Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Broadway 10

Default Re: Broadway 10

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    I think the confluence of steaks and sushi is a nice twist. It isn't completely without precedent; Japanese steakhouses do it (locally Musashi's is an example), and Mickey Mantle's - while not doing actual sushi - often features sashimi-grade tuna. Ideologically it also meshes with having tartare on the menu, and Broadway 10 is one of the few places in town to feature tartare.
    Also an option for those of us who are not carnivorous, but need options. Am going with my mom tomorrow for lunch so will report back with a review. Wish there were a menu posted somewhere. Their website only has a landing page, and there's no menu posted to their fb page as of yet. I like to know what I'm going into, particularly since my options are limited. Places titled "chop house" usually aren't too plant-friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by FritterGirl View Post
    Also an option for those of us who are not carnivorous, but need options. Am going with my mom tomorrow for lunch so will report back with a review. Wish there were a menu posted somewhere. Their website only has a landing page, and there's no menu posted to their fb page as of yet. I like to know what I'm going into, particularly since my options are limited. Places titled "chop house" usually aren't too plant-friendly.
    This was posted further upthread with photos of the menu:

Broadway 10 - OKCTalk

ZOMG PAID PARKING!! Someone needs to fix this!
    Quick...TEAR SOMETHING DOWN AND PUT IN A SURFACE LOT NEARBY!
    Thanks for the laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    This was posted further upthread with photos of the menu:

Broadway 10 - OKCTalk
    Thanks, Pete! Looks like salad and maybe a side are in order.

This article by Steve is accompanied by a great video featuring interviews with Jeff Dixon and Aaron Soward. The video gives the best feel yet for the space and it looks amazing.

Broadway 10 Bar & Chophouse opens at the heart of Automobile Alley | NewsOK.com

Lunched there with my mom today. WOW! Is all I can say. The atmosphere is really one of the best in the city, and that was just for lunch!

The architects and designers did a spectacular job and left no detail un-turned. From the placement of the bar vis-a-vis the main dining area to the furniture appointments, ceiling beams and fantastic circular light fixtures, everything screams top notch. A private dining room separated by glass from the main dining area features large black and white images of old Buicks, so they are really paying homage to the building's roots in subtle ways. Even the light fixtures could be said to resemble white wall tires (if you stretch your imagination a bit).

Since I'm not a carnivore, I asked our server if I could do a combo plate of side veggies as a meal. He said yes, and they allowed me to choose four sides to create a complete meal. Mom ended up doing the same, and the portions were HUGE. Both of us came home with goody bags.

I got the Brussels (had a bit of bacon in them, whoops), the corn with Chile Verde, the mushrooms and the cauliflower. All were beautifully presented on a single plate (again - HUGE portions), and spectacularly seasoned. I know a lot of people would think "oh, it's just vegetables," but trust me, there are plenty of places that overlook the possibility that some folks eat vegetables as a meal so often give them second shrift when it comes to seasoning.

Per my mom, who had also been there with friends during the soft opening week, many of the wait staff were personally recruited as "best of the best" from other restaurants. so management is putting a premium on high quality service.

While this likely won't be a regular stop on my dining card except for celebratory occasions (we're just more casual diners), as a whole, this is a spectacular new spot for Oklahoma City, and the ambiance really speaks to another locale. I even had a few shock and awe moments of nostalgia, thinking "this is really the OKC I grew up in??? (Urbanized knows what this means).

All in all, I'd say it's a fantastic new addition and the perfect endcap for the north side of Automobile Alley.

Thanks for the review!

I think this is one of those rare occasions where something actually exceeds already high expectations.

8. Default Re: Broadway 10

Tell your mom hi FritterGirl. Some of my best Christmas memories as a young adult involve you and your folks!

Can someone take a picture of the menu and post it? I called and asked about their lunch today, said it ranged from $9 to $55.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10 menu.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	74.6 KB 
ID:	9886 it was posted earlier in the thread so sorry about the glare but Primal cuts were fillet mignon 25, ribeye 23 and the rest should all be visiblie

That bar is truly fantastic. Can't wait to prop myself up on it.
    My nephew is a bar tender there. He's very impressed with the entire setup.

This place is all kinds of awesome:

Beautiful.

I've heard mixed reviews about this place from friends. Some where not impressed at all. I told them they should have waited a little while so all the kinks could be worked out. Has anyone been lately?

