Widgets Magazine
Page 58 of 64 FirstFirst ... 85354555657585960616263 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 1600

Thread: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    You correct IMO about needing a piece or 2. We need more height, Dallas getting second and third chances on some shots.
    Yep, the Wolves would be a bad matchup and nobody has an answer for the Joker even if we were to pull this series out which seems highly improbable given how they've mostly dominated the series.

Well maybe they can steal one more game from Dallas in their own house. It will be nice to have one more playoff game in the city.

SGA is consistent, the problem is, nobody else is. Besides game 1, neither Chet or JDubb are giving us anything. We need JDubb and Chet to step up have big games for us to win Saturday night.

They were talking on the radio how they thought it was disappointing the crowded left early and didn't cheer the team cause it could of been the last home game of the year. Being there it never crossed my mind into I heard that, that it could of been last home game of the year. Still hard to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    SGA is consistent, the problem is, nobody else is. Besides game 1, neither Chet or JDubb are giving us anything. We need JDubb and Chet to step up have big games for us to win Saturday night.
    I think that’s was most disappointing. It’s one thing to have our lack of center presence exposed. We kinda expected that to happen at some point in the playoffs. But we’re just flat out not shooting well at all and that just makes it frustrating to watch.

6. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

The Thunder has not seen defense like this all year. I'm not saying the Mavs are the best defensive team they have faced, but they ARE playing with more defensive INTENSITY than anyone else has played. They are brutally interrupting the passing lanes and collapsing on shooters in a manner that has completely denied the Thunder's previously-excellent ball movement and shooting, both of which have been the hallmarks of this team. It is leaving Shai on an island. The Thunder desperately needs someone - ANYONE - else to get a hot hand, but it hasn't happened. Mostly because the aforementioned passing lane closures have caused them to be tentative, and open looks evaporate before they can get the ball away. It results in team play that looks far more like the old "hero ball" Thunder than this team has looked all season.

The other things that are killing them are Dallas getting to the rim easily (unreal number of lobs last night) and dudes being uncovered on the perimeter for threes. Probably a result of the Thunder aggressively collapsing on Luka and Irving, both of whom they have defended reasonably well, but at a cost.

If it makes anyone feel any better…In their game 6 tonight Denver got absolutely destroyed in a 115-70 loss that probably wasn’t even that close. Playoffs are nuts.

Listening to the D2D podcast this morning. I agree with what they were saying in we need a bigger wing. Someone that is 6'9 can defend and shoot the 3. Basically we need to upgrade the Josh Giddy spot with someone slightly beefier and can shoot the 3 better.

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Oklahoma City Thunder 116 @ Dallas Mavericks 117

Box score https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore/_/gameId/401658194

Attendance: 20,555

We really should of won that game. Wow...Not sure why Daignault challenged, cost us a valuable timeout that we could of used for a last second shot...smh

That one definitely hurt a little. We gave up a good lead in what was a very winnable game but we fought to the end and should be proud of what we accomplished. NO ONE expected us to make it this far this year.

In the end, the playoffs are all about matchups and Dallas exploited our size disadvantage, big time. It didn’t help either that we didn’t shoot as well in this series, but we really got hurt in the rebounding department in this series.

Let’s get us a good big this offseason and continue to improve. The future is very bright for this team.

What an amazing team, an amazing year. Yes, we need some help from a big, or Chet needs to eat steak and potatoes in between rep sessions in the weight room.

Despite a heartbreaking loss in Dallas, it’s been quite a year.

We really should of won that game. Wow...Not sure why Daignault challenged, cost us a valuable timeout that we could of used for a last second shot...smh
    Pretty reasonable call to challenge but in hindsight you’re probably right

Dallas was just better most of the series. Can’t be one of the best shooting teams in the league then go cold so often and expect to beat a good team. No shame though. Hell of a season. Time to make some moves and start filing gaps. Plenty of data on our deficiencies now.

Even with Daignault's questionable challenge, as SGA you take your chances and let PJ shoot that 3, instead of trying to block which led to foul shots that lost you the game.

PJ makes it, they are up 2, but we have possession with enough time on the clock to either tie or win the game.

He misses, and we got a Game 7 in OKC on Monday night.

Even with Daignault's questionable challenge, as SGA you take your chances and let PJ shoot that 3, instead of trying to block which led to foul shots that lost you the game.

PJ makes it, they are up 2, but we have possession with enough time on the clock to either tie or win the game.

He misses, and we got a Game 7 in OKC on Monday night.
    meh, we were up by 17 in the third. Kind of like blaming a kicker for a loss in football…it never should’ve come down to that based on the rest of the game

Need another piece. A big. Lively was +26. We got killed on the boards again. With I think about 4 min left they missed the shot got a rebound got fouled. We were up 5. The made the first one missed the second one get the rebound again hit a 3. 4 points cause we couldn't get a rebound. Can't let little things like that happen against a good team in the playoffs. We learned a lot. I was ok with letting this team play it out and see what they were in the playoffs. Now that this has happen, it's easy to see we need another piece let's go get that piece.

Incredible season, frustrating series. I have to think the inexperience and pressure got to them. Way to many missed open threes. Mavs made the big shots and we didn't most of the series. Future is very bright. These guys will be exciting for years if we can stay healthy. Have to get some more size to be able to matchup, esp in the West. Doncic is insufferable. He should have gotten a second techincal on multiple occasions and tossed. Hope he gets wrecked next series.

