Widgets Magazine
Page 59 of 60 FirstFirst ... 954555657585960 LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 1492

Thread: Classen Curve

Default Re: Classen Curve

Classen Curve neighbors say owners are betraying promises with expansion plans

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/news...n/71566737007/

I know The Oklahoman links are a little frowned upon here, but I couldn't find this report on any other news outlet.

^

Some neighbors are upset but what Washington Prime is planning to do in removing the fountains for more retail space is completely within their rights under the PUD that was approved years ago.

They do not have to seek any approval other than a building permit, which is a procedural and building code issue, and nothing else.

So, they can complain all they want but it won't change anything.

You would think they would get all the vacant space leased out before investing more. Otherwise sure makes sense. Classen Curve has always been a weird spot that's never really lived up to the potential IMO as cool as it is. So much vacant space still after all these years. I realize it's come a long way but it has also been a very slow development considering it's 15 years old now.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCRealtor View Post
    You would think they would get all the vacant space leased out before investing more. Otherwise sure makes sense. Classen Curve has always been a weird spot that's never really lived up to the potential IMO as cool as it is. So much vacant space still after all these years. I realize it's come a long way but it has also been a very slow development considering it's 15 years old now.
    They are very close to full capacity and any vacancy is quickly replaced by another great national tenant.

When Washington Prime took over, CC was mainly local tenants, most of which were highly subsidized by Aubrey McClendon with Chesapeake funds. WP had to replace almost all of them when they either defaulted (many had been behind under CHK ownership) or could not/would not pay market rates when their leases expired. I won't name all the new tenants Washington Prime has signed, but it's a long list. They've also done a fantastic job with Nichols Hills Plaza.

The only real vacancy is the old Cafe 501 space but I believe they have someone to take that space, which should be public soon.

Quote Originally Posted by therhett17 View Post
    Classen Curve neighbors say owners are betraying promises with expansion plans

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/news...n/71566737007/

I know The Oklahoman links are a little frowned upon here, but I couldn't find this report on any other news outlet.
    the president of the HOA is disingenuous at best and more likely just lying ..

The water feature defines this neighborhood.
    this is the view of the "water feature from the neighborhood"
    https://www.google.com/maps/@35.5310...8192?entry=ttu

also they didn't create a gate at the water feature this is where the gate is

https://www.google.com/maps/@35.5312...6656?entry=ttu

also 4,800 of the 11k they say is vacant is the 501 space .. that leaves very very little space ..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

Some neighbors are upset but what Washington Prime is planning to do in removing the fountains for more retail space is completely within their rights under the PUD that was approved years ago.

They do not have to seek any approval other than a building permit, which is a procedural and building code issue, and nothing else.

So, they can complain all they want but it won't change anything.
    And I am not sure why they are complaining anyway. One, it doesn't affect their view of or interaction with the mall. It has only raised the value of their property immensely, and will continue to do so as the vibrancy and value of the Curve keeps climbing. I think the "spokesperson" might have just wanted a few minutes of fame.

They are very close to full capacity and any vacancy is quickly replaced by another great national tenant.

When Washington Prime took over, CC was mainly local tenants, most of which were highly subsidized by Aubrey McClendon with Chesapeake funds. WP had to replace almost all of them when they either defaulted (many had been behind under CHK ownership) or could not/would not pay market rates when their leases expired. I won't name all the new tenants Washington Prime has signed, but it's a long list. They've also done a fantastic job with Nichols Hills Plaza.

The only real vacancy is the old Cafe 501 space but I believe they have someone to take that space, which should be public soon.
    They filed for bankruptcy like two years ago and have a terrible reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by shai2022 View Post
    These are the only properties they own in Oklahoma and have done a fantastic job.

9. Default Re: Classen Curve

A REIT that owns primarily shopping centers filing bankruptcy after all of their properties were effected by the pandemic isn't out of the question.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCRealtor View Post
    So much vacant space? The article states its less than 9% vacant. In the shopping center world, that is practically nothing. Should we stop letting builders build homes until every one that is for sale is sold? Thats how much sense your argument makes. There is a ton of demand for quality retail space and they'll fill up the current vacant space quickly and they most likely already have tenants lined up for the new space.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    And I am not sure why they are complaining anyway. One, it doesn't affect their view of or interaction with the mall. It has only raised the value of their property immensely, and will continue to do so as the vibrancy and value of the Curve keeps climbing. I think the "spokesperson" might have just wanted a few minutes of fame.
    One of lifes most difficult NIMBY questions. I think some people just really like telling others how to spend their own money on their own property.

Blog Entries

Terrible reputation according to who and for what? That's a really, really broad statement and doesn't mean anything without context.

Damn, I feel like something took place 3 years ago or so that impact the global retail and real estate market...

Just saw that Sephora filed a building permit for Classen Curve, I am betting it is taking the Soft Surroundings location once it closes. That is yet another store leaving Penn Square going to either CC or Oak

14. Default Re: Classen Curve

Quote Originally Posted by W8N2SKI View Post
    Just saw that Sephora filed a building permit for Classen Curve, I am betting it is taking the Soft Surroundings location once it closes. That is yet another store leaving Penn Square going to either CC or Oak
    Do you know for sure that they are leaving Penn Sq? They have locations in Kohl's nowadays and Bath and Body has locations inside and outside of both Penn Square and Quail Springs.

Quote Originally Posted by Shortsyeararound View Post
    Do you know for sure that they are leaving Penn Sq? They have locations in Kohl's nowadays and Bath and Body has locations inside and outside of both Penn Square and Quail Springs.
    I don’t know that, I was just assuming given how close the two locations would be and how large that space is. I can’t imagine having two large independent stores that close together would be profitable.

From what I’ve seen, they’ve done a bang-up job with Classen Curve.

Not sure why, but Lululemon is moving (plans say temporarily) to the old Cafe 501 space.

They already have a store in Classen Curve very nearby, so not sure what is behind this.

Perhaps they're looking for more space. My daughter loves that place and when we go to other stores in other cities I'm always surprised at how much larger they are in comparison to ours here in OKC. Our is always packed and uncomfortable and always a long wait to get into the fitting rooms.

What are the chances it is a temp space to move to OAK eventually?

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    What are the chances it is a temp space to move to OAK eventually?
    I haven't heard anything about that, but it would make sense.

Perhaps their lease was up at their current space in CC, they didn't want to renew, so they are moving to this long-vacant space as a temporary store before the OAK space is ready later this year.

Pete--is this what you were referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by ditm4567 View Post
    Pete--is this what you were referring to?
    No, I had heard they had a restaurant lined up for the Cafe 501 space.

Maybe that is still happening and has just been delayed.

23. Default Re: Classen Curve

Workers are in and out of the old Cafe 501 space over the past week. Any updates?

24. Western Ave. Re: Classen Curve

Quote Originally Posted by emhood10@gmail.com View Post
    Workers are in and out of the old Cafe 501 space over the past week. Any updates?
    The building permits show to be a new lululemon!

Quote Originally Posted by emhood10@gmail.com View Post
    The building permits show to be a new lululemon!
    From my understanding, Lululemon is just expanding its current store over to the green/outdoor seating space next to it. Last I heard, they weren't moving, just expanding.

Thread Information