Widgets Magazine
Page 57 of 86 FirstFirst ... 75253545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 2146

Thread: University of Oklahoma Sports

Blog Entries

Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

^This will be an interesting week for KU. Definitely a step up on competition, although ISU is not a world beater. Line is bet down to ISU -3.

2. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Tough day for OU re: David Hicks, Jr. OU really needs its top BMDs to step up to the plate if it plans on beating out the NIL bagmen for A&M, Bama and the rest of the $EC.

Blog Entries

^Pretty amazing….Cary Murdock says that he had flat out committed to OU coaches and said it was DONE. Aggies flipped him late last night/early this AM. He never called OU to tell them he was changing his mind. OU staff very shocked by this.

Quote Originally Posted by HangryHippo View Post
    KU win the conference? lol
    I didn’t say they will win the conference. I said 5 posts up I still had my money on OU winning the conference. I just said someone having that opinion right now isn’t completely crazy. KU has the best resume through week 4 in the big 12. Only team that comes close right now on paper is Tech. This will obviously change going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by okatty View Post
    ^Pretty amazing….Cary Murdock says that he had flat out committed to OU coaches and said it was DONE. Aggies flipped him late last night/early this AM. He never called OU to tell them he was changing his mind. OU staff very shocked by this.
    Let him go there, Texas A&M will never win anything anyway

Quote Originally Posted by GoGators View Post
    I didn’t say they will win the conference. I said 5 posts up I still had my money on OU winning the conference. I just said someone having that opinion right now isn’t completely crazy. KU has the best resume through week 4 in the big 12. Only team that comes close right now on paper is Tech. This will obviously change going forward.
    Texas Tech is not better than OSU or Baylor but we shall see very soon as in this saturday since OSU is playing Baylor and Texas Tech is playing Kansas State.

7. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

So it's going to take Venables a while to build a great team. This team isn't very good on either side of the ball. I was on the "This team is going to surprise people this season". I was wrong.

The John Blake era was a little bit before my time but I assume it felt similar to this.

9. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    The John Blake era was a little bit before my time but I assume it felt similar to this.
    Kinda. But that era lasted years. All of the 90s. It was not just Blake but also Gibbs and Schnellenberger. That hurt. This should get better next year and much better the year after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    So it's going to take Venables a while to build a great team. This team isn't very good on either side of the ball. I was on the "This team is going to surprise people this season". I was wrong.
    I'm surprised!

The good news is we have a pretty solid list of recruits that have committed for next year which is promising to see. The bad news is that it's no guarantee we'll close the deal on those guys in this NIL universe we live in. We just lost out on a big time DL recruit who had told everyone he was committing to OU. In all likelihood, boosters tossed a big enough pile of money at him that he accepted, which is perfectly legal now.

Still though, very frustrating to see such terrible tackling and giving up big plays on D. And I worry if Gabriel isn't healthy. There was quite the dropoff between him and Beville today (and Gabriel wasn't exactly lighting it up before he went out either).

12. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Quote Originally Posted by RodH View Post
    I'm surprised!
    Surprised at us not being very good? We lost a potentially Heisman contender QB to USC. Plus a few starters to the portal on both sides of the ball immediately after Riley bailed. Our starting QB is a second string for any other major college team and our 2 second string QBs are a desperation choice. We were destined y to not t very good this year. I got sucked into the "We might surprise people" thing but realistically that wasn't going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by GoGators View Post
    Don't forget about Texas Tech. They are 3-1 with their only loss on the road to a top 10 team. 3 out of their first 4 games have been against ranked opponents. They are somewhere in that mix as well. I think the big 12 is just going to be chaos every week. I'd still put my money on OU winning the conference though. Should get a lot more clarity after this week's games.
    So, you still think Sooners will win the conference?

I am not surprised Sooners lost, I did not expect Sooners to be good under first year head coach anyway

Blog Entries

NCAA Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Texas Christian Horned Frogs 55 vs Oklahoma Sooners 24

I think Sooners will be unranked for the first time since when?

Sad to admit that the Sooners are the worst team in the big 12

I believe every fan expected the impossible from a new team with new coaches and a lot of new young players

The recruits that will play next season are 5 and 4 star recruits like QB Nick Evers

OU will have to throw a lot of money at players to recruit more talent and to keep current talent from hitting the portal

Surprised at us not being very good? We lost a potentially Heisman contender QB to USC. Plus a few starters to the portal on both sides of the ball immediately after Riley bailed. Our starting QB is a second string for any other major college team and our 2 second string QBs are a desperation choice. We were destined y to not t very good this year. I got sucked into the "We might surprise people" thing but realistically that wasn't going to happen.
    You are correct about most of what you said but you are wrong about QB Dillon Gabriel he is ranked in the top 10 for power 5 QB’s and like you said it’s a new team with new coaches but OU recruited a lot of young talent making sooner football #5 in recruiting

OU’s 5 star QB Nick Evers will be eligible to play next season

You obviously know very little about college football

19. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Yea, unfortunately a lot of the more Elite college payrolls are going to make the NFL players jealous these days. And If you’re a high net worth individual who also happens to be a Big Money Donor, you might have to step up a bit (if you want to see more than 6 W’s).

That’s just where we are these days.

I must agree. OU was left for dead after last season. No excuses, but it would be Totally unfair to judge BV and this staff or even this team this year. I believe in where this staff is going and am more than willing to suffer through the process to elite status.

Quote Originally Posted by April in the Plaza View Post
    Yea, unfortunately a lot of the more Elite college payrolls are going to make the NFL players jealous these days. And If you’re a high net worth individual who also happens to be a Big Money Donor, you might have to step up a bit (if you want to see more than 6 W’s).

That’s just where we are these days.
    The Sooners are an elite football program and has the most wins out of any college football programs

OU football will not be like the cornhuskers

Quote Originally Posted by shartel_ave View Post
    Texas Tech is not better than OSU or Baylor but we shall see very soon as in this saturday since OSU is playing Baylor and Texas Tech is playing Kansas State.
    Texas Tech isn’t a good team and they showed it today

These two statements made me laugh. Don’t think you’re the authority on cfb either, buddy.

24. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

You are correct about most of what you said but you are wrong about QB Dillon Gabriel he is ranked in the top 10 for power 5 QB’s and like you said it’s a new team with new coaches but OU recruited a lot of young talent making sooner football #5 in recruiting

Gabriel is, or probably at this point was, highly ranked. But it was based on his stats at UCF. A small Group Of Five school.

One if us indeed doesn't know college football. It's not me.

25. Default Re: University of Oklahoma Sports

Quote Originally Posted by Boop View Post
    I think Sooners will be unranked for the first time since when?
    OU began conference play during the Covid season of 2020 by losing to Kansas State in Week 2 and Iowa State in Week 3 and fell out of the rankings the next week.

And in 2016, OU fell out of the rankings after the beatdown by Ohio State in Norman and a 1-2 start to that season.

Thread Information