Widgets Magazine
Page 57 of 63 FirstFirst ... 75253545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 1568

Thread: Uptown / 23rd District

Default Re: Uptown / 23rd District

Oh okay saw it has a rent-a-fence around the perimeter

Both of these proposals are a huge flop.

Blog Entries

I was very surprised at how bad these were in the sense of not seeming like much improvement...

If we have to keep 4 thru lanes then the only acceptable option from the perspective of pedestrian and cyclist safety is to remove the median.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Having a tree canopy is important for pedestrians. Even if it doesn’t shade people directly if it shades pavement and keeps it cooler than that is still a win to lessen the urban heat island effect. Both of these proposals suck. Unless I’m seeing something wrong,

The median should stay. Remove a lane of traffic where the median exists then keep the road at four lanes elsewhere. Expand the sidewalks a little bit. Add protected bike lanes. Those planter boxes they build in front of the development with the drake should be pushed all the way to the curb.

Both of these proposals are just underwhelming, IMO.
    They cited that they were constrained by the allowed budget. Also, what you described is in many ways what is planned, sans the bike lanes which are apparently off the table for 23rd but planned (in some capacity... hopefully not just sharrows) for both 24th and 22nd.

Even though these are being presented as the only two options, I encourage folks who don't like either of them to still share their thoughts and feedback with the developers. It's important they hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by LocoAko View Post
    They cited that they were constrained by the allowed budget. Also, what you described is in many ways what is planned, sans the bike lanes which are apparently off the table for 23rd but planned (in some capacity... hopefully not just sharrows) for both 24th and 22nd.

Even though these are being presented as the only two options, I encourage folks who don't like either of them to still share their thoughts and feedback with the developers. It's important they hear it.
    Why aren’t they even considering a road diet for at least part of the project? At least study it and give it as an option. And yes you are right I need to submit my opinion formally of the city I have yet to do so:

Blog Entries

we don't have a good budget for this so let's spend some money to look like we did something even though the end result won't be very different from what we have now

Neither proposal would decrease traffic speeds through the area, neither would make it easier for pedestrians to cross, and both predict a high number of traffic accidents to continue. So what exactly is the point of this?

Blog Entries

I was most surprised to see 11 ft lanes proposed

10. Default Re: Uptown / 23rd District

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    we don't have a good budget for this so let's spend some money to look like we did something even though the end result won't be very different from what we have now
    The sidewalk improvements are worth it to me alone. Right now it is terrifying to be a pedestrian on the southside of 23rd and this will help that. I agree it doesn't do as much for the cars but f*** those guys.

Blog Entries

I agree the sidewalk improvements are good since we at some point decided light poles smack in the middle of sidewalks were ever a good thing.

If you haven't submitted your thoughts on the proposed streetscape plans yet, the city has a simple survey to fill out which is due today: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PL5M7X3

Blog Entries

Construction on NW 23: Tree-lined median may get yanked to make road safer for pedestrians
    https://www.oklahoman.com/story/news...ct/6019657001/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	062994B4-7EFC-4803-AB83-F2C1F5AA4D66.jpeg 
Views:	77 
Size:	319.5 KB 
ID:	17152

Was at Cheever's last night and the server said one of their chefs has been over developing the new menu (good reviews from the staff) and that they should be open in the next couple of months.

I noticed some work being done to the building directly west of Craig's Emporium.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
    I noticed some work being done to the building directly west of Craig's Emporium.
    Noticed that as well. Looks like the glass window/doors have already been installed. Would like to know what is going in here.

There have been no permits for tenant build-out.

I suspect they are just continuing to clean up the space in order to lease it.

Saw a very welcomed sight today. The convenience store that was overrun with weeds, had busted out windows, and chewed up concrete across from OCU has been razed.
    Dirt work has commenced on this site for something.

Dirt work has commenced on this site for something.
    Tropical Smoothie.

Here's a quick overview of all the new projects along 23rd:

Isn't Dutch Bros. dead? And if so, why (since they've opened other locations here)? Did the land-owners want too much money?

Is the Korean restaurant on 23rd west of Classen still going forward?

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Isn't Dutch Bros. dead? And if so, why (since they've opened other locations here)? Did the land-owners want too much money?
    I was told not dead, but still negotiating.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    Is the Korean restaurant on 23rd west of Classen still going forward?
    I didn't include it because I saw a new 'For Lease' sign out front.

I'm watching the building permit application that was filed and thus far there has been no movement, so I'm not optimistic.

Thread Information