9/30: Iowa State
    10/7: Texas (Dallas)
    10/21: UCF
    10/28: at Kansas
    11/4: at OSU
    11/11: West Virginia
    11/18: at BYU
    11/25: TCU
    No K State, Baylor, or Tech. Just like that 3 of last years losses are off the schedule

Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    2023 football schedule released:
    9/2: Arkansas State
    9/9: SMU
    9/16: at Tulsa
    9/23: at Cincinnati
    9/30: Iowa State
    10/7: Texas (Dallas)
    10/21: UCF
    10/28: at Kansas
    11/4: at OSU
    11/11: West Virginia
    11/18: at BYU
    11/25: TCU
    I am definitely eyeing that BYU game as a possible trip to make. Would just extend into a thanksgiving break vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by KHutch66 View Post
    I am definitely eyeing that BYU game as a possible trip to make. Would just extend into a thanksgiving break vacation.
    Would be a fun trip if the CoLDS actually let you party.

Sooners will have to win at Bedlam or Cowboys will be bragging about winning the last Bedlam game for the rest of their life

FYI, free admission to Bedlam basketball at the LNC tonight due to the weather. (And also, I’d assume, due to OU wanting another large, loud crowd to capitalize on the momentum from Saturday’s huge win.)

Blog Entries

OU Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Breaking News

OU and Texas reach deal to leave Big 12 for SEC in summer 2024

Texas and Oklahoma will leave the Big 12 following the 2023-24 school year, the conference announced in a press release on Thursday evening.

In exchange for its early exit, the Big 12 said Texas and Oklahoma will owe compensation that totals "$100 million in foregone distributable revenues, each school will pay $50 million in exit fees which OU and UT will be able to partially offset with future revenues." Details are still being finalized between the relevant parties.

The last football season in the Big 12, Texas and Oklahoma will compete for a conference championship alongside new members BYU, Central Florida, Cincinnati and Houston. Texas will travel to Houston and host BYU during the 2023 season. Oklahoma has a home game against Central Florida and a trip to BYU on its schedule.

Free at last, free at last.

Is moving to the Sec just for football or is it for all sports?

Quote Originally Posted by Boop View Post
    Is moving to the Sec just for football or is it for all sports?
    All Sports, with the exception of the sports the SEC doesn't have, of which I believe Wrestling is one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    All Sports, with the exception of the sports the SEC doesn't have, of which I believe Wrestling is one of them.
    correct and as of now the big 12 is being petty and saying that OU might not be able to stay in the big 12 for wrestling (Missouri is in the big 12 for wrestling for instance)

also crew i believe .. and bama and Tennessee are in the big 12 for that as well

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    correct and as of now the big 12 is being petty and saying that OU might not be able to stay in the big 12 for wrestling (Missouri is in the big 12 for wrestling for instance)

also crew i believe .. and bama and Tennessee are in the big 12 for that as well
    interesting. i hadn't seen that yet. can you point me in the direction of where you heard that? that is something i want to get caught up on, cause yep, there are SEC teams in those BIG12 conferences. lol

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    interesting. i hadn't seen that yet. can you point me in the direction of where you heard that? that is something i want to get caught up on, cause yep, there are SEC teams in those BIG12 conferences. lol
    https://owrestle.com/the-big-12-prov...he-conference/

https://owrestle.com/ou-to-submit-ap...ing-affiliate/

my guess is the big 12 being anti OU staying was quick sour grapes and cooler heads will prevail and OU wrestling will stay .

i think the same will happen with OU / Texas womens rowing .... (there are 8 big 12 rowing members for next season 4 are Sec schools (OU /texas/tennessee/bama) i don't think the big 12 is going to kick out OU and texas because likely bama and tennsee would leave also and the big 12 would be down to 4 teams ..

Blog Entries

Good Luck.

Ha ha.

Quote Originally Posted by Swake View Post
    Good Luck.

