Widgets Magazine
Page 57 of 96 FirstFirst ... 75253545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 2384

Thread: Midtown

Default Re: General Midtown Thread

Anyone been to the Midtown Saturn Grill?

Prices seemed 20-30% higher and this location is also a sit down concept with waiters, as opposed to the other locations with the walk up counter ordering.

It is the smallest location that I've been to but very nice design, however I really don't care for the change of using the waitstaff. The service was good and friendly, but I just prefer the original concept of quick and casual.

Food was great as expected.

Here are some photos of Saturn Grill:

3. Default Re: General Midtown Thread

Can't really see from that photo, but the skyline view must be great.

Looks great, but does any restaurant have a worse logo than Saturn Grill?!? So awful on so many levels.

"The Candy Store" looks like it is almost ready to open next door to Saturn Grill in the south west corner of the same building

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    "The Candy Store" looks like it is almost ready to open next door to Saturn Grill in the south west corner of the same building
    Hadn't heard about this...

Know the operator or any more details?

Here is a photo from Boulder of the Candy Store going in next to GoGo Sushi and the Saturn Grill:

Something also going on at 11th & Harvey, the old printing business. Today there is a Lippert Bros job trailer setting up in the parking lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyline View Post
    Something also going on at 11th & Harvey, the old printing business. Today there is a Lippert Bros job trailer setting up in the parking lot.
    There was a $75K building permit a few days ago to remodel that space from a print shop to offices.

The building was recently sold for $825K to the Good Shepherd Ministries:

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    There was a $75K building permit a few days ago to remodel that space from a print shop to offices.

Cool. That could be a good building if the store front windows were put back in.

11. Default Re: General Midtown Thread

Drove by the candy store last night and it actually looked open, including people at the register, though they may have been still doing set-up/training, etc. Super clean/minimalist interior as far as I could tell from the outside while driving down the street at 50 MPH.

12. Default Re: General Midtown Thread

Oops. The speed limit there is 30. So I'm SURE I was doing 30.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

I know it says offices, but is there any reason to believe this could become a church?

A church at that location would effectively shut down any chance at a neighborhood bar in Midtown. Am I being paranoid?

A church would require a change in zoning and that is not a part of this permit.

The stated intended use is 'office'.

Quote Originally Posted by CurtisJ View Post
    I know it says offices, but is there any reason to believe this could become a church?

A church at that location would effectively shut down any chance at a neighborhood bar in Midtown. Am I being paranoid?
    being that a church is across the street already i'm not sure what effect it would have ... although it would need to be rezoned to be a church ..

All the bar talk in the Plaza thread has me wondering...What kind of investment would it take to build out the north lots on 10th between Hudson and Walker? I'm thinking somewhere between $4M and $7M

17. Default Re: General Midtown Thread

Add a zero.

18. Default Re: General Midtown Thread

Ever heard of McNellie's?

Quote Originally Posted by CuatrodeMayo View Post
    Add a zero.
    Really?! That's more than The Edge...

If you built out the entire "lot" at a ridiculous $400/sq. ft. that's only $18M...Surely the 7 lots between 10th and Park Pl. wouldn't cost $22M...

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Ever heard of McNellie's?
    I know the place better than I care to admit, but it is just as much a restaurant as it is a bar.

I know the place better than I care to admit, but it is just as much a restaurant as it is a bar.
    It's a Pub

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    It's a Pub
    Not that it makes much difference but pubs are known for food as much as for alcohol.

23. Default Re: General Midtown Thread

Really?! That's more than The Edge...

If you built out the entire "lot" at a ridiculous $400/sq. ft. that's only $18M...Surely the 7 lots between 10th and Park Pl. wouldn't cost $22M...
    I was thinking you meant all the way to 11th.

Sorry, I'm talking about the undeveloped land just north of 10th, south of Park Place, and in between Walker/Hudson.

Would love to see a place like this, really anywhere in OKC, but preferably in a place like MidTown: Anvil - Bar &amp Refuge

Sorry, I'm talking about the undeveloped land just north of 10th, south of Park Place, and in between Walker/Hudson.

Would love to see a place like this, really anywhere in OKC, but preferably in a place like MidTown: Anvil - Bar &amp Refuge
    Good call, we could definitely use a craft cocktail place.

Thread Information