Widgets Magazine
Page 56 of 70 FirstFirst ... 65152535455565758596061 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 1745

Thread: OAK (formerly Penn Central)

Default Re: OAK (formerly Penn Central)

2. Default Re: OAK (formerly Penn Central)

All without public handouts. Imagine that. Looks great!

Tommy Bahama has filed its building permit. Note the accordion windows that create a large indoor/outdoor patio space. The restaurant and store will be connected via an interior doorway.

Oak is aiming to open in September of 2024. They have a bunch more tenants they should be announcing soon.

4. Default Re: OAK (formerly Penn Central)

So I am guessing this is like the other Tommy Bahama restaurants that have clothing in the front then a restaurant in the back. I remember the coconut shrimp being really good.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    So I am guessing this is like the other Tommy Bahama restaurants that have clothing in the front then a restaurant in the back. I remember the coconut shrimp being really good.
    This looks side by side doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    They will be side-by-side on the ground floor of the hotel facing the plaza at the south end; the restaurant will be on the corner and store will be just north toward RH Gallery.

7. Default Re: OAK (formerly Penn Central)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    They will be side-by-side on the ground floor of the hotel facing the plaza at the south end; the restaurant will be on the corner and store will be just north toward RH Gallery.

Do we know updated rent prices for the apts yet Pete?

Quote Originally Posted by Shortsyeararound View Post
    Do we know updated rent prices for the apts yet Pete?
    I don't think they've been set as they are still close to a year from opening.

9. Default Re: OAK (formerly Penn Central)

I don't think they've been set as they are still close to a year from opening.
    Was just curious if they were going to be around that $3500 mark I keep seeing on other new projects.

10. Default Re: OAK (formerly Penn Central)

Will the Marlin Bar be the hotel's restaurant, or will there be another option there?

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    Will the Marlin Bar be the hotel's restaurant, or will there be another option there?
    No, the ground floor facing the plaza will not be directly connected to the hotel.

The hotel will have a bar, restaurant, patio and pool on the 2nd level overlooking the plaza.

Quote Originally Posted by Shortsyeararound View Post
    Was just curious if they were going to be around that $3500 mark I keep seeing on other new projects.
    I think that's only been for luxury high rise apts. I don't think anyone would rent here for $3500.

13. Default Re: OAK (formerly Penn Central)

$3500 for a 1 or 2 bed apt. in mega expensive Denver would only be for luxury units.

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    $3500 for a 1 or 2 bed apt. in mega expensive Denver would only be for luxury units.
    In downtown OKC:

Carnegie Centre Historic Lofts, 1b/1ba 723-1133 sqft 3300-3600
    The First Residences at First National, Just expensive. $1,720-12,925
    The Spaniard - 2bed, 2.5ba, 2152 sqft 3500-5200.
    LIFT - they say they have apartments in that rent range, but none are available that I found in a quick search.
    The Classen, 2b/2.5ba Penthouse, 1669 sqft 3500-4000.

Quote Originally Posted by fortpatches View Post
    In downtown OKC:

Carnegie Centre Historic Lofts, 1b/1ba 723-1133 sqft 3300-3600
    The First Residences at First National, Just expensive. $1,720-12,925
    The Spaniard - 2bed, 2.5ba, 2152 sqft 3500-5200.
    LIFT - they say they have apartments in that rent range, but none are available that I found in a quick search.
    The Classen, 2b/2.5ba Penthouse, 1669 sqft 3500-4000.
    carnegie centre is from 1,700 and up and other then the almost 2k sqft unit most are under 2,200 except the fully furnished units

and the spaniard starts at 1,800 for a 1 bed
    https://www.carnegieokc.com/rates

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    carnegie centre is from 1,700 and up and other then the almost 2k sqft unit most are under 2,200 except the fully furnished units

and the spaniard starts at 1,800 for a 1 bed
    https://www.carnegieokc.com/rates
    Well yea, I didn't choose the cheapest or most expensive options. I was looking for apartments in Downtown OKC in the 1-2bed and $3,500 range in response to the comment I replied to....

They said

So, I was interested in what "$3500 for a 1 or 2 bed apt. in Downtown OKC would only be for". Those are the only five that I found.

17. Default Re: OAK (formerly Penn Central)

Thank you.
    Those are the places I was referring to. Love the Spaniard but that cost- ouch

Look at all the cars in the first photo:

I was at Penn Square for a few hours on Saturday, it was nicely busy with the beginning of the holiday shopping season.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    I was at Penn Square for a few hours on Saturday, it was nicely busy with the beginning of the holiday shopping season.
    Black Friday was the most full I've seen Penn Square since ~2015. I didn't go into Quail, but the parking lot looked pretty full too. Unfortunately the Quail Springs AMC was closed, though.

Any one know if any of the residential will be condos or will it all just be apartments?

I pop in periodically at PSM.

Macy's and Penney's are dead but the rest of the mall is always humming.

I notice there are something like 50 or more worker vehicles parking on the east side of Pennsylvania daily, with all the men walking haphazardly across the street during rush hour. I’m wondering why the city doesn’t require developers to provide safe and easy on-site parking for worker vehicles? Sure looks to me like there is space on the SE corner of the project than can be designated worker parking and would not be permanently damaged by heavy construction vehicles if they use a little bit of planning.

^

I've seen that too. I'm sure OAK is paying 50 Penn a fee to use that parking.

Soon, all the workers will be able to park in the new OAK parking garage.

Building permit application filed for Williams Sonoma.

You can see there will be a large kitchen area -- not doubt for classes and demonstrations -- in the middle of the space.

Thread Information