Widgets Magazine
Page 59 of 72 FirstFirst ... 95455565758596061626364 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 1776

Thread: OAK (formerly Penn Central)

Default Re: OAK (formerly Penn Central)

3. Default Re: OAK (formerly Penn Central)

I feel bad for the people living right there on the edge of this place. The increased traffic flow and cars parking daily in front of my house would drive nuts.
    Is there a plan to buy out those owners and put in a parking lot?

Quote Originally Posted by Shortsyeararound View Post
    I feel bad for the people living right there on the edge of this place. The increased traffic flow and cars parking daily in front of my house would drive nuts.
    Is there a plan to buy out those owners and put in a parking lot?
    They also all of a sudden live in a walkable neighborhood with a ton to do and skyrocketing prices on their homes. I think they'll be okay.

The OAK developers own most the homes in the immediate area.

I live a few blocks south and the prices in this area have really gone up -- tons of flips and even some tear-downs.

We were also one of the first neighborhoods to get sidewalks when the city funded that initiative and they run pretty much everywhere within the square mile, as there is a busy elementary school (Monroe) right in the center. Also a nice little park (Smitty Park).

All in all, it's one of the few neighborhoods in all of OKC where you'll be able to walk to restaurants and shops (on sidewalks no less!) and it's still relatively affordable. It's why I bought here several years ago and I'm really glad I did.

Great pics! Can't wait to see what other retailers, restaurants, and entertainment places will be coming in!

Do we have a time frame for RH starting? Pottery Barn seems miles ahead, by comparison. Not complaining, just curious.

7. Default Re: OAK (formerly Penn Central)

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    They also all of a sudden live in a walkable neighborhood with a ton to do and skyrocketing prices on their homes. I think they'll be okay.
    With that statement- its like I am living in Southern California again.

Scaffolding starting to come down around the hotel; steel going up for Pottery Barn.

There is an army of workers out there, working on all those buildings simultaneously.

9. Default Re: OAK (formerly Penn Central)

That’s what I like to hear!! And that’s what I like to SEE! What a beautiful design.

In order: Pottery Barn, Capital Grille, Arhaus, area that will contain Mesero:

Are some of those workers parking across the street at 50 Penn Place? That's a surprisingly full parking lot in the bottom corner of that first picture,

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Are some of those workers parking across the street at 50 Penn Place? That's a surprisingly full parking lot in the bottom corner of that first picture,
    Yes, a bunch of them.

And even though they retained the western portion of the old office building and a big parking lot all around, the lot it generally packed and has been so destroyed by construction vehicles that many of the workers are parking on the neighborhood streets.

I'm sure they are rushing towards getting the parking structure open so most can park there.

I can't remember a project when so many different businesses were all trying to get open at the same time in such a small area. It's an absolute anthill of activity and hundreds of trucks out there during the week.

Is RH not planning on being open at the same time as the other businesses? Just seems weird with Arhaus and Capital Grille being well into construction, yet RH hasn't started. Unless, somehow, they think it will not take as long.

Quote Originally Posted by bison34 View Post
    Is RH not planning on being open at the same time as the other businesses? Just seems weird with Arhaus and Capital Grille being well into construction, yet RH hasn't started. Unless, somehow, they think it will not take as long.
    Not sure what is going on with them. They've filed their building permits and even updated their plans recently indicating the OKC location would be one of their new concept stores, which is slightly more modern.

I'm not worried about anything going sideways but I'll seek more clarification.

Their building will be elaborate, so not sure at this point they'll be ready when the others open.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Not sure what is going on with them. They've filed their building permits and even updated their plans recently indicating the OKC location would be one of their new concept stores, which is slightly more modern.

I'm not worried about anything going sideways but I'll seek more clarification.

Their building will be elaborate, so not sure at this point they'll be ready when the others open.
    Not worried, either. Just more curious about their plans on when they are tbinking about opening.

Thanks, Pete!

OAK instagram page asked what 3 retailers people wanted: besides the head-scratchers (Madewell, Urban Outfitters both at/coming to Penn Square), Zara was a big hit! You would think most retail name announcements would be coming soon, if they are opening in Fall, 2024. Or do you think they will build out retail as it comes?

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerinfiniti View Post
    OAK instagram page asked what 3 retailers people wanted: besides the head-scratchers (Madewell, Urban Outfitters both at/coming to Penn Square), Zara was a big hit! You would think most retail name announcements would be coming soon, if they are opening in Fall, 2024. Or do you think they will build out retail as it comes?
    The developer specifically told me not long ago Zara was not going to happen, which is a bummer.

I've seen plans with lots more retailers but don't know if those have progressed to the 'done deal' stage. I'm sure they want to space out announcements to maintain interest in the project, especially because the retail part won't open until this fall, which is probably going to require a huge finishing flourish. They don't even have a paved roadway yet within the project.

On one of the plans, pretty much all the retail spots were full. I also know they are working hard on Phase II which would involve completely demolishing the old office building and creating a cluster of restaurants and patios. Some they are recruiting would be a big deal if landed.

Press release:

OAK Announces First-of-its-Kind Entertainment and Community Programming
    Opening September 2024, the Oklahoma City mixed-use destination unveils plans for a $1 million concert-quality stage and 100+ annual events at OAK’s Heartwood Park

OKLAHOMA CITY (Feb. 12, 2024) – 1,750 concert-goers dancing under the stars. A first-of-its-kind, $1 million stage beneath massive art sculptures and hidden sound systems. More than 100 community events every year. These are just a few of the experiences coming to OAK, the 20-acre mixed-use district rising at 5101 North Pennsylvania Ave. in Oklahoma City. As the project nears its September 2024 opening, Ryan McNeill of Veritas Development today reveals OAK’s plans for entertainment and community programming in Heartwood Park.

