Widgets Magazine
Page 59 of 141 FirstFirst ... 95455565758596061626364109 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 3525

Thread: Cannabis

Default Re: Time to Legalize Cannabis for recreational and medicinal use.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    I think Republicans also were afraid that too many people wanting to vote YES for medical marijuana in November would more likely vote for Democrats then.
    Wasn't there a poll a couple years ago that 80+ % in OK were in favor of MMJ?

Quote Originally Posted by OKCRT View Post
    Wasn't there a poll a couple years ago that 80+ % in OK were in favor of MMJ?
    That's nationally I believe. I think in Oklahoma its in the high 50s or low 60s.

A 2013 poll showed 71% of Oklahomans supported medical marijuana.
    https://soonerpoll.com/poll-oklahoma...-are-changing/

I'd imagine it's a bit higher today.

Quote Originally Posted by KayneMo View Post
    A 2013 poll showed 71% of Oklahomans supported medical marijuana.
    https://soonerpoll.com/poll-oklahoma...-are-changing/

I'd imagine it's a bit higher today.
    A 2015 poll found 60% of Oklahomans supported legalizing med marijuana, while only 31% supported legalizing rec marijuana like Colorado does it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    A 2015 poll found 60% of Oklahomans supported legalizing med marijuana, while only 31% supported legalizing rec marijuana like Colorado does it.
    Yeah, this is the figure I saw. I think medical has a good chance of passing providing there is decent turnout. Recreational is a few decades away and that is provided that the momentum towards legalization isn't stopped dead in its tracks by Sessions and Trump.

I'm always skeptical of stuff like this passing in OK, but then I was fairly surprised by how the 2016 Ballot Questions turned out so I'm cautiously optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by d-usa View Post
    I'm always skeptical of stuff like this passing in OK, but then I was fairly surprised by how the 2016 Ballot Questions turned out so I'm cautiously optimistic.
    I agree. I was especially surprised how the "money for religion" question went. I thought for sure that would pass.

Without this proposal being a constitutional amendment, the legislature can negate the successful passage of this with their own legislation. Or in the alternative, amend the law to make it ineffectual. Just ask Kris Steele.

I think that if thus passes, especially if it strongly passes, the most they'll do it tighten up some aspects of this. Which, imo there are some aspects that need tightening up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Without this proposal being a constitutional amendment, the legislature can negate the successful passage of this with their own legislation. Or in the alternative, amend the law to make it ineffectual. Just ask Kris Steele.
    There will be a town hall meeting for Stillwater area state legislators on Thursday evening. Maybe they will get a question pertaining to medical marijuana.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    I think that if thus passes, especially if it strongly passes, the most they'll do it tighten up some aspects of this. Which, imo there are some aspects that need tightening up.
    Like what? IMO, this is too strict already.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Like what? IMO, this is too strict already.
    What is strict about it, in any way? This is so loose it might as well be recreational and in some ways I think it's looser than some recreational states. I'll get into specifics once I get home from work.

nm

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    Yeah, this is the figure I saw. I think medical has a good chance of passing providing there is decent turnout. Recreational is a few decades away and that is provided that the momentum towards legalization isn't stopped dead in its tracks by Sessions and Trump.
    Even if it does pass I am sure that they will figure out a way to cut the balls off and leave us with a shell of the orig. question. That's just how it works around here Pard!

What is strict about it, in any way? This is so loose it might as well be recreational and in some ways I think it's looser than some recreational states. I'll get into specifics once I get home from work.
    There are all kinds of limits on how much you can grow, how much you can own and/or carry. How is it in any way shape or form close to recreational(which is what Oklahoma needs)?

Carrying three ounces is restrictive? That's a wild party. I can't see needing to carry more than a 1/4 for personal use. Colorado limits recreational carry to one ounce AND you have to be 21. Ditto for California. Oklahoma there is no age minimum if you have a medical card although you need parental consent to get one under 18. To me the quantity combined with the age issues is a cause for concern. Also that fact that it limits the cities right in regards to zoning. Something no other industry gets and even recreational states don't do that.

Oh, and this also matches the growth limits of California.

How many people die a year because of marijuana? How many people die a year because of alcohol? How much alcohol are you legally allowed to possess?

California you can walk in and buy weed for any reason. So no, regardless of the growth limits, this is nothing like California or any states recreational pot laws. Don’t cherry pick.

Why should there be an age limit to receive critical medicine that could potentially save a life and greatly reduce pain?

