Widgets Magazine
Page 57 of 99 FirstFirst ... 75253545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 2471

Thread: Chesapeake Business Practices

Default Re: Chesapeake Business Practices

Quote Originally Posted by venture79 View Post
    KWTV reporting more layoffs happening today. I guess the Lost Ogle nailed this a week or two ago.
    Their chest beating was pretty lame if you ask me. Local TV stations were reporting on layoffs the week before. All they did was post excerpts from an email someone sent them from the inside.

My take was this, damn near everyone in OKC knows at least one person that works at CHK. CHK employees have known loooooooong before the WARN that layoffs were coming, therefore, most of the city knew it as well. Lost Ogle posted that as if they were reporting a cure for cancer.

We knew all about this here long before TLO.

The makings of this could be seen more than 10 years ago from their methods of operation..
    During much of this time CHK was like watching a case of military victory disease. Many in OKC fell under its spell.

4. Default Re: Chesapeake Business Practices

Quote Originally Posted by pahdz View Post
    Their chest beating was pretty lame if you ask me. Local TV stations were reporting on layoffs the week before. All they did was post excerpts from an email someone sent them from the inside.

My take was this, damn near everyone in OKC knows at least one person that works at CHK. CHK employees have known loooooooong before the WARN that layoffs were coming, therefore, most of the city knew it as well. Lost Ogle posted that as if they were reporting a cure for cancer.
    Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Oh I know...this was a case of me forgetting to put this little guy ->

Oops. LOL

On a slightly related note, I'm starting to fall out of love with TLO. Its great for a funny read while at work but not much more. They have an over inflated sense of self-importance that rubs me the wrong way.

I remember them tweeting very nasty things at Sam Anderson, the NY Times writer, because they felt he had ripped something off of them in regards to the Gary England story. When it was clarified that he had in fact not, no apology.

Quote Originally Posted by adaniel View Post
    On a slightly related note, I'm starting to fall out of love with TLO. Its great for a funny read while at work but not much more. They have an over inflated sense of self-importance that rubs me the wrong way.

I remember them tweeting very nasty things at Sam Anderson, the NY Times writer, because they felt he had ripped something off of them in regards to the Gary England story. When it was clarified that he had in fact not, no apology.
    I stopped reading their blog about a year or so ago. It's a shame because some of it was great, but it just got old and their arrogance of being the only "media" who gets scoops in OKC was tiresome.

TLO has become pretty belligerent of late and seems to be creating lots of enemies.

It's great to speak your mind and provide local satire but OKC is a pretty tightly-knit community.

There is a way to poke fun and provide contrary views without being completely abrasive and hateful.

Finally the public acknowledgement: Chesapeake lays off 86 employees | News OK

Chesapeake Energy Corp. laid off 86 employees Tuesday as it moves forward with an ongoing overhaul under new CEO Doug Lawler.

Lawler notified employees of the latest changes to Chesapeake's organizational structure Tuesday in an email. Eighty-six people in a number of departments lost their jobs at the Oklahoma City oil and natural gas producer.

“These individuals have played an important role in the growth of our company, and we worked hard to ensure that each was treated with integrity and respect throughout this process,” he said.

Lawler said Chesapeake remains on track to complete its reorganization by Nov. 1.

“I fully recognize the difficulty and stress associated with the transformation process,” he wrote in his email to employees. “I assure you that we are working as quickly as possible to improve and position Chesapeake for future success.”

It should make for an interesting annual Halloween party, coming after five weeks of substantial employee terminations.

God what a nightmare to work there wondering if you're the next in line to be cut. There will be a lot of sweating between now and Nov. 1.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    God what a nightmare to work there wondering if you're the next in line to be cut. There will be a lot of sweating between now and Nov. 1.
    That's exactly what I was thinking when I heard the news. The rumors had to been flying for sometime. Then you have Archie Dunham shooting his mouth off to the media about having too many employees. As soon as I heard that I thought, "We wonder why, so many people hate Corporate America?" That may be true, he does not need to say that in the media especially with the holidays around the corner. I can only imagine the fear in many Chesapeake employees minds. To top it off this chowder head is saying "Tsk Tsk... your jobs are not needed but, mine sure is."

11. Default Re: Chesapeake Business Practices

At least Christmas lights are going up today!....SMH

Quote Originally Posted by pahdz View Post

Their take me seriously/don't take me seriously routine is just one part of why they've become irritating. A larger factor is that the site is making it increasingly clear that they are not a good faith critic.

There is a way to poke fun and provide contrary views without being completely abrasive and hateful.
    That way would be a lot less entertaining to read.

And it's tough to refer to TLO as "they." I don't know how much editorial control is maintained over their writers.

I have created a thread specific to The Lost Ogle: http://www.okctalk.com/arts-entertai...tml#post689618

Now back to Chesapeake business practices...

These are RUMORS from an anonymous source inside CHK from 2 emails I received yesterday. If someone can confirm or deny any of this, please do. I deleted any information mentioning names and anything that has been confirmed by news coverage. Again most of these points are just rumors right now so other than 86 people being let go, I can't confirm any of it:

Have a friend in IT and he said they are letting 60% of IT go.

I also heard anyone with 5 years or better would get a better severance package. Did hear the stock that wasn't currently vested would not vest.
    Anyone with 25+ years exp…. gone. 86 people laid off today, so far.

The gym will be opened up to the public, Gold’s Gym will operate it. All the restaurants will go contract too, so those employees will lose their CHK benefits.

IT supposed to be hit today, too. Most of the regular joe employees are saying they only got 2 months’ severance pay, Cobra and NO vesting of stock that wasn’t already vested previous.

Some managers got 3 months sev. and some VP’s supposedly getting 6 months sev

16. Default Re: Chesapeake Business Practices

Interesting since the place hasn't been open for 25 years. will be next year so maybe they are thinking that

Interesting about the gym and restaurants -- makes perfect sense.

Wonder if the restaurants will open to the public?

Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
    Interesting since the place hasn't been open for 25 years. will be next year so maybe they are thinking that
    25 years work experience, not CHK experience.

19. Default Re: Chesapeake Business Practices

Ahh gotcha. makes sense now

I believe this link has been posted before and there is lots of junk in it, but it does have some good information:

Chesapeake Energy Corp. Layoffs

Gold's Gym? With CHK's community ties I could've seen them spinning this off to the YMCA (and maybe that discussion was held), but not Gold's.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    They should meet with state employees who have survived multi day per month furloughs and full on RIFs on numerous occasions over the last two decades, as well as with those who are now elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    These are RUMORS from an anonymous source inside CHK from 2 emails I received yesterday. If someone can confirm or deny any of this, please do. I deleted any information mentioning names and anything that has been confirmed by news coverage. Again most of these points are just rumors right now so other than 86 people being let go, I can't confirm any of it:
    Not sure if that is good info, somebody posted that exact thing on site that Pete linked to, thelayoff.com Asked a friends who work for them and there has not been any email mentioning this.

And their still in the front yard playing ultimate frisbee......

Quote Originally Posted by pw405 View Post
    Not sure if that is good info, somebody posted that exact thing on site that Pete linked to, thelayoff.com Asked a friends who work for them and there has not been any email mentioning this.
    There wasn't any public email or official email. These came from one employee currently at CHK and one that took the severence package back in February and have been forwarded around through several of my energy industry channels. They were sent to me by a former employee of CHK. Again, they are rumors.

Thread Information