Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: New waterpark theme park announced

Default Re: New waterpark theme park announced

Quote Originally Posted by kd5ili View Post
    Maybe it's just me but...

Two regular Pre-Season passes: $149.98 total
    One Platinum Pass so you can bring the second person: $199.99

Uh....hmmmmm

Meanwhile the good folks of Schlitterbahn in New Braunfels. 65 acres at the main park plus 25 acres at the East expansion, with more than 40 water rides and family attractions in six named areas. The large collection of rides includes three uphill water coasters, nine tube chutes, 17 water slides, family wave pool, five swimming pools, five hot tubs, seven children's water playgrounds, plus water and sand volleyball courts. They charge the following:

General Season Pass (12 - 54 years) $129.99
    Child Season Pass (3 - 11 years at the time of purchase) $89.99
    Senior Season Pass (55+ years at the time of purchase) $89.99
    3 Park Platinum Season Pass (Summer Season only - ages 3+) $249.99

C'mon....

Chris Sokol
    Sokol Photography
    For those that think the price is too high, especially compared to the water parks in Texas--Drive Safe!

Quote Originally Posted by rcjunkie View Post
    For those that think the price is too high, especially compared to the water parks in Texas--Drive Safe!

Don"t have to look that far for whats being offered for the price.Maybe Norman and Moore residents will pay more for the convience, but no one else will.

My jaw dropped when they showed those prices. There's no market that I know of in this area that would be stupid enough to spend so much for such a tiny little water park. It's probably still cheaper at this price point to drive to Texas or Branson and go to a MUCH larger park, or if convenience is an issue then WWB is still close enough.

They've probably sold a few passes to people who don't know better, but I seriously doubt they'll sell enough to stay in business with these prices. It kinda seems like they want to high ball the community and wait till closer to opening before they are forced to lower the price.

they posted up to date pictures on their facebook, so far the river canal thing is being dug up. I was the one on here all for it and hoping that it will one day grow into a big park, but for the season pass price they are currently offering for what they will have on the first season, well its kinda crazy. I wonder what the one day admission price will be, does anybody know yet?

Seems to be modeled after this: http://cowabungabay.com/season-passes

Day passes are $23 for adults there.

I drove by today to see the place for myself and snapped some photos. You can see them here: http://imgur.com/a/dZrzS
    It looks like it will be pretty compact. The lazy river is very tightly wound on itself. Hopefully they're leaving room for expansion. Anyone know anything more about the pricing? I think their site has been down for weeks now. Looks like they're having to rethink their business model. I hope they have enough business acumen to actually survive their first season. If they try to play games with the pricing this early then they'll be in trouble.

Btw, did anyone else see there's another small water park opening in OK this year in Clinton? You can see it here: http://www.facebook.com/water.zoo.clinton?sk=wall
    I think they've got a much better concept, but what a terrible location.

7. Default Re: New waterpark theme park announced

Nice pix.

As for the water park in Clinton, they got shocking pictures posted. An indoor water park with the slides also going through the windows to outside. Terrible location for us, yes, but not to the thousands of people living up there.

here is construction pics from andy alligators facebook page, it gives a close up look to it http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...0936154&type=1

9. Default Re: New waterpark theme park announced

Quote Originally Posted by shavethewhales View Post
    Btw, did anyone else see there's another small water park opening in OK this year in Clinton? You can see it here: http://www.facebook.com/water.zoo.clinton?sk=wall
    I think they've got a much better concept, but what a terrible location.
    The indoor park theme should have been done here. Up north many hotel chains are doing this to keep business going through the winter. Even those in non-ideal locations are doing it. If Andy Alligators goes through with their previous pricing, I can see them being out of business in 3-4 years. I would love to see a new hotel chain or even someone like Holiday Inn, rebuild their Norman location in UNP with a new water park attached. Heck, modify the existing one and tear down the movie theater. :-P

well i think andy alligator waterpark might have some problems. The city of moore is planning on a 44 plus million dollar city parks plan, and 10 million is set aside for buck thomas park, which has been mentioned before that a planned earlywine type waterpark would be built at that park since they recently added 50 more acres to buck thomas park, which is all still undeveloped. there will be more info in a meeting in feb.