“A major cornerstone of OAK is our promise to deliver unique experiences for the community,” said McNeill. “From a casual Tuesday to the kickoff of the holiday season, we can’t wait to invite the people of Oklahoma City to Heartwood Park to celebrate special moments with their friends and family.”

As part of today’s announcement, Veritas has announced the official name of OAK’s 7,000-square-foot greenspace: Heartwood Park. Designed as the hub of energy and activation with the capacity to host up to 1,750 guests, Heartwood Park’s name is inspired by the role heartwood plays in supporting a tree; it’s the pillar of strength that allows the branches to grow and flourish. The greenspace was formally named Heartwood Park following a public naming process on OAK’s social media channels in which community members submitted their ideas for naming the park.

Heartwood Park will be anchored by a $1 million, state-of-the-art stage for concerts and live performances. The stage stands out for the awe-inspiring art installation that surrounds it, Cloud Trees. At 25.5 feet tall, the three Cloud Trees encircling the stage feature illuminated, bronze tree trunks and a shared canopy of mirror-polished stainless steel clouds that discreetly hold the stage’s speaker system, creating an immersive arts and entertainment experience.

McLemmon Group, a world-class property management and consulting firm with over 50 years of combined experience in managing mixed-use assets, has been selected to manage OAK.

“Oklahoma City is ready for more ways to experience premier live entertainment,” said Stacy Schuch, OAK’s general manager. “We know what it takes to put on a great show. Our experience in delivering top-of-the-line talent paired with OAK’s commitment in creating vibrant community experiences will come together to introduce an entirely new entertainment platform for OKC.”

Heartwood Park will also be home to Cloud Puncher, one of the remarkable art installations coming to OAK from Brad Oldham and Christy Coltrin of Brad Oldham Sculpture. Cloud Puncher features a determined, larger-than-life cowboy roping an errant, 16.5-foot-long cloud back to its home in Heartwood Park. The 16.5-foot-long cloud is cantilevered above the lawn from the second-story pool deck of OAK’s Lively Hotel.

In addition, Heartwood Park will host more than 100 events per year, including its inaugural Signature Events Series that will bring weekly experiences like live music, workout classes, farmers markets and more. OAK’s signature events will be free and open to the public.

For the 2024 holiday season, Heartwood Park will transform into an ice skating rink inspired by Central Park’s Wollman Rink in New York City. This year, OAK will host an incredible lineup of holiday events, including a pop-up snow lodge, silent disco with Santa and more. Other seasonal events that will be hosted at OAK include Mardi Gras Mambo, a 3v3 basketball tournament, a Kentucky Derby watch party and more.

OAK’s first phase includes 135,000 square feet of retail, a 132-key boutique Lively Hotel and 320 upscale apartments. Several new-to-market tenants have already been announced for the project, including Williams Sonoma, Tommy Bahama Marlin Bar, Pottery Barn, Mesero, Arhaus, RH and Capital Grille. Brad and Christy Coltrain will also create the Mighty Live OAK sculpture, which will become the arrival sign for the district. In addition, OAK’s ownership team is working with local artists to create murals and artful encounters throughout the property.

Gatehouse Capital is leading the development of Lively Hotel, a boutique hotel concept by Hilton™. As Oklahoma’s first Tapestry Collection hotel, Lively Hotel will include a 3,050-square-foot bar and restaurant; an elevated amenity deck with a 2,400-square-foot outdoor bar and activated pool area; a fitness center; and over 2,600 square feet of meeting space. At the ground floor, the hotel will feature 14,405 square feet of retail space.

Veritas has engaged Mintwood Real Estate as the multifamily development partner to create a first-of-its-kind residential experience for Oklahoma City. OAK’s apartment community will have curated interior finishes, including quartz countertops, walk-in closets, and powder baths. The building amenities include a first-class fitness center featuring a kid’s playroom, private work and conference rooms, an entertainment suite featuring a golf simulator and shared kitchen, a resort-style pool and elevated courtyards.

A future phase of the project includes 100,000 square feet of loft office space and an additional 85,000 square feet of retail. McNeill is joined by Everett Dobson and the Dobson family as partners in the multi-phased mixed-use project.

The stage stands out for the awe-inspiring art installation that surrounds it, Cloud Trees. At 25.5 feet tall, the three Cloud Trees encircling the stage feature illuminated, bronze tree trunks and a shared canopy of mirror-polished stainless steel clouds that discreetly hold the stage’s speaker system, creating an immersive arts and entertainment experience (rendering linked here)
    Has the rendering of the Cloud Trees / Stage set up been posted?

Quote Originally Posted by BDP View Post
    Has the rendering of the Cloud Trees / Stage set up been posted?
    Here you go:

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Here you go:
    Thanks. The "hidden" sound system in the Cloud Trees is interesting.

RH sure is taking their sweet time...

It's not surprising that the latest announcement isn't being universally loved.

https://kfor.com/video/neighbors-wor...affic/9428261/

Quote Originally Posted by unfundedrick View Post

I don't even think the people they interviewed were really concerned specifically about the concert venue aspect of it just the development in general. Which is funny that they are concerned about that when they choose to live close to Penn Square mall. They must hate November thorugh December every year. I'm not expecting any major concert performance that would generate major traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by unfundedrick View Post

ha... "the 20,000 acre project near penn and northwest expressway"

they might have upped the scope a little on this project... 20k acres is nearly 32 square miles. : )

Thread Information