Widgets Magazine
Page 59 of 96 FirstFirst ... 95455565758596061626364 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 2384

Thread: Midtown

Default Re: General Midtown Thread

My bet would be Packard or Guardian.

Neither has enough space.

It could be one of the two MidtownR buildings at 10th & Broadway.

3. Default Re: General Midtown Thread

Quote Originally Posted by CuatrodeMayo View Post
    Midtown Village LLC just purchased the building and parking lot on the NE corner of Park Place & Walker.

Leonard Sullivan Oklahoma County Assessor Real Property Detail Sheet

Sold to Midtown Park & Walker LLC for $1.25M.

(this is what I was hinting at above)

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    That seems odd that they're close to making an announcement when a larger development sounds like it could still fall through (or at least be downsized in scope.)

Say that deal doesn't come to fruition, is there any possibility they still might convert the old building on the NW corner of 10th/Hudson?
    Forgive me, but what larger development possibly falling through are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOne View Post
    Forgive me, but what larger development possibly falling through are you talking about?
    I'm going off of what Pete has alluded to:

We're hearing that the McNellie's people are very close to announcing a deal to open the Fassler Hall concept in Midtown.

They will be leasing space in a larger development, but the exact location and property owner are not clear.
    and then

I'm told Fassler Hall will be going into a development that is just now seeking tax credits.

So, it sounds like something not previously announced.
    Being that this larger development may not be announced (esp. if they're just now seeking tax credits), I would always assume there is a chance something could fall through.

It just doesn't seem like there's a good development already under construction or completed that would jive well with this concept, so that's where I'm thinking this idea of something unannounced makes more sense.

Interesting.

That LLC is headed by Randall K. Calvert, an OKC attorney. But of course, he may just be a front for another entity.

Didn't know that architecture firm sold out. Yeah then my guess would change to this location based on this new knowledge. That would be a higher and better use than the offices currently there. Now if we can just get Browns Bakery to clean up their act and clean up and lease their south wing that is unused, this intersection would be hoppin, now all we need is a midrise residential/hotel on 10th between Walker and Hudson in that grass field owned by St. Anthony's.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    Didn't know that architecture firm sold out. Yeah then my guess would change to this location based on this new knowledge. That would be a higher and better use than the offices currently there. Now if we can just get Browns Bakery to clean up their act and clean up and lease their south wing that is unused, this intersection would be hoppin, now all we need is a midrise residential/hotel on 10th between Walker and Hudson in that grass field owned by St. Anthony's.
    don't think the architecture firm owned the building

Speaking of cleanup, there was an excavator pulling up portions of the old building slab, NE corner of 10th and Hudson.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
    Speaking of cleanup, there was an excavator pulling up portions of the old building slab, NE corner of 10th and Hudson.
    Oops, for a minute I thought you meant the NW corner; a building that has been for sale for a while.

The NE corner is the one owned by the Medical Corridor group and originally to be sold to Valir, who then didn't perform.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    don't think the architecture firm owned the building
    ok, but not my point

12. Default Re: General Midtown Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Interesting.

That LLC is headed by Randall K. Calvert, an OKC attorney. But of course, he may just be a front for another entity.
    I'm fairly certain Midtown Renaissance is the buyer.

Didn't know that architecture firm sold out.
    Studio Architecture currently leases space in the building, however a move is eminent.

HangryHippo Guest

This may not be the appropriate thread for this, but I was recently visiting a friend in Indiana and we visited the Carmel City Center in Carmel, Indiana. My question is why can't OKC develop something like this? I don't want this post to be considered inflammatory as I'm asking what I believe to be a very legitimate question. I think the ideal site for this could have existed in Lower Bricktown at one point, but that won't happen now. However, what if the co-op east of the core-to shore area were available? Anyway, this is a wonderful development and I think it would be an absolute smash hit in OKC. What do you guys think? Where could it go? I just think it's design is fantastic and was really intrigued by it.

