Widgets Magazine
Page 56 of 96 FirstFirst ... 65152535455565758596061 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 2384

Thread: Midtown

Default Re: General Midtown Thread

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    I've been dying to see someone do something with this building. You've got the great covered patio area, and two garage doors that would look as glass garage doors I think it would make a great restaurant location.
    Id love to see something like the Petrol Station down in Houston go in here. Tons of local only brews, a very small pub menu (not just deep fried crap and nachos).

Photo from Metro showing progress at the new Saturn Grill, to be located behind GoGo Sushi:

Cool way to have fun and have a nice view of the Halloween Parade:

The Mayfair Building is going on the National Register of Historic Places.

Mayfair Building in Oklahoma City is added to National Register of Historic Places | NewsOK.com

Nice article about a couple's new house designed and built in Midtown:

Preserving The Future - Oklahoma Magazine - November 2012

"An Oklahoma City architect creates a dream home for an Oklahoma City family."

The address isn't given -- just that it's in Midtown. Some house pics:

What views!

It's in SoSA on 8th St., I believe. I've been watching it go up and admiring it.

Wow.

It's in SoSA on 8th St., I believe. I've been watching it go up and admiring it.
    It's in SoSA on 7th street, two doors down from Wells house and across the street from Lovallo residence.

Sign going up on Saturn Grill (photo courtesy of BoulderSooner):

Ah, can't wait! I'm so happy about Saturn Grill being so close. Years ago I used to joke that I never went south of 63rd St. Now, I rarely go north of it. It's just too much trouble to go up to the NH Plaza for dinner when there's so much in Midtown and downtown. I'm so glad to add Saturn to the rotation.

I poked my head in there last week and the decor is very interesting and bold.

Should be a great addition to Midtown.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I poked my head in there last week and the decor is very interesting and bold.
    That's what I would expect.,given the decor at their other restaurant.

On another note, I saw a law moving van at the document storage building on the NW corner of 10th and Hudson the other day, with multiple other vehicles there. Now there's a dumpster. So, I wonder if it is going to change hands anytime soon.

On another note, I saw a law moving van at the document storage building on the NW corner of 10th and Hudson the other day, with multiple other vehicles there. Now there's a dumpster. So, I wonder if it is going to change hands anytime soon.
    They had a big auction there last week, but I hope this is a sign of bigger/better things to come.

Midtown Midtown Renaissance Group

Does anyone know how to actually get in touch with MidtownR? I've been attempting to talk with them about residential vacancies for lease for two weeks without any response. I've called the posted -6262 number, left voicemails, emailed, and facebook messaged them without any reply. Any ideas on how to get in touch with them? I've been reading through the forum and there seems to be a pattern of poor communication on their part, is this indicative of the rest of their organization?

Default Re: Midtown Renaissance Group

Quote Originally Posted by wev162 View Post
    Does anyone know how to actually get in touch with MidtownR? I've been attempting to talk with them about residential vacancies for lease for two weeks without any response. I've called the posted -6262 number, left voicemails, emailed, and facebook messaged them without any reply. Any ideas on how to get in touch with them? I've been reading through the forum and there seems to be a pattern of poor communication on their part, is this indicative of the rest of their organization?
    I, too, had difficulty getting in touch with them when I was looking to move into one of their buildings. Once I finally got a hold of someone, I got on their list and made it into The Cline. It took quite some time (almost a year) for me to get into an apartment with them. My apartment is several steps above any other OKC apartment that I've ever lived in or visited. Jana is their apartment leasing/property management person, and she has been very responsive to me since I got on their list. I'd guess that they don't have any vacancies right now and/or that their waiting list is really long and/or that they receive a ton of inquiries. Sure those aren't excuses for not responding, but the experience that I have living in one of their buildings makes up for any delayed communication I had with them at the beginning.

18. Default Re: General Midtown Thread

It is becoming a pattern. Tough to say, I guess it's like calling in to the radio and being the lucky 13th caller...

Quote Originally Posted by soonerhcf View Post
    I, too, had difficulty getting in touch with them when I was looking to move into one of their buildings. Once I finally got a hold of someone, I got on their list and made it into The Cline. It took quite some time (almost a year) for me to get into an apartment with them. My apartment is several steps above any other OKC apartment that I've ever lived in or visited. Jana is their apartment leasing/property management person, and she has been very responsive to me since I got on their list. I'd guess that they don't have any vacancies right now and/or that their waiting list is really long and/or that they receive a ton of inquiries. Sure those aren't excuses for not responding, but the experience that I have living in one of their buildings makes up for any delayed communication I had with them at the beginning.
    They do have at least one opening at the Cline, I moved to Houston last weekend, lease runs out on my two bedroom at the end of the month, contact Jana if your interested!

from this months DDRC

midtown R wants to close the 3 streets street north of broadway Circle south of 13th between the alley east of robinson and broadway

to expand their car dealer ship

Quote Originally Posted by soonerhcf View Post
    I have lived in Hadden Hall for two years but I am now moving back to Chicago. I told Jana on Monday Morning that I needed to move, she showed the apartment once Monday Afternoon and they signed the lease. I assume the person she showed it to was on the wait list which I hear could be pretty long. She told me they are tentatively scheduled to begin pre-leasing for The Guardian in December.

They are EXCELLENT landlords and their apartments are top quality, you can not find better quality rentals in OKC. Jana has always been extremely responsive and great to work with. If I wasn't moving back to Chicago I would have stayed living in that apartment indefinitely.

22. Default Re: General Midtown Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    from this months DDRC

midtown R wants to close the 3 streets street north of broadway Circle south of 13th between the alley east of robinson and broadway

to expand their car dealer ship
    Oh my. We should uh talk about this...

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Oh my. We should talk about this...
    I think closing streets should always be a no go.

I think my biggest problem with this is that when one block of one street gets closed then how easy is it to close block after block of the same street. Harvey, California, Broadway, ect.

If you really are interested, visit the second floor of the Mercedez dealership off of Broadway. Jana has an office there. It couldn't hurt to put a face to your name.

Thread Information