.
    Is it, though? Is the demand there, have studies been done, etc., or is that just a personal preference?

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Is it, though? Is the demand there, have studies been done, etc., or is that just a personal preference?
    Take a quick look at Loopnet and see how many office spaces are still waiting to be filled. So, we don't need more empty offices for sure. Now, boutique hotel, how many cool boutique hotels do we have in OKC? Not that many, and they're pretty busy if ran properly, Bradford House, is one of the examples. Sometimes, you need to do your own market study, you're welcome!

Take a quick look at Loopnet and see how many office spaces are still waiting to be filled. So, we don't need more empty offices for sure. Now, boutique hotel, how many cool boutique hotels do we have in OKC? Not that many, and they're pretty busy if ran properly, Bradford House, is one of the examples. Sometimes, you need to do your own market study, you're welcome!
    I don't care enough about either segment of our economy that much to do the research, thanks for replying, though - now I know it wasn't just a personal preference with no facts backing it (as so many posts on here are, which, before I get flamed, yes, I know, that's part of the purpose of a discussion board ).

Blog Entries

There is a fair amount of office space, but you make a sweeping opinion. Markets aren’t monoliths. There are many sub-sects of the market. What is the demand for new class A space in contiguous space? Or, small class A new spaces? Or in a specific area. Etc, etc. Broad sweeping theories and anecdotal evidence doesn’t equal analysis. Simplicity in analysis doesn’t equal accuracy. Opinion doesn’t equal facts. Same goes for the hospitality market.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    I don't care enough about either segment of our economy that much to do the research, thanks for replying, though - now I know it wasn't just a personal preference with no facts backing it (as so many posts on here are, which, before I get flamed, yes, I know, that's part of the purpose of a discussion board ).
    Sure, we're here to voice our opinions on what we think could be better ideas for various areas of the city. They're all personal opinions, and that's what I prefer to read most of the time. Some folks seem to expect every post to be fact-checked with the rigor of a Wall Street Journal investigation. If I say, "I think A has the best burger," they'll come back with, "Why did you think so? Based on what? Did you conduct a survey? How large was the sample size?" It's like a never-ending interrogation (and an attempt to flaunt one's intellectual prowess)! And if you get flamed in an online forum, that's no good. The internet doesn't seem to have many smart people like you.

The loopnet listing said it was 60% leased. I would assume that only includes JE Dunn and Resolution Legal Group. So, if a company were to come in and operate out the remaining 40% (less than that as there is group floor retail), then it would a good deal because you have two tenants doing their own build out and signing long term leases. For any other buildings, it wouldn't make sense, but for something like this, it does make sense.

Blog Entries

Sure, we're here to voice our opinions on what we think could be better ideas for various areas of the city. They're all personal opinions, and that's what I prefer to read most of the time. Some folks seem to expect every post to be fact-checked with the rigor of a Wall Street Journal investigation. If I say, "I think A has the best burger," they'll come back with, "Why did you think so? Based on what? Did you conduct a survey? How large was the sample size?" It's like a never-ending interrogation (and an attempt to flaunt one's intellectual prowess)! And if you get flamed in an online forum, that's no good. The internet doesn't seem to have many smart people like you.
    There’s a big difference between stating a preference in what you as an individual prefer in food and an evaluation of real estate prospects. Both are opinions but one is based on personal taste and the other is an industry or enterprise evaluation. Asking what leads to a stated conclusion isn’t flaunting anything… just asking what was considered in the evaluation and whether it was comprehensive and professional, or just a flat out opinion. Postings from subject experts weigh much more heavily imho. To your point, in the world of the internet, everyone thinks they are an expert on every subject and can post anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    There’s a big difference between stating a preference in what you as an individual prefer in food and an evaluation of real estate prospects. Both are opinions but one is based on personal taste and the other is an industry or enterprise evaluation. Asking what leads to a stated conclusion isn’t flaunting anything… just asking what was considered in the evaluation and whether it was comprehensive and professional, or just a flat out opinion. Postings from subject experts weigh much more heavily imho. To your point, in the world of the internet, everyone thinks they are an expert on every subject and can post anything.
    This is where some of us differ. Many people don't come here to discuss real estate prospects; we're here to explore how to make this city more elegant and livable. I could go to Manhattan and assert that it doesn't need more office buildings; it needs more pickleball courts or water fountains. So, I might say, "NYC doesn't need more office spaces; a water fountain would be much better for Manhattan." It may not be true economically, but it may reflect what many NYC residents desire—a water fountain. It's a statement that doesn't require conclusions drawn from real estate market research. I'm indifferent to the current office market, etc., and I only feel the strong need to elaborate when discussing deals with my partners. Explaining to strangers isn't wise, especially to those who love to ask 'gotcha' questions; they pretend they want to learn more about the subject, but all they want is to flex or to deliver a punch. 'Gotcha' questions are easy to spot. In my opinion, in the world of the internet, people are free to post whatever they believe. If you can understand what they truly mean, great, start the conversation in that direction, if interested. If you don't like it, ignore; don't attempt to educate strangers. It's hard to determine who's the expert anyway; degrees or experience don't necessarily confer expertise. For real estate, if you back your claims with successful investments and more hits than misses, then consider yourself an expert.

