Widgets Magazine
Page 58 of 96 FirstFirst ... 85354555657585960616263 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 2384

Thread: Midtown

Default Re: General Midtown Thread

Quote Originally Posted by okcustu View Post
    Good call, we could definitely use a craft cocktail place.
    A craft cocktail place called Valkyrie just opened in Tulsa's Brady District and is doing very well. Definitely a concept OKC could use.

Quote Originally Posted by okcustu View Post
    Good call, we could definitely use a craft cocktail place.
    I thought Ludivine was supposed to be really good at that (I know it's not strictly a bar)?

Whiskey Cake (under construction near Penn Square Mall) will feature craft cocktails as well and they place a big emphasis on bar business.

Quote Originally Posted by mcca7596 View Post
    I thought Ludivine was supposed to be really good at that (I know it's not strictly a bar)?
    They are good. They could open a (strictly) bar thats a little bigger than they have now in some other midtown location and would do very well. Or theyd at least get my business, as Ludivine does now.

For some reason, whenever I go to Ludivine I almost always end up riotously drunk. That's all I need: a separate, larger version of Ludivine.

The Ludivine bar is pretty cool. Is it open until 2am?

Quote Originally Posted by KilgoreTrout View Post
    The Ludivine bar is pretty cool. Is it open until 2am?
    Yes, on the weekends:

BAR HOURS
    Monday – Thursday 5pm to 12am
    Friday – Saturday 5pm to 2am

Interesting. I really liked the bar when I've been there. Does it do well independent of the restaurant crowd? In other words, do people go there to drink exclusively?

Interesting. I really liked the bar when I've been there. Does it do well independent of the restaurant crowd? In other words, do people go there to drink exclusively?
    I imagine. It's a very nice atmosphere in there, and the Bar is sectioned off very well from the restaurant. It has it's own entrance and feels like it's its own space.

Yes. It often has a completely different crowd than the restaurant.

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    Sorry, I'm talking about the undeveloped land just north of 10th, south of Park Place, and in between Walker/Hudson.

Would love to see a place like this, really anywhere in OKC, but preferably in a place like MidTown: Anvil - Bar & Refuge
    Is this the same property that was sold to Midtown Renaissance as mentioned in this News OK article? I used to work in the building on the north side of that lot and always wondered why there was nothing done with it after that auto shop or whatever was torn down. I wouldn't mind seeing some nice housing with maybe a first floor cocktail bar. I'd move in!

Quote Originally Posted by OKCbrew View Post
    Is this the same property that was sold to Midtown Renaissance as mentioned in this News OK article? I used to work in the building on the north side of that lot and always wondered why there was nothing done with it after that auto shop or whatever was torn down. I wouldn't mind seeing some nice housing with maybe a first floor cocktail bar. I'd move in!
    I believe that those lots are on the east side of Hudson. The lots I'm talking about are on the west side of Hudson.

The story of Cafe do Brasil:

Though it's from August 2010, it's not out-of-date (yet). It's always fun listening to Ana Davis, who's a loveable whirlwind. Nice interior and exteriors shots of the restaurant along with some good views around Midtown. This is 12 minutes long, but easily worth watching from beginning to end.

Anyone ever announce the opening of the Candy Store in between Go Go Sushi and Saturn Grill on Walker? I've been meaning to post it for 2 months, but didn't see mention of it.

Accidentally posted this in the wrong thread...

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    The Valir 10th and Hudson page is broken, but a lot of land on the block immediately west of the Valir site recently sold. Is MidtownR behind Midtown Hill LLC? Midtown 11th and Park Place LLC was the buyer of the Valir Health land a few weeks ago.

Midtown Hill LLC from Corsair Estate LLC, 409, 411 and 417 W Park Place, 420 NW 11 Street and 1135 N Hudson Ave., $1,087,000.

Oklahoma County land sales | NewsOK.com

Oops, wrong thread. Meant to post in Midtown thread.
    Once again, this is land just west of the Valir land that just sold.

16. Default Re: General Midtown Thread

Midtown Village LLC just purchased the building and parking lot on the NE corner of Park Place & Walker.

Leonard Sullivan Oklahoma County Assessor Real Property Detail Sheet

That transaction was in January of 2012.

Midtown Village LLC is headed by R.D. Smith who is on the Midtown board.

18. Default Re: General Midtown Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

My bad. Not used to it being 2013 yet.

xx
    Last edited by CuatrodeMayo; 01-14-2013 at 04:32 PM. Reason: too much info

And unless I am mistaken that was a corsair property before co owned by RD smith. So just an internal transfer

20. Default Re: General Midtown Thread

National Register Nomination for 231 NW 10.

http://www.okc.gov/planning/planning...erMortgage.pdf

We're hearing that the McNellie's people are very close to announcing a deal to open the Fassler Hall concept in Midtown.

They will be leasing space in a larger development, but the exact location and property owner are not clear.

Will be an absolutely fantastic addition to that area and hopefully we'll find out more details soon.

Awesome! Fassler is a great, and much needed, addition to Midtown!

What are the possibilities? Seems like the only "larger developments" that could house that concept are Edge, Plaza Court, Guardian, Osler, 1212, Something yet to be announced. None of those seem like likely candidates save for maybe an unannounced project. I could maybe see the Guardian.

Wherever it ends up, I'm super excited!

I'm told Fassler Hall will be going into a development that is just now seeking tax credits.

So, it sounds like something not previously announced.

I'm told Fassler Hall will be going into a development that is just now seeking tax credits.

So, it sounds like something not previously announced.
    That seems odd that they're close to making an announcement when a larger development sounds like it could still fall through (or at least be downsized in scope.)

Say that deal doesn't come to fruition, is there any possibility they still might convert the old building on the NW corner of 10th/Hudson?

Thread Information