Just an update on this project: From their facebook it sounds like they have vastly rethought their pricing and are now stating that it will be around $18.95 for those over 48", $15.95 for those under 48", and toddlers 2 & under are free. However prices may still change some before opening. Doesn't sound like you will have to buy a pass to get in anymore.

This is a much better plan, and they will excel in their niche with this pricing point. I'm glad someone was able to talk some sense into them.

They also have a lot of new construction photos on their facebook page now. It's at the stage where things are really flying together now. They probably have some slides starting to go up by now.

Quote Originally Posted by shavethewhales View Post
    Just an update on this project: From their facebook it sounds like they have vastly rethought their pricing and are now stating that it will be around $18.95 for those over 48", $15.95 for those under 48", and toddlers 2 & under are free. However prices may still change some before opening. Doesn't sound like you will have to buy a pass to get in anymore.

This is a much better plan, and they will excel in their niche with this pricing point. I'm glad someone was able to talk some sense into them.

They also have a lot of new construction photos on their facebook page now. It's at the stage where things are really flying together now. They probably have some slides starting to go up by now.
    Buying a season pass was only an option, they always planned on having 1 day admission rates.

Pics from you southsiders?

14. Default Re: New waterpark theme park announced

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Pics from you southsiders?
    Go to their facebook page. It is link in this thread. Of course you could always drive down here and see it yourself. :-)

I will when I have a need to go down there, but I post plenty of pics of DT and north side for the rest of you. Would be nice if we had a southsiders to take time to take pics of southsiders progress.

Quote Originally Posted by rcjunkie View Post
    Buying a season pass was only an option, they always planned on having 1 day admission rates.
    I seem to remember them specifically saying originally that season passes would be the only option, but I don't care enough to actually track down the source. That was what the big ruckus was about over the last couple of pages. Their original model was probably to attempt to force loyalty in their customers and make them feel the need to return several times to get their money's worth. This model actually focuses on getting more individual gate admissions. Maybe they were worried about overcrowding originally, but with the original prices I'd be surprised if they got a couple of people a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Nice pix.

As for the water park in Clinton, they got shocking pictures posted. An indoor water park with the slides also going through the windows to outside. Terrible location for us, yes, but not to the thousands of people living up there.
    NO need to bash the location of my hometown... (i was born and raised there) i was as shocked as you were when they announced they were building there. The reason for building it there is because the person who is funding the project is from Clinton, and has built a lot of stuff there already (hotels, restraunts). He wants to make Clinton more attractable apparently.

Blog Entries

I haven't looked at this thread in months, so sorry if pics have already been posted, but I took this from afar this morning...

Blog Entries

Blurry pic, but you should be able to tell the progress...

IMAG0053.jpg

Blog Entries

5/6/12

IMG_3660.jpg

There's some debris from construction in the forefront, but here's a little bit better picture.

waterPark.jpg

Prices have been announced for the Waterpark in Clinton, from their Facebook page....

Daily Admission
    $21.99 Guests shorter than 48"
    $31.99 Guests taller than 48"
    Under age 3 FREE

Daily Admission AFTER 5PM
    $15.99 Guests shorter than 48"
    $21.99 Guests taller than 48'"

3 month Consecutive Pass (All Months except June, July, August)
    $119.00 Individual
    $299.00 Family of 4 ($75.00 for each additional family member)

PARTY LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Birthday Package Includes:

1 hour in a private party room
    10 admission tickets
    10 drinks
    20 slices of Hunt Brother’s Pizza

$250 + Tax

$99.00 + Tax for each Additional 5 Guests
    (Tickets, Drinks, Pizza Included)

Pricing and package details subject to change.

Thread Information