So close! Just a couple missed free throws away from winning. I think I saw on FB two Thunder fans at the game
    Wearing t-shirts with a pic of Donic sucking on a baby pacifier lol.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser214 View Post
    So close! Just a couple missed free throws away from winning. I think I saw on FB two Thunder fans at the game
    Wearing t-shirts with a pic of Donic sucking on a baby pacifier lol.
    Was disappointed in how much leeway given Doncic where he complained throughout all six games.

20. Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder 2023-24 Season

Overall the team far exceeded my expectations for the season (no way I saw the one seed, among many other developments) and they easily MET my expectations for the postseason (I expected a fully-earned playoff appearance and also thought a first round win was well within reach). It also felt like an absolutely charmed season from an injury perspective (we’ve seen ring-capable OKC teams derailed by the injury bug a couple of times, and honestly that hurts worse than simply losing).

I definitely got a bit more greedy as the season came together; I began to feel like a trip to the WCF was possible if not likely. But sometimes reality raises its ugly head.

The sting of losing in this round was real, but I feel far more optimism than disappointment. They ran into a more seasoned and more prepared buzz saw that they weren’t *quite* ready to face. The fact that they still almost battled through that game 6 hostile environment and forced game 7 after some previous bad showings was a testament to this team’s fortitude.

Do they need to make a move or two? Sure. But they’re close. They have an unbelievable foundation and a wealth of anssets. And they’re gonna be driven and even more hungry. I’ve got nothing but excitement for the next few seasons in OKC.

What a great season regardless. This experience will help this young team. Just need to add size and height. We have plenty of draft pics left to do it. I don't see Dallas beating Minny or Denver.

You all keep saying next year, they WILL be great. You do understand that the basketball gods are not as forgiving. We are one major injury away from making anything. We got lucky that none of our starting 5 suffered any major injuries that sidelined them for the season. SGA, JDubb, Chet, or even Dort gets hurt, its a different season.

You are quick to forget the history that still haunts us today of a similar young Thunder team composed of KD, Russ, and Harden. After the Finals appearance they said we were destined for greatness, a dynasty for years to come. Then what happened? Harden left one year, KD gets hurt the next, Russ gets hurt the next and so on.

The time is now, yes you can be optimistic about the future, but I have learned that one needs to seize the opportunity now, as there might not always be a next year.

Blog Entries

You all keep saying next year, they WILL be great. You do understand that the basketball gods are not as forgiving. We are one major injury away from making anything. We got lucky that none of our starting 5 suffered any major injuries that sidelined them for the season. SGA, JDubb, Chet, or even Dort gets hurt, its a different season.

You are quick to forget the history that still haunts us today of a similar young Thunder team composed of KD, Russ, and Harden. After the Finals appearance they said we were destined for greatness, a dynasty for years to come. Then what happened? Harden left one year, KD get hurt the next, Russ get hurts the next and so on.

The time is now, yes you can be optimistic about the future, but I have learned to one needs to seize the opportunity now, as there might now always be a next year.
    Good points, we should give credit to the team of trainers who are responsible for conditioning Thunder players in getting them 'game ready.'

We have the 12th pick in the 2024 draft. Another player on the level of another Jalen Williams or Cason Wallace would help strengthen our defense and give Chet some badly needed backup. Cody Williams (Jalen's brother) just might fit that bill.

Cody Williams 6'8" 180 lbs., (Forward)
    Williams averaged 28.1 minutes per game, shooting 55.2 percent from the field, 41.5 percent from three-point range, and 71.4 percent from the free-throw line. He also contributed 3.0 rebounds, 1.6 assists, 0.7 blocks, 0.6 steals, and scored 11.9 points per game.

You are quick to forget the history that still haunts us today of a similar young Thunder team composed of KD, Russ, and Harden. After the Finals appearance they said we were destined for greatness, a dynasty for years to come. Then what happened? Harden left one year, KD get hurt the next, Russ get hurts the next and so on.

The time is now, yes you can be optimistic about the future, but I have learned to one needs to seize the opportunity now, as there might now always be a next year.
    And that is why I'm no opposed like so many to give the Suns 3 first round picks, Giddy and Wallace for Durant. Hate to give up Wallace but if you want to win a title in the next 2 years DO IT Imagine a starting line up of SGA, JDUB, Chet, Dort, KD. Bench is Joe, Wiggins, Williams. Bench might be a little thin but I would still take that 8 man rotation and forget about playing 10 all the time. I would also consider trading Dort instead of Wallace. Dream world I only give up Giddy and picks but Suns will want more.

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    And that is why I'm no opposed like so many to give the Suns 3 first round picks, Giddy and Wallace for Durant. Hate to give up Wallace but if you want to win a title in the next 2 years DO IT Imagine a starting line up of SGA, JDUB, Chet, Dort, KD. Bench is Joe, Wiggins, Williams. Bench might be a little thin but I would still take that 8 man rotation and forget about playing 10 all the time. I would also consider trading Dort instead of Wallace. Dream world I only give up Giddy and picks but Suns will want more.
    Really dumb. I’m glad you’re not the GM.

no way you give up that much for an an aging super star who would use up all your salary cap space and hasn’t been able to carry any team that wasn’t already the best team in the NBA when he joined. Dude has been a cancer to every locker room he’s been the leader of. Just a stupid, stupid idea for this team.

Thread Information