California’s pot laws are virtually unenforceed. There are so many places that allow minors and people with no card to buy weed even before the recreational laws were passed. It’s even legal to drive high, or it was. Not like that law will be enforced anyways.

Cherry pick? I responded to the exact restriction you mentioned. The quantity, but rather than aknowledge you were wrong you shift. Why are those liberal states restricting access to something so critical. Do they hate sick people?

Ok, on the card - yes, that's the single difference between this and full recreational. Although the cards will be easy to get, for any reason. Combined with it being obtainable by anyone 18 years or up, that's more permissive than California or Colorado which limits you to being over 21.Why are those liberal states restricting access to something so critical. Do they hate sick people?

Yeah you responded to a part of what I said about growing. Fine. There should absolutely no limit on how much you can grow or possess. That’s why I think the laws are too strict.

Remember, California just recently upped the age of tobacco use to 21. I was under 21 when I got my card. I have friends who were under 18 who bought weed from shops. The laws are on the books but aren’t enforced. I have no idea about Colorado.

PS, I edited the response just above yours to add a few things.

Actually, I responded to every single restriction you mentioned in your initial response, but moving on...

Arguing that the laws are poorly enforced and people routinely ignore them is a horrible argument and gives tons of ammo to the no voters.

As for driving while high, it's never been and is not legal anywhere in the US as far as I know. An another bad argument, although if someone thinks the speed limit should be eliminated they might not have a problem with driving under the influence.

Basically my main grip about this is that alcohol is so dangerous(listed more so than herion) and there are no limits on that. You can even drive while drunk. 0.08 can be too high for some people and others can drive fine well beyond that.

Every single friend I ever knew in middle and high school had easy access to booze. I did too. Passing archaic laws such as preventing stores from being x distance from schools or churches does nothing to stop kids from getting it. Arguably, increases the will or desire to do it. Passing age limit laws don’t prevent jack. Many countries have very low or no age limits at all for alcohol and they just fine.

I drink and smoke. I enjoy it in moderation. But I see the differences between weed and alcohol. It’s shocking that people want limits placed on weed but not alcohol. I’m against limits on either of them. If I had my way, just about every drug out there would be legalized and taxed. So that’s where my position is at.

Actually, I responded to every single restriction you mentioned in your initial response, but moving on...

Arguing that the laws are poorly enforced and people routinely ignore them is a horrible argument and gives tons of ammo to the no voters.

As for driving while high, it's never been and is not legal anywhere in the US as far as I know. An another bad argument, although if someone thinks the speed limit should be eliminated they might not have a problem with driving under the influence.
    Yeah, I think speed limits should be eliminated on certain corridors having an autobahn type system in the US. German autobahns are some of the safest freeways in the world. But I know, I’m crazy and insane for wanting that.

You’re missing my point about the laws not being enforced or being ignored.

Moving on from restrictions, okay. So what about my other points concerning alcohol?

I know, I’m such a fiend because I’ve hurt so many people driving stoned. Meanwhile how many who aren’t high killed how many people? Where are the statistics to back up how dangerous it is to drive stoned? Because I obey and follow all speed limits and am very cautious way more than when I’m not smoking. Of course I can already guess what your response is going to be to this but whatever.

You weren’t even arguing with my points which I’m sure you view as extreme as I’m sure a number of other posters on this board will view as well. I won’t respond to anything else regarding them because it’s a moot point and off topic.

I should note that for people under the age of 18 to get Medical under SQ788, they have to get permission from two different doctors.

I've got a friend who has to anally inject valium into his child because the child is having seizures. Correct - he has to carry around a giant anal syringe full of a liquid benzo for when the child has seizures. If I were the kid or the parent... I'd prefer a tincture of a plant extract vs. anal injection of Valium. Am I crazy?

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post

I drink and smoke. I enjoy it in moderation. But I see the differences between weed and alcohol. It’s shocking that people want limits placed on weed but not alcohol. I’m against limits on either of them.
    I agree. You can buy as many bottles of Everclear as you want. But if you're stupid enough, you can drink too much of that stuff and die. Fortunately, stories of people doing just that are rare. Legalize and regulate marijuana like alcohol and cigarettes to get rid of the problems, especially the violent ones, associated with it for being illegal.

It's also ironic how little concern there is over drugs being advertised on TV, such as Chantix, that carry the warning among the possible bad side effects that the drug may make you feel like killing yourself. I guess it's because they're FDA approved.

All the details how medical marijuana in Oklahoma will be regulated, if passed, can be found here: https://yeson788.com/sq-788. Hopefully, legislators will leave it alone for at least a year or two to see how well it works.

Thread Information