This is where some of us differ. Many people don't come here to discuss real estate prospects; we're here to explore how to make this city more elegant and livable. I could go to Manhattan and assert that it doesn't need more office buildings; it needs more pickleball courts or water fountains. So, I might say, "NYC doesn't need more office spaces; a water fountain would be much better for Manhattan." It may not be true economically, but it may reflect what many NYC residents desire—a water fountain. It's a statement that doesn't require conclusions drawn from real estate market research. I'm indifferent to the current office market, etc., and I only feel the strong need to elaborate when discussing deals with my partners. Explaining to strangers isn't wise, especially to those who love to ask 'gotcha' questions; they pretend they want to learn more about the subject, but all they want is to flex or to deliver a punch. 'Gotcha' questions are easy to spot. In my opinion, in the world of the internet, people are free to post whatever they believe. If you can understand what they truly mean, great, start the conversation in that direction, if interested. If you don't like it, ignore; don't attempt to educate strangers. It's hard to determine who's the expert anyway; degrees or experience don't necessarily confer expertise. For real estate, if you back your claims with successful investments and more hits than misses, then consider yourself an expert.
    All of this is why I don’t post 5x’s more than I do. I’ve recently been trying to be less “data driven” in my OKCTalk-ing habits just because certain posters - myself included at times - get all haughty over the most passing of comments. It gets stressful and makes it feel like a chore to read any thread or engage with any conversation, even when involving topics of personal passion.

Blog Entries

Or if one stays at a Holiday Inn Express, they are an expert. Lol. In this internet word of social media there is no fact, no intelligence, no expertise, no education…. Just opinion and everybody is equally informed and intelligent in their own mind.

Or if one stays at a Holiday Inn Express, they are an expert. Lol. In this internet word of social media there is no fact, no intelligence, no expertise, no education…. Just opinion and everybody is equally informed and intelligent in their own mind.
    It seems like there's a disconnect here. Staying at a budget hotel doesn't necessarily correlate with someone's intellectual capacity. I understand where you're coming from; intelligence and experience manifest in various ways, and many exceptionally bright and seasoned individuals choose not to showcase their achievements. It's essential to recognize that brilliance isn't always loud or flashy. There are countless individuals out there with immense wisdom and intelligence who simply prefer a more understated approach.

Blog Entries

It seems like there's a disconnect here. Staying at a budget hotel doesn't necessarily correlate with someone's intellectual capacity. I understand where you're coming from; intelligence and experience manifest in various ways, and many exceptionally bright and seasoned individuals choose not to showcase their achievements. It's essential to recognize that brilliance isn't always loud or flashy. There are countless individuals out there with immense wisdom and intelligence who simply prefer a more understated approach.
    I guess you may not have seen the tv ads.

23. Default Re: 1204 N. Hudson (formerly Arrive Hotel)

I guess you may not have seen the tv ads.
    I noticed that joke went way over his head too... haha!

^^^^
    Makes me wonder how old that ad is? 20 years?

^^^ Sorry guys, no time to watch tv ads. You guys seem to know a lot (and definitely have a lot of time in your hands), but I'm sure that there are tons of things you have no clue. I don't make joke, btw.

Thread Information