HangryHippo Guest

Disclaimer: I don't intend for this post to be considered inflammatory or anything other than a legitimate question regarding a development I'd like to see in OKC.

I was visiting a friend in Indiana recently and we decided to visit the Carmel City Center in Carmel, Indiana. What an amazing development. This is something I would absolutely love to see in OKC. I'm posting it here because Midtown seems to have a fair bit of space still open. I think it could have worked well in Lower Bricktown before the space was monopolized, but what about if the land that the co-op east of Core to Shore sits on became available? I just couldn't believe how nice it was. I have no doubt it was expensive to build, but I think it would be a smash hit here and this is a project I'd really like to see copied. What do you guys think? For a modern day retail and residential development built from scratch, I thought it was very nice.

Here is a picture:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	carmel-city-center.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	73.8 KB 
ID:	3344

Kinda reminds me of the proposal for the project that was to be due east of the ballpark and due south of the Coca Cola Events Center. At least it would have been very similar from what I remember of it.

Not sure what this has to do with Midtown, other than I'd like to see a development like that on the old Red Cross site.

HangryHippo Guest

Not sure what this has to do with Midtown, other than I'd like to see a development like that on the old Red Cross site.
    I chose this thread because Midtown seems to have a fair bit of space that could potentially accommodate something like this. But in light of some other ongoing discussions about quality and pride and such, this is a development that matched what I would like to see in terms of quality of design and care taken.

I chose this thread because Midtown seems to have a fair bit of space that could potentially accommodate something like this. But in light of some other ongoing discussions about quality and pride and such, this is a development that matched what I would like to see in terms of quality of design and care taken.
    I think a development like this would be too goofy for the pride of Midtown and it would be better suited as a riverfront development.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    I think a development like this would be too goofy for the pride of Midtown and it would be better suited as a riverfront development.
    Ah, I hadn't thought of that, but that actually is brilliant. Perhaps in something like the Humphrey's waterfront project?

Ah, I hadn't thought of that, but that actually is brilliant. Perhaps in something like the Humphrey's waterfront project?
    Either that or the river front properties between the southern end of the park and Walker on the north shore. A pedestrian bridge with somewhere to go, a real anchor. Just because that area is envisioned with two residential mid rises doesn't mean something like this could go in that spot as well.

Any chance that fassler hall concept might include that old fire house on Hudson? Seems like a cool location with a huge patio opportunity in the back.

In Steve's chat today someone mentioned the rumored Midtown Fassler Hall will also include some bowling lanes.

Don't know the location, but keep hearing "within a few blocks of McNellies".

The fire house is a few blocks from mcnellies and could probably accommodate a bowling alley in the garage portion. Of course that old garage next to it on the NW corner of Hudson and 10th probably could as well.

24. Default Re: General Midtown Thread

I was at Fassler Hall a few weeks ago and asked the bartender about an OKC location. The bartender told me it was a certainty & would be a combined Fassler Hall AND Dust Bowl.

I've not been to Dust Bowl, but it's in a storefront that's not that big, so apparently won't require huge space (edit: according to Dust Bowl website it's 8,000 square feet, so, bigger than I expected). The Tulsa Fassler Hall seems a bit undersized to me though, and I would hope the OKC location is a little larger. The overhead door is important to the design.

The two buildings that make the most sense to me in Midtown off the top of my head are on the SE corner of 8th and Walker (Smith Brothers-owned I think), and the old tire shop on the NW corner of 10th and Hudson (I've previously heard rumors about his being the intended location). The space next to Brown's could perhaps work, but would require more exterior alteration I think.

Either of the first two would lend themselves easily and make GREAT locations. Off the top of my head I can't think of too many others in the immediate vicinity that would be the right fit for those two places, combined.

25. Default Re: General Midtown Thread

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    The fire house is a few blocks from mcnellies and could probably accommodate a bowling alley in the garage portion. Of course that old garage next to it on the NW corner of Hudson and 10th probably could as well.
    I think you underestimate the length of bowling lanes. I've been in the old firehouse, and no way it works for either.

Thread Information