Widgets Magazine
Page 59 of 97 FirstFirst ... 95455565758596061626364 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 2528

Thread: Will Rogers World Airport

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

Southwest also had to navigate a lot of laws and started in the regulation days. Post regulation, it's a very different world that a lot of us haven't experienced. But we would definitely have NOT been better off having a centralized OK airport in somewhere like Tonkawa. Metros of any size need their own airport for business travel, which was the majority of travelers back in those regulation times. Southwest was one of the first to open it up to the common person in a no-frills manner. That kind of thinking it what made air travel so much bigger and has helped with our own airport (and so many others). It would have been a major mistake to put it in some small town that's not convenient to anywhere/anyone.

Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

I always thought OKC would be a great spot for a HUB. OKC missed the boat back in the late 80's early 90's when we had the opportunity to be a Hub for Continental Airlines.

Quote Originally Posted by AMinEdmond View Post
    I always thought OKC would be a great spot for a HUB. OKC missed the boat back in the late 80's early 90's when we had the opportunity to be a Hub for Continental Airlines.
    No, it wouldn't. OKC doesn't have nearly the O&D required to support a hub operation.

Anyone flown out of OKC since the gov't shutdown - i have a 7am flight on Monday and usually only get there an hour or so early - wondering if i should bump up my time due to the TSA problems with the shutdown

Quote Originally Posted by ultimatesooner View Post
    Anyone flown out of OKC since the gov't shutdown - i have a 7am flight on Monday and usually only get there an hour or so early - wondering if i should bump up my time due to the TSA problems with the shutdown
    According to the TSA, yes. They suggest two hours ahead, three in the busier airports. As much as a pain that would be, I'd really consider the two hour suggestion and bring a book. That early in the morning you should be fine, but what's the worst that happens if you show up two hours ahead and only needed an hour? You read a book. What's the worst that happens if you show up one hour ahead and needed two? Well...you have plenty of time to go home and read your book.

Question that I could easily google but I'm already here:

Can I still fly using my OK issued driver's license as identification? I have a flight in April and didn't know if I would need to get on the whole passport renewal deal or if I would still be able to fly using my DL.

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnb911 View Post
    Question that I could easily google but I'm already here:

Can I still fly using my OK issued driver's license as identification? I have a flight in April and didn't know if I would need to get on the whole passport renewal deal or if I would still be able to fly using my DL.

Thanks in advance!
    Why wouldn't you be able to use your DL?

Quote Originally Posted by no1cub17 View Post
    Why wouldn't you be able to use your DL?
    The RealID Act. However, Oklahoma has an extension while we are in the process of converting, so our ID is fine for domestic travel.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    The RealID Act. However, Oklahoma has an extension while we are in the process of converting, so our ID is fine for domestic travel.
    Thanks JW, much obliged

Blog Entries

If the government shutdown continues, just wait if you think things are fine at the airport now; imagine if the screeners at the airports start to quit in mass, it will produce chaos much worst than a sewer backup.

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    If the government shutdown continues, just wait if you think things are fine at the airport now; imagine if the screeners at the airports start to quit in mass, it will produce chaos much worst than a sewer backup.
    I'm flying down to Key West In a couple of weeks, so I know I'm watching closely. 6:30 am flight so hoping it won't be too bad regardless.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    I'm flying down to Key West In a couple of weeks, so I know I'm watching closely. 6:30 am flight so hoping it won't be too bad regardless.
    Have a safe trip my man. If this shutdown isn't resolved in 30 days, you will begin see a panacea of problems that will extend beyond government workers.

The Government Shutdown Is Bad. But It Could Get Much Worse: http://fortune.com/2019/01/15/the-go...n-2019-update/

Oklahoma's RealID extension is good until October 10: https://www.dhs.gov/real-id/oklahoma

Quote Originally Posted by CloudDeckMedia View Post
    Oklahoma's RealID extension is good until October 10: https://www.dhs.gov/real-id/oklahoma
    At which time they will file for what...the fourth or fifth extension? They've already said they won't make that date.

Quote Originally Posted by stile99 View Post
    At which time they will file for what...the fourth or fifth extension? They've already said they won't make that date.
    And now you can’t get a passport because of the federal government shutdown, so...

16. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

Congress needs to revise what are critical government jobs that affect real people and those office (2nd level and higher mgmt, individual contributor) jobs that could withstand a shutdown/furlough.

In the DOT and DHS airport ops: FAA controller, investigator, and TSA agent (all non-management and 1st level management) roles are mission critical in my mind and should not be subject to furlough.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Blog Entries

Congress needs to open the damn government; stop this nonsense of picking and choosing who gets paid. Imagine if you were not getting paid and being asked to work--the stress that would put you under. The jobs of air traffic controllers are stressful enough; some of those affected are having to dip into their savings & 401K's; many will still owe the government come tax time.

Trump already admitted to Pelosi & Schumer that he would proudly own this shutdown, he created.

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    Congress needs to revise what are critical government jobs that affect real people and those office (2nd level and higher mgmt, individual contributor) jobs that could withstand a shutdown/furlough.

In the DOT and DHS airport ops: FAA controller, investigator, and TSA agent (all non-management and 1st level management) roles are mission critical in my mind and should not be subject to furlough.
    Not to be political but every government job is essential to somebody,

19. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

^^^^^^^

TSA agents need to walk off the job. Govt. will reopen within 24 hours. They should start by targeting a couple, three midsize airports and if that doesn't do it, hit O'Hare. JFK, or ATL.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    TSA agents need to walk off the job. Govt. will reopen within 24 hours. They should start by targeting a couple, three midsize airports and if that doesn't do it, hit O'Hare. JFK, or ATL.
    TSA agents can't strike.

Yeah, the air traffic controllers probably can give them some good advice on that. Correction, the former air traffic controllers, since they all got lifetime bans from ever being rehired.

It's not a strike if they aren't being paid. Involuntary servitude is unconstitutional. Who would work for no pay if the feds fired them and tried to hire replacements? The agents have the leverage here. Another alternative for the agents would be a significant number calling in sick.

24. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

Oh come on, its not involuntary servitude because they are going to be paid once the government opens back up. The ruling already came down that those federal employees that are both working and not working, will get back pay. I believe the official statement was released yesterday. The real folks getting screwed are the contractors who will never get that recovered. That same ruling also said that BOTH parties qualify for unemployment. So if anyone that's not getting paid right now wants to, they can at least collect unemployment. Most places like rent/mortgage/bills/etc are being allowed to be deferred as well. That doesnt help for immediate needs like food/gas/medicine, but that's where that unemployment can help. But people do have to go out and do these things. I know its tough, but lets not exaggerate the situation to servitude.

25. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    Most places like rent/mortgage/bills/etc are being allowed to be deferred as well.
    Do you have anything to back this up? Even if true, that just means the hardships are just passed on to landlords and creditors.

Thread Information