Ha ha.
    OU will need it. Neither Colorado nor Nebraska ranked in the top 25 for football.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    OU will need it. Neither Colorado nor Nebraska ranked in the top 25 for football.
    Maryland, Colorado, A&M and Missouri have all been such world beaters since changing conferences. In both football and basketball.

Or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    both Colorado and nebraska lost the ability to recruit in Texas, and thought they could make up for it with California and Ohio... and that just never materialized. OU will still have deep recruiting in Texas, and even more from Florida than they had before. plus the SEC seems to mean something to recruits nation wide. something that the Pac and Big10 just don't really have outside of their geographical areas. This will be completely different.

I wonder if this is just a formality thing and nothing could really be done until they officially leave, then paving the way for them to submit an application to be an affiliate member in wrestling.

Worst case on rowing is they join their other SEC teams and convince the SEC to sponsor rowing or go as a group somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    I wonder if this is just a formality thing and nothing could really be done until they officially leave, then paving the way for them to submit an application to be an affiliate member in wrestling.

Worst case on rowing is they join their other SEC teams and convince the SEC to sponsor rowing or go as a group somewhere else.
    i think it was initially just some sour grapes ... and they will be accepted to stay in the league

Interested to see what scheduling format is used for football and basketball. In football it has been discussed that each school will have a group of “permanent opponents” that play every year and then rotate everyone else in a 9 hand conference schedule. OU would definitely have Texas every year and possibly either Arkansas, A&M and/or Missouri. OU-Arkansas will be fun, easy to get to away games for both fanbases and a history of playing each other.

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    Interested to see what scheduling format is used for football and basketball. In football it has been discussed that each school will have a group of “permanent opponents” that play every year and then rotate everyone else in a 9 hand conference schedule. OU would definitely have Texas every year and possibly either Arkansas, A&M and/or Missouri. OU-Arkansas will be fun, easy to get to away games for both fanbases and a history of playing each other.
    I can't imagine how much money Arkansas grad Jerry jones would pay to host OU-Arkansas every year in AT&T Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    I can't imagine how much money Arkansas grad Jerry jones would pay to host OU-Arkansas every year in AT&T Stadium.
    Hopefully that stays Ark-A&M and OU-Ark is home and home. OU doesn’t need another neutral site game in Dallas.

I wonder how our conference change will affect our rooster kickoffs. Please God get rid of them!

Blog Entries

NCAA Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Could Oklahoma City capitalize on some future SEC tournaments:

WCSW (softball) being played annually in Oklahoma City, how likely will the SEC softball playoffs be moved to OKC since many of
    the SEC tournament sites are played in cities off campus.

Baseball: 2022 Hoover Met Stadium - Hoover, AL (10,800)
    Basketball: 2022 Amalie Arena - Tampa, FL (20,500)
    Football: Annually Atlanta, 2022 Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta, GA (71,000)
    Hockey: (?)
    Softball: 2022 University of Florida, Gainesville, FL (2,800)
    Wrestling: SEC does not sponsor wrestling as an official sport.

My reason for bringing this up, Oklahoma City could be a good site for softball since the regional tournaments feed into
    the WCWS. It would allow SEC teams to get a preview of the stadium--SEC teams have a good travel history to OKC for the WCWS.

Also,

Baseball: SEC Baseball Tournament in Hoover through 2022, but could it be headed to Oklahoma City in the future?: https://www.tuscaloosanews.com/story...ty/5425349001/

Basketball: if Oklahoma City builds a new downtown arena to replace Paycom Center, the SEC basketball could be played here since it would allow closer travel for area members like Arkansas, LSU, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas and Texas A & M. Last SEC basketball tournament was played in Tampa, with the 2023 SEC basketball tournament scheduled for Nashville's 18,500 seat Bridgestone Arena.

Missouri has won the SEC East 2 times. Since Missouri joined Georgia and Florida are the only other teams to win the SEC East.

Thread Information