Widgets Magazine
Page 57 of 69 FirstFirst ... 75253545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 1706

Thread: Penn Square Mall

Default Re: Penn Square Mall

Quote Originally Posted by progressiveboy View Post
    Altard States has permanently closed down in PS.
    Yeah, they must have had a bad holiday season and decided just to close some stores.

Urban Outfitters is still going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by progressiveboy View Post
    Altard States has permanently closed down in PS.
    According to what? Their website is saying they are open. They may just be moving to a different location in the mall.

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    According to what? Their website is saying they are open. They may just be moving to a different location in the mall.
    As per Facebook. Also I was at PS with my sister yesterday, she wanted to stop at his store it was completely empty and closed!

Ah, dang.

5. Default Re: Penn Square Mall

My cousin recently had several communications with the corporate office, and they told him the Alter'd State store was closed with no plans to reopen either elsewhere in the mall or another location in the area. His wife and several of her friends were really bummed that the store closed.

Now they can add an H&M or Zara in that space.

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi Blues View Post
    It's a great location, right off the center of the mall.

They'll find someone to take that space.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi Blues View Post
    I think Zara would do very, very well there or at the Oak development.

I like H&M but I don't think it's been a very big hit in OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    What makes you say that?

The H&M’s I’ve been to elsewhere are certainly far more active. Ironically, it’s still more active here than I ever expect it to be when I go, but that doesn’t mean much. I would be interested to see if it would be more active at Penn Square or if it’s genuinely just not popular here.

Agreed on Zara at Oak if not at PSM.

11. Default Re: Penn Square Mall

I was surprised the H&M at Northpark in Dallas closed. Makes you think H&M will really scrutinize leases as they come up for renewal.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    What makes you say that?
    I’ve been to many H&Ms in the UK and US and the one here seems way less popular. It is only observational and an opinion, but I wouLd guess the numbers not good and there has never been a buzz about it coming here. Now, Zara would likely be different imho.

I’ve been to many H&Ms in the UK and US and the one here seems way less popular. It is only observational and an opinion, but I wouLd guess the numbers not good and there has never been a buzz about it coming here. Now, Zara would likely be different imho.
    I’ve only been to the one at Quail Springs a couple times, but it was pretty busy both times I was there. I can’t say it was any more or less busy than the ones out here in LA but I’ve only been to these ones a couple times as well. I don’t shop there that much.

I've been to the H&M at Quail several times and it has customers but I wouldn't call it busy.

I think some of it has to do with malls going out of style and some of it has to do with Quail not being a great mall. The aquarium gives it an odd smell. It has several empty spaces. Many stores seem to be on the cheap side (and I don't mean cost). A lot of space is being taken up by concepts instead of stores now. The AMC doesn't bring people in like it did 25 years ago because they're better options in the area.

The H&M at Quail is a sad sack version of a real H&M. Not a true representation. It's kind of like H&M light. Also, that store would do better at Penn or Oak.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    The H&M at Quail is a sad sack version of a real H&M. Not a true representation. It's kind of like H&M light. Also, that store would do better at Penn or Oak.
    I agree with this, most H&Ms in other markets seem to have more variety and feel more complete. The QSM one reals more like an H&M outlet.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2023-06-15_11-22-24.jpg 
Views:	364 
Size:	107.8 KB 
ID:	18076

Cinnabon is going into the old Good Girl Chocolates location right next to Auntie Anne's Pretzels

Quote Originally Posted by W8N2SKI View Post
    Cinnabon is going into the old Good Girl Chocolates location right next to Auntie Anne's Pretzels
    My prayers have been answered! Feeling like the 90's again with Sbarro's and Cinnabon back in the mall. Now all they need is an arcade and we are back!

I guess they didn't want to go for the old Subway space upstairs in the food court.

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    I agree with this, most H&Ms in other markets seem to have more variety and feel more complete. The QSM one reals more like an H&M outlet.
    My wife LOVES H&M and has been to many all across the country. She was so excited to have one in OKC but after a few trips she stopped going. She didn't like the product. She would always contend that the "buyers" for the OKC store were not very good.

22. Default Re: Penn Square Mall

I have to mention this- I worked in retail management for some of the hottest companies at the time and at most malls in the market. There are not buyers for the “OKC market”. It depends on the volume (A-E) of the store or what kind of store it is (travel, destination, local, etc). The H&M stores that your wife has shopped in when out of the state are probably higher volume as most locations are. Okc is weird retail market, meaning that even if a location has a great volume, the corp office still looks at it as it being in Oklahoma and does not get all the bells and whistles. Sad but very true. We are not high profile at all. The quality is all the same unless you go to an “outlet” or “factory” store. That is where they might have different buyers. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Shortsyeararound View Post
    I have to mention this- I worked in retail management for some of the hottest companies at the time and at most malls in the market. There are not buyers for the “OKC market”. It depends on the volume (A-E) of the store or what kind of store it is (travel, destination, local, etc). The H&M stores that your wife has shopped in when out of the state are probably higher volume as most locations are. Okc is weird retail market, meaning that even if a location has a great volume, the corp office still looks at it as it being in Oklahoma and does not get all the bells and whistles. Sad but very true. We are not high profile at all. The quality is all the same unless you go to an “outlet” or “factory” store. That is where they might have different buyers. Hope this helps.
    Yeah, it's long been obvious that major chains don't think or care about their Oklahoma stores. It's frustrating to go into one of these stores in August and they've got sweaters and fall items on display while it's 103° outside and they don't have any shorts for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    Yeah, it's long been obvious that major chains don't think or care about their Oklahoma stores. It's frustrating to go into one of these stores in August and they've got sweaters and fall items on display while it's 103° outside and they don't have any shorts for sale.
    That is literally everywhere, not just Oklahoma.

I used to work in retail in here; trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    That is literally everywhere, not just Oklahoma.

I used to work in retail in here; trust me.
    Yep, saw that in Chicago when we lived there. 3-4 months in advance of the season...

Thread Information