14. Default Re: Broadway 10

I attended a soft opening lunch a couple of weeks ago and was very impressed. Had sushi, tartare, and a really nice filet.

Visited again a couple of nights ago for cocktails. Had meatballs (really excellent) and a rainbow roll (great fish, although construction was spotty with some fall-apart). Pours were good on the drinks. Whiskey and other rocks drinks appropriately served with a single giant sphere of ice.

Bar staff was friendly, however we noted that they had a progressively harder time keeping up as the place filled (we got there before 5 and the crowd was light but by the time we left it was picking up). I was there with a respected bartender who has worked at upscale and high-volume places, and it was interesting so see the breakdown from that perspective. They're obviously still finding their rhythm.

Overall it was still a great experience. Makes sense that they are still to completely hit their stride; nevertheless there was nothing to dissuade me from coming again, and often. It is already one of OKC's great SPACES and I think soon to be (if not already) one of the city's finest restaurants.

Blog Entries

Reservations at 6pm Sat, show at 8pm. We were out by 7:35 (party of 8), made the show on time. Had the pork chops and meatballs. Very yum.

Ambience and service excellent. Food not so much - not worth the price point. Red don't have anything to be worried about if you want a good steak.

I ate here tonight. We had three sushi dishes, the burrata and the fish of the day - sea bass, the salmon, the mashed potatoes and the au gratin potatoes as well as several drinks. All the food was superb, including the sushi, which surprised us. We ordered one roll as an appetizer, and it was so good that two people in my group ordered sushi as their main course. I couldn't find fault with a single dish - we were very impressed. No one ordered steak so I cannot comment on it. Red Prime has excellent appetizers as well, and since I've never had anything but steak at Red Prime, I can't really compare. I think it's great we have two excellent restaurants like these on Auto Alley.

hoping this is a winner for the owners and OKC!! One of the owners (A Soward) is a graduate of the OSU School of Hotel and Restaurant Administration and a fraternity brother to my sons (Sigma Phi Epsilon). OSU has produced some great food people including Ken Hess with Big Bob's BBQ in Alabama (also a Sig Ep!!).

Ate here Friday night.

We had a decent sized party, and a few people arrived early. They seated them and got their drinks without hesitation. We all got appetizers, and everyone seemed impressed with them. I had the burrata and it was excellent. My wife got the 8oz filet, med rare, And it was cooked perfectly. I had the ribeye, and it was a thinner cut. I asked for it rare, it was closer to medium, but I didn't complain. It was very good, prime beef and tender. They offer sauces, but I generally avoid that sort of thing on a quality cut. I had the Gorgonzola Mac and cheese, and it was very robust in terms of the cheese. Don't get it if you aren't a bleu cheese fan. Wife had the mashed potatoes and they were outstanding.

We finished with the creme brûlée and it was also delicious. It's a generous portion as well.

Overall, the drinks, food, service and ambiance were great. I will be back for sure.

Great atmosphere
    Steaks were average
    First chophouse I've ever been to that didn't have a NY Strip or TBone on the menu. That needs to be rectified if I'm going back. A choice of either a filet or ribeye does not suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by foodiefan View Post
    hoping this is a winner for the owners and OKC!! One of the owners (A Soward) is a graduate of the OSU School of Hotel and Restaurant Administration and a fraternity brother to my sons (Sigma Phi Epsilon). OSU has produced some great food people including Ken Hess with Big Bob's BBQ in Alabama (also a Sig Ep!!).
    The main owner (the money guy) is a former state senator and the guy behind 1-800-2-Sell Homes

How do the steaks stack up to say Red Prime or The Ranch?

Quote Originally Posted by Rom View Post
    Great atmosphere
    Steaks were average
    First chophouse I've ever been to that didn't have a NY Strip or TBone on the menu. That needs to be rectified if I'm going back. A choice of either a filet or ribeye does not suffice.
    I was a little surprised by the limited choices on cut too. I hope they expand their options as they get more in the groove.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    How do the steaks stack up to say Red Prime or The Ranch?
    Haven't been to the Ranch, but Red is hard to beat. It's a touh comparison, because Red has a trendier feel and maybe slightly better steaks. B10 has a more formal, big city vibe, with great service, outstanding cocktails, but narrower steak options. Depends on the experience you want, I would say.

They can't touch the quality or flavor of The Ranch. Atmosphere is good or better than Red Prime but RP has better choice and better steaks